Worst Field In The Area?

Guest Kelly Football

Guest Kelly Football

No turf in this area so which field in the area has the worst field? Grass conditions? Grass to high etc.

i think the WOS field has high grass..of course i never ran on another schools grass so i dont know how theres is compared to ours

Track maybe, but not the field.  I am really beginning to wonder if you are even a Mustang.  If I was as negative about everything as you seem to be, I just wouldn't be a part of it.  ???

Well atleast the best i thought was Jasper. Very nicely setup i think field wise and surroundings wise. When i played on Kountze's field a while back, I didn't like it much. But i visited there lately and watched a game and it looked fine. LC-M didn't have a good field either, But also have been there lately.

Guest Yard Bird

I think High Island has the worst field,but I could not clearly see the field for the mesquitos. Several years ago I watched W. Sabine play High Island, High Island was leading by a couple of points and W. Sabine had the ball for the last play of the game. W. Sabine full back broke through the line and was running uncontested for the end zone but was drug down on the five yard line by mesquitos. High Island won. The most terrible place by far to play a football game.

Thats funny :D :D :D :D :D

Guest ECBucFan

I dunno. HJ's field LOOKED good from the stands last year. It looks like it has really good drainage with the louvered grates along the sidelines. Just an opinion from the stands... 

I know that this year, when the 'Stangs played them for their homecoming...it was HORRIBLE.  We could barely breathe with all of that nasty, orange smoke barreling out of the jumper...maybe it was planned that way to get to some of our 'Stangs...JUST JOKING!!!  It wasn't the field...it was the AIR!!!  Nice touch if I may say so. ;)

In my opinion, it is a toss up between 3 (from a fan point of view)

Newton and Buna tie for first:  nothing like trying to look around electrical poles to watch a ball game. They are followed by Anahauc.  These stands are so small on the visitor's side, that the BC band and Strutters took most of them up.

HJ field is the worst also the visitors side is to small.

This is very true. But, HJ hasn't had many big games to deal with at their stadium. Football has grown obviously around here. It is about time to maake the stands bigger huh! A new football field wouldn't be bad either!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami