**JASPER 2 BC 1 FINAL/GAME 3**

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we always try to put it on the coach? The coach didn't make the 4 errors that cost them 2 runs!!

I saw the game and that's the way I feel about that!!

Only the 1st run was unearned btw.

Hicks and Robertson have very bright futures and seem like great kids.  The freshman pitched an outstanding game.  Parson had a very gutsy performance.  Seemed like he was in trouble the whole evening.  I kept thinking that he would get pulled once the top of the order rolled around but Mixon stuck with him.  Mixon coached a heck of a game.  Those were two evenly matched teams, but to me the Jasper defense was the difference in this game.  There were several very good plays by them, and a few costly mistakes by the Cards.

Congrats on another great season for the Cards, and good luck at Round Rock to the Dogs.

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way but the third out should have been made at third on the bunt attempt that was caught and the first baseman hit the second baseman in the arm. Wouldn't that make that run unearned?

well, i guess we should try to get coach bryant fired for giving the series away!!!!!! OH WAIT, that's right they were only one game from going to the state tournament..... when people are looking for excuses they always blame the coach. by the way coach bryant doesn't get to hear the game, or see it in the stands.... it's a lot different when you are in the middle of it.

good job coach, you have done another great job with this team. good luck next year.

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way but the third out should have been made at third on the bunt attempt that was caught and the first baseman hit the second baseman in the arm. Wouldn't that make that run unearned?

You beat me to the punch on that one ..I agree..What was the 2nd baseman doing??

well, i guess we should try to get coach bryant fired for giving the series away!!!!!! OH WAIT, that's right they were only one game from going to the state tournament..... when people are looking for excuses they always blame the coach. by the way coach bryant doesn't get to hear the game, or see it in the stands.... it's a lot different when you are in the middle of it.

good job coach, you have done another great job with this team. good luck next year.

You are 100% correct He made no coaching mistakes and had no part in this loss...B### S##T

Guest Orangeboy

Best of Luck to Jasper in the tourney. You guys made the plays when you had to. How many seniors do yall have and who are they?

Guest Orangeboy

That just goes down as one of the breaks a good team gets. To make it that far you have to be good and lucky.

Bradley rbi single to cf

runners on corner

2-1 jasper

Stringer comes in

Hicks 5 hits in 6 2/3 as freshman in regional final game 3, impressive

I could be wrong,  but Hicks had Bradley's number. Hicks had him down  in the count and threw a pretty good pitch that he hit for the rbi.

I could be wrong,  but Hicks had Bradley's number. Hicks had him down  in the count and threw a pretty good pitch that he hit for the rbi.

You are right.  Not to make him look bad, but Bradley had stunk at the plate the previous at bats.  It was a clutch hit that surprised me.  I believe Bradley was also the kid who backed up Hart on the play that Hart dove on that lead to the final out.  Big kudos to him.

An attempt at a double play can't be scored an error unless someone advances a base..technically it wasn't an error, but you are right realistically it was very costly.

Bradley rbi single to cf

runners on corner

2-1 jasper

Stringer comes in

Hicks 5 hits in 6 2/3 as freshman in regional final game 3, impressive

You are right.  I shook that kid's hand after the game and told him what a great job he did.  I told J_dog before the game that if BC beats us with a freshman on the mound they deserve to go to RR.  It almost happened too.  Great game Hicks!

Best of Luck to Jasper in the tourney. You guys made the plays when you had to. How many seniors do yall have and who are they?

Not sure I am correct on all of these but here is what I think..

Jasper

CF Hart  Jr

DH Bronson  Jr  /3B Phillips  Fr

SS Reagan  Sr

P Parsons  Jr

1B Pryor    Sr ?

C Alexander  Sr

LF Bradley  Sr ?

2B Ellis        Sr

RF Shellhammer  Sr

Stephenson who came in to finish game 1 is also a Jr.

Here, I thought Mixon might have bunted Hart.

I thought about that too, but Hart is more likely to drive ball than Bronson (even though he had a big hit game 1).  I was thinking Hart could either move him over with a ground ball or get on with a fielder's choice and then steal a base..pop up was not in the plans.

Guest Bulldog

Just watched the last play on tape..Coach Bryant had the stop sign up.

for how long because at first he was waving him in......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder