H-D Football....JOE SLACK NEW HC/AD!!!!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yard Bird

The board appointed a selection committee.  Each candidate was interview by the selection committee.  Then the committee ranked each candidate and presented there recommendation to the superintendent.  The super in turn gave the committee's recommendation to board for approval.

Depending on how they interview and other factors they are then narrowed to top 5.  If a second round of interviews are need, then they will call each candidate back or forgo the second interview an then rank the candidates.

That is how it usually works.

Funny thing is the kids know that the whole interview committee was rigged against Huddleston.  No way that school board member should have been anywhere close to the interview much less vote.  A lot of the kids showed up to the meeting last night in support of Huddleston.  And it looks like most of the community supports him too.  I want to say good job to the community, kids, and half of the school board for seeing that nothing about this was right.  I do feel sorry for Slack and Huddleston because a board member is messing with the lives and families of two good men.  He could have hurt Slack more than anything.  I hope he has not resigned from Hardin yet.  I hope the board member now knows that cheating doesn't help.  Good luck Huddleston in the upcoming election and good luck to Slack in your coaching career also.  And as I have said before, it is never a good idea to go back home and coach or teach.   

HOW DOES A SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER CHEAT WHEN THE COMMI9TTY HAS THE SUPERINTENDENT AND ALL THREE PRINIPALS ON IT . AND I WAS THEIR AND I DID NOT KNOW THAT 2 KIDS WERE A LOT OF KIDS. HOW IS A SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER AFFECTING LIVES OF THESE 2 FINE MEN WHEN 2 HOUSE WIVES AND AN EXCOACH ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT GO AGAINST THE SUPERINTENDENT AND THE 3 PRINCAPALS RECOMENDATION. AND 2 OF THE 3 AGAINST SLACK ARE BROTHERINLAW AND SISTERINLAWNOW CLEAR YOUR HEAD AND LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME WHERE DOES IT LOOK LIKE THE WRONG DOING IS. HEY I AM NOT AGAINST HUDDLESTON I JUST WANT TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT. HUDD IS A GREAT DC ( AND WOULD BE GREAT HC ) MY SON AS AS SOPH WAS 1ST ALLDIST. AND 1ST ALL REGIONAL DEFFINSIVE BACK UNDER HIS COACHING SO I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST HIM I JUST WANT THINGS TO BE FAIR AND FOR THE BOARD TO LET THEM HANG AND HIRE SOMEONE OUR BOYS ARE THE ONLY ONES HURTING FROM THIS THAT REALLY MATTERS!!!!!!!!!! AND YES I HAVE TOLD COACH HUDD THE SAME THING THUR. AT 7 ON 7. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH! WE WOULD BE BETTER WITH BOTH OF THEM IN WHAT CAPACITY I DONT CARE JUST GET OUR BOYS A COACH!!!!!

Huddleston has earned his stripes, and he is ready to be a head coach.  Slack's credentials shouldn't even give him an interview.  But word is kinfolk on the board is better than experience.  Sounds like Bobcat@3D is also kin to Slack.  Worst thing Slack could do is move to his hometown.  He will not get any respect there at his age and level of experience.  The Coaching graveyard is full of hometown heroes that went back home to early.  And 3d think before you type, to actually say how many players his defense sent to college.  Uhh lets see in 1A not many make it and last year you had no one close to making it talent wise or size wise.  So maybe you should wait about two years and see.   The talent is supposed to be coming up.  And if you really want to look bad you might just ask Huddleston how many of his players have gone to college.  He will even answer you with a few pro players.    

SLACK DOES NOT HAVE KINFOLK ON SCHOOLBOARD IM NOT SURE WHERE YA GET INFO BUT YOU SHOULD ASK BEFORE YOU BAD MOUTH THE SCHOOL BOARD

Mr. Reality, you say just get the boys a coach but wouldn't you want the MOST qualified coach to coach your son.  And I never said anything bad about the school board, just do not agree with the actions of one.  And isn't Joe Allen kin to that board member by marriage? 

I AM KIN TO JOE SLACK BY MARRIGE, NOT MARVIN FREGIA. WELL UNLESS YOU CALL IT THAT. MARVIN FREGIA IS MY UNCLE AND JOE IS MY WIFES COUSIN. AND IF YOU GO TO THE MOST QUALIFIED WOULDN'T WE NEED TO SEE ALL THE APPLICANTS TO DETERMAIN THAT. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE WRONG DOINGS OF THAT SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER SO I COULD MAKE MY MIND UP HOW TO VOTE. PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT THAT ONE  BOARD MEMBER WHAT ABOUT THE 3 THAT THINK OUR SUPER AND 3 PRINCAPALS ARE NOT QIALIFIED

Most of the community here just thinks that that board member was not the right choice for the committee.  Whether it is him being too close to the family or just he has no clue as far as athletics go.  I could see Walker or Daigle being on the committee.  They would be the most qualified to choose.  You could even put one of the current coaches on the committee they are the ones that have to work with the guy.  I guess the rankings would need to be made public because apparently they got caught in a lie.  I talked to Huddleston and he said they told him he was number two, then three, now he is not in the top five.  Who knows if there was even a ranking.  It just seems fishy.  I agree with you though, the ship is sinking can they pick a candidate qualified enough to save it?   

Most of the community here just thinks that that board member was not the right choice for the committee.  Whether it is him being too close to the family or just he has no clue as far as athletics go.  I could see Walker or Daigle being on the committee.  They would be the most qualified to choose.  You could even put one of the current coaches on the committee they are the ones that have to work with the guy.   I guess the rankings would need to be made public because apparently they got caught in a lie.  I talked to Huddleston and he said they told him he was number two, then three, now he is not in the top five.  Who knows if there was even a ranking.  It just seems fishy.  I agree with you though, the ship is sinking can they pick a candidate qualified enough to save it?     

how is one member of a 6 member committy causing this? all board members voted on the committy! and if he doesnt know athletics surely the super and princapals are qualified. there is 4 of the six votes. are do you think the ex coach and house wives know better? give an unbias opinion!

My opinion is unbiased I gave you several candidates.  You are the one that seems to be biased towards one.  I am not going to argue here, just stating my opinion and answering your questions for the last couple of posts.  And yes I think an ex-coach and long time bobcat would be a great choice or a former teacher.  Any thing that deals with the kids at school should be handled by people that have been at the school as a teacher or coach.  So in my opinion, put the Superintendent, the three principals, a teacher or coach, and a member of the community preferably a retired teacher or coach.  Then submit to board for approval.  No sense in a board member presenting a person to himself.  I know you are upset about this, I saw that at the last board meeting.  You do not have to like my opinion but it is my opinion.  And this whole thing is out of our hands and we can do nothing about it.  Our opinions are just that, we just respect that and move on.  Bottom line is we both want what is best for the kids.  Hope you understand that I am not arguing with you!

YOU ARE RIGHT I AM BIAS BUT FOR A DIFFERENT REASON THAN PEOPLE THINK. THE RESON I AM AS BIAS AS I AM IS BECAUSE OF THE FAITH I HAVE IN SLACK. I FELL PEOPLE THINK HE WILL PLAY FAVORITES BUT I HONESTLY FELL HE WILL BE FAIR AND STRICT AS HELL ON EVERYONE. I FELL WITH A LITTLE MORE DISCAPLINE WE HAVE A GREAT TEAM. MY WIFE AND KIDS GET MAD WHEN I SAY LITTLE THINGS LEAD TO BIG THINGS BUT I FELL ITS TRUE. AND I DO RESPECT YOUR OPINION, MAY NOT AGREE BUT THATS WHATS GREAT ABOUT WHERE WE LIVE WE DONT HAVE TO. AND AS FOR AS THE COMMITTY ALL BOARD MEMBERS HAD A CHANCE TO BE ON IT BUT ONLY 1 WANTED THE JOB FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND. AND NOW I DONT THINK PEOPLE THINK HUDD IS ALL FOR THE KIDS LIKE THEY THOUGHT. THE ONE THING I SEE IS WE ARE BOTH PASSONATE ABOUT THE KIDS AND THATS WHAT MAKES GOOD PARENTS

The board is doing its job. They are as qualified as anyone to make this decision and they have the AUTHORITY to do so--all they need is the time and space to work through it as a board--and eventually they will do so. Then it will be up to you folks to rally behind the new AD. After all of this he will need your support.

Guest Baller

School boards have lost sight of their intended purpose to the school district.  The original purpose was to hire the educational leader, the superintendent and then set policy.  Becuase of personal agendas schools boards have become way to self servant instead of serving the masses of the district. 

What makes you say that i am not in this for the kids? 

i apolagize it come out wrong and was took out of content. i was saying it to one indavidual that was you were in it 100% for hd boys , even when i say it now it doesnt sound right. i am man enough to appoligize it dont sound the same as i meant, sorry, if you read i said plenty of good things about you, good luck to you and wh you have my nepew over there

HD's school board and superintendent have screwed this up from the beginning.  No way ever should a relative of an applicant (who is also on the school board) be on an interview committee.

What a way to start the football season! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83