Question about BISD

Guest etbu

Guest DickVitale

Yes, Central is at Babe Zaharias Stadium off of I-10, and Ozen plays at Lamar University's Cardinal Stadium...Slight advantage for West Brook football, with them being the only BISD school with their varsity stadium ON campus...Ozen has a nice sub-varsity football facility though...If they added blechers to the players side, they COULD play varsity games there....Central is another story. ;)

Guest etbu

For the sake of the kids why don't they build one really nice stadium where all the teams can play? Are all three stadiums in bad of shape like the one on I-10? Do any have turf etc?

Guest etbu

From a taxpayer standpoint that does not even make sense let alone fair to the kids. If the schools in the Dallas and Houston area can do it why not BISD? Build one really nice stadium for all the schools to play in.

Guest DickVitale

I think that the universal stadium route takes away home field advantage.  What would PNG be without "The Reservation"? Same concept....If they just put money into renovating what they have at home, that will be must more cost effective, and give them what all the other 22-4A schools have.....a TRUE home field...

I dont' know why Ozen dont' make that JV field into a Varsity field.  There is enough room.  Central's field is ok.  Only thing they need is new bleachers.  Press box is nice.  Grass is in nice conditions.  It's in a monumental landmark.  Only thing that could be said is that it's not by our school.  I dont' mind going to Babe to watch my Jags.

Guest DickVitale

Soulja, that's my point.  Why do Beaumont kids (except West Brook) have to get on the bus for a home game?  Ozen and Central are the only schools in 22-4A that don't actually have a home varsity field....That should be corrected, and a universal stadium is NOT the answer.  Then you will hav scheduling conflicts and someone will have to play "Friday Night Lights" on SATURDAY afternoon!  :D...BISD needs to see that, and simply renovate the home campus facilities....

Guest etbu

Something  fishy about this deal and not a level playing field for all the kids of BISD. Spending money on three different stadiums? Two schools have to travel and one does not?  ???

'It is what it is'.  If and when they decide they want to build Ozen and central new stadiums, that would be cool.  I have no complaints, well not that many at least.  I just want the playoffs and hopefully a state championship from any of our schools.

Guest DickVitale

Yeah but there should be equal oppurtunity for ALL Beaumont schools to succeed.  Honestly, I do feel like Central is treated like the red headed step child in BISD...Thats just being honest....They give Ozen what they need, and you KNOW West Brook will NEVER go without, but they often forget about Central in the big scheme of things...With the "school of choice" philosophy in BISD , Ozen and Brook will get the top notch students and athletes, and Central will get the neighborhood kids,(which are in most cases really good athletes too) and kids whose parents hated the "pear orchard" so much, they will refuse to let them go anywhere near "old Hebert High"! That's just how I see it from the inside.

Guest etbu

They can say what they want and it's crap to say all kids are treated fairly. "No kid left behind"? Yea right sing that song somewhere else. Fact is that inner city kids do not get the benefits that others enjoy. Case in point look at the situation within HISD. JOKE It will never happen but all kids should be treated equally and it will never happen. BISD'''''''''''''' Spread the money fairly to all skewls within your district regardless of race. ;D

Guest etbu

One way to do it and that is to vote the board members out. We had that problem over here and we got out the loser board members voted out. Old Jewish saying  "power is to be taken not given".  8)

Guest DickVitale

Don't even let me get started on HISD!! How can you have schools with facilities like Westside, Bellaire, Waltrip, Westbury, Chavez and Lamar (which look like suburban schools)....Then have schools with facilities like Sharpstown, Jones, Furr, Washington, and Worthing (no comment)....Same school district, yet worlds apart.

Then you have the political fixes, like putting new buildings at Wheatley (for powerful Wheatley alumni) and Reagan ( in order to make The Heights/Downtown area appear more attractive for developers)  Terrible.

Guest etbu

Don't even let me get started on HISD!! How can you have schools with facilities like Westside, Bellaire, Waltrip, Westbury, Chavez and Lamar (which look like suburban schools)....Then have schools with facilities like Sharpstown, Jones, Furr, Washington, and Worthing (no comment)....Same school district, yet worlds apart.

Then you have the political fixes, like putting new buildings at Wheatley (for powerful Wheatley alumni) and Reagan ( in order to make The Heights/Downtown area appear more attractive for developers)  Terrible.

I am with you DV bc I work right down the street from Wheatley and not to far from Kashmere. BINGO You nailed it and only getting worse and I do not even know how the kids at Sam Houston even learn anything with what they have to work with.

Where's all of our hard earn tax paying money going then? We in PNG ISD along with WOS are considered wealthy districts, which is a joke.  These communities are all hard working communities and barely stay afloat yet we HAVE to give millions of dollars to poor school districts.  This is the biggest joke.  Our kids suffer from the dollars lost why the so called valley and inner city kids get the benefits. Look at the stadiums they are buiding in the valley compares to the one's in this area.  Also, CY-Fair and the northern section of Katy is mostly minorities and they're schools are way nicer than some of your more so called affluent area's.

Where's all of our hard earn tax paying money going then? We in PNG ISD along with WOS are considered wealthy districts, which is a joke.  These communities are all hard working communities and barely stay afloat yet we HAVE to give millions of dollars to poor school districts.  This is the biggest joke.  Our kids suffer from the dollars lost why the so called valley and inner city kids get the benefits. Look at the stadiums they are buiding in the valley compares to the one's in this area.  Also, CY-Fair and the northern section of Katy is mostly minorities and they're schools are way nicer than some of your more so called affluent area's.

You might want to look @ Cy-Fair's demographics again.  Mostly White and affluent.  Like their neighbors in Katy, and Ft. Bend, they are having a huge surge in population and have the need to build more schools and athletic facilities.  I thought I read on their web site they're the second biggest ISD next to Houston.  Back on topic, BISD tax payers are 'satisfied' to a certain extent because the West End and the Pear both got their schools back.  What's left out of the discussion are the number of kids going to Kelly and Heritage Christan.  Not huge numbers but quality student/athletes and Ozen's been losing the most...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124