coaching staff

Guest coachhooker

Guest coachhooker

who has the best coaching staff in setx, and who will have the best staff next year, 1-5a.  and yes please consider 1a

Guest Bulldog

u have to be kidden me BC has the worst coaching staff in the area not on of the best

I was kidding.....but there's some good guys in that staff.........

Lets look at this real close !!

I thought Griff and Co. did a good job this past season BUT !!!

I have to reconsider their status, they can't get past 2 rounds in the playoffs. I think Billy Bryant has them beat hands down. I know yall say he has been fortunate to have such a talented group of kids to work with. I think Griff has benefited more than anyone from just pure talented baseball kids and had one of the most talented teams ever in 2006, yet couldnt get to the show !! I mean come on if you have a kid like Elhert you get on his back and hang on !

I think Stone of PNG is the best coach if we go by record, he put it to Griff when he was wearing black and gold and kept on trucking when he went home to the purple and white...

Who was the assistant coach for LCM in 1996 the only year they went to Austin ?

i think HJ has a pretty good staff... (maybe not the best, but up there fairly high)... they went from being counted out all year to going 2 rounds into the playoffs... they went from not even considered a possible playoff team at the beginning of the year to making the playoffs as the third team in one of... if not the toughest district in the state in 3A....(the 2 teams over them BC - regional finalists and Jasper - state champs...)...

i'd say Jasper probably has the best, but i'd have to throw Kirkland and the HJ crew in there somewhere...

• 1 month later...

injun, cardinals for life and cardinal 8107 maybe yall should coach b.c next year if yall think yall could do better...but two state tournament appearances and a reginal final appearance in three years would be hard to beat....maybe between the three of you yall might could lead them to a seventh place finish in district.....

• 2 weeks later...

:(I’ll give him credit for taking them to the state tournament two years in a row and deep in the playoffs last year. As far as coaching I have to give him a “Dâ€-, for knowing the game he gets a “Bâ€+. I have followed Bridge city’s high school team for the last six years and I have not seen much coaching in the last three years. Before our coach became head coach I observed him showing a lack of interest in his assignment with the JV teams. I have observed numerous practices that couldn’t hold a candle to the type of practice he participated in during his high school years. One problem that I observed is his lack of communication skills he has with the players. I also noticed that most of the players on the team have no respect for his position as a coach and the reason for this is he demonstrates no respect to them. It doesn’t matter what line of work you are in you cannot demand respect you have to earn it. Until he learns this he may never win a state tournament.

I have been reading these comments, and notice that most of them require the best coaching staff to win district repeatedly and win state championships.  I know the bottom line for the coach to keep his job is to win.  However, I have seen coaches do great jobs with little or no talent.  I watched a coach one year work with a high school team that had little league skills, literally.  He did a super job developing those players.  They improved greatly from the beginning of the baseball season until the end.  This coach had to play all games at visiting fields because there was no playable field at his school.  So, many times coaches are at a big disadvantage with their programs.  In this instance, it was not just the lack of playing ability, but facilities also.  He worked long hours to improve the program, and he enjoyed his job.  Yes, there were frustrating moments, but he stayed hard at it.  Most coaches do a great job under the situations and circumstances in which they coach.  Many fine coaches go unnoticed because they don't "win the big one."  Just a thought.

Guest Orangeboy

I think babe ruth coaches and all star coaches are twice the coaches that high school coaches are.

Sounds like we have a Babe Ruth or All-Star coach making this statement.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83