Pasadena Dobie at Beaumont United Scrimmage/Post comments here

WOSgrad

I just got home from this scrimmage and I have some observations.

#1.  Dobie blitz every other down.  And I mean blitz like everything and the kitchen sink.  That neutralized  the Timerberwolf running game.

#2. Due to Dobie blitzing so much, screen passes and quick passes in the seams were wide open all day.  United went to this a few times for positive yards and IMHO, Could've did this all night.

#3 Dobie's weird misdirection offense was hard for the United D to catch on to but as the scrimmage went on, they were better equipped to slow it down. 

#4. United's Best Linemen didn't play.

#5.  Things were very vanilla on United's side while Obviously, Dobie was trying to win as they unveiled a reverse flea flicker type play.

I think United will be fine for kickoff next week and look forward to them cleaning some things up.

PS... Shout out to the Sophemore that made plays all night.  Good open field tackles and the 90 yard INT return for paydirt.

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

#1.  Dobie blitz every other down.  And I mean blitz like everything and the kitchen sink.  That neutralized  the Timerberwolf running game.

#2. Due to Dobie blitzing so much, screen passes and quick passes in the seams were wide open all day.  United went to this a few times for positive yards and IMHO, Could've did this all night.

#3 Dobie's weird misdirection offense was hard for the United D to catch on to but as the scrimmage went on, they were better equipped to slow it down. 

#5.  Things were very vanilla on United's side while Obviously, Dobie was trying to win as they unveiled a reverse flea flicker type play.

I think United will be fine for kickoff next week and look forward to them cleaning some things up.

PS... Shout out to the Sophemore that made plays all night.  Good open field tackles and the 90 yard INT return for paydirt.

Flea flicker in a scrimmage lol

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Trying to win what?? Their possession, as in score?? 

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's  my point..  there us no winning a scrimmage but they were trying to do something pretty close to being called a win...

I wish they would've trotted out the ole statue of liberty play and ran a bunch of end arounds. 

I saw United throwing vertical towards the end zone, I guess they were trying to "win" as well. Good grief.

I reckon their HC wanted to see if it would work in game conditions in a glorified practice.