54 members have voted

1. 1. Jasper Or Hudson?

• Jasper
    • Lufkin Hudson

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Hudson last night.  If they are "down" I am glad I did not see them last year.  They were flat hitting the cover off the ball.  I guess you heard, they scored 29 runs last week in just six innings.

Jasper is going to have their work cut out for them this time!  Maybe Hudson started out the season slowly, but they are on FIRE now.   :o

I watched Hudson last night.  If they are "down" I am glad I did not see them last year.  They were flat hitting to cover off the ball.  I guess you heard, they scored 29 runs last week in just six innings.

Jasper is going to have their work cut out for them this time!  Maybe Hudson started out the season slowly, but they are on FIRE now.  :o

Any team that loses *Brandon Belt is down the next year.  Not to mention the SS that went to San. Jac. also.

Guest Bulldog

Any team that loses Toby Belt is down the next year.  Not to mention the SS that went to San. Jac. also.

His name is Brandon Belt......and Hudsons always good and right now there playing very well......

Hudson takes wild 29-19 win to advance past Waco Robinson

By Gary Willmon

The Lufkin Daily News

Saturday, May 12, 2007

HUDSON — After playing more than six hours of baseball and watching 67 runs cross the plate, the Hudson Hornets survived to advance in the Class 3A baseball playoffs by beating the Robinson Rockets 29-19, capturing the area championship in a marathon Game 3 at Gipson Field Friday night.

By virtue of winning Friday's battle of attrition, the Hornets move on to this week's 3A regional quarterfinal round where they will face either Gatesville or Groesbeck. The playoff schedule has yet to be determined.

After beating Robinson 9-1 on Thursday, the Hornets dropped Friday's opener when the Rockets staged a seventh-inning rally for an 11-8 decision. Then Hudson fell behind 9-2 in Game 3 before storming back to take the wild and crazy 29-19 win.

Friday's playoff doubleheader took six hours and 17 minutes to complete. The final out was recorded at 12:27 a.m. Saturday.

Hunter Rowe, usually the Hornets' catcher, had to be called into service on the mound in Friday's finale, and he responded with 4 1/3 innings of adequate relief while his team charged back on offense to overtake the Rockets.

"There were so many ups and downs, I don't know what to think right now. Our kids showed a lot of character — having the game, then having it taken away from you, then getting it back again — it's really something special," said an exhausted Hudson Coach Glen Kimble after the marathon effort.

Aaron Jarvis ripped four singles in Game 3, driving in four runs. Rowe had a triple, a double and a single for Hudson while Jeremy Pounds had two doubles and a single, Jeremy Murphy had a double and two singles, and Daniel Musick chipped in with three singles. Nick Rhodes contributed with two singles, and Bobby Byrd, Wayne Ramsey and Jake Wood added a single apiece.

Robinson ripped Jarvis, Hudson's Game 3 starter, for nine runs in the first two innings, taking a 9-2 lead. But the Hornets refused to fold their tent, rallying for six runs to cut the lead to 9-8. After the Rockets upped the margin to 14-8, Hudson stormed back once again and eventually caught and passed Robinson, taking a 16-14 lead. From there, the Hornets stretched their lead out until finally winning by the 10-run rule in the sixth.

In Friday's first game, Hudson was two outs away from sweeping the series in two games, leading 8-7 in the top of the seventh. But Robinson pinch-hitter Taylor Groves belted a three-run homer to right-center, and the Rockets tacked on another run on an RBI-triple from Blake Vincent to pace the Waco-area team to an 11-8 triumph in the contest.

The lead changed hands five times as Hudson scored three in the first for a 3-0 lead before Robinson rallied with two runs apiece in the second and third frames for a 4-3 margin. Back came the Hornets with two runs in the bottom of the third for a 5-4 edge before Robinson pushed across three tallies in the fourth to grab a 7-5 lead. Hudson scrapped for three more runs in the bottom of the fifth, wrestling an 8-7 lead which stood going into the top of the seventh before Groves' blast turned the tables.

Groves' home run was one of four in the game as the Rockets and Hornets ripped two roundtrippers apiece.

Pounds had a mammoth two-run home run to right field in the game to go with a double and a single. Rhodes added a two-run homer to dead-center field to go with a single for the Hudson effort, Rowe had a ground-rule double and a single for the Hornets, Murphy had a double and Byrd added a single.

Aside from Groves, Robinson got a home run from Seth Mogavero, who also clouted a triple and a single in the game. Matt Walker and Boone Weiss each had a double and a single, Vincent tripled, and Taylor James and Rowdy Hurst each had a single. Vincent tried for an inside-the-park homer on his seventh-inning poke to the left field fence as Byrd fell down in trying to make the pickup of the baseball. But his throw to Rhodes at shortstop was relayed on a line to Rowe at the plate, and the peg was in time to nail Vincent for the third out in the inning.

Hudson used Musick, Murphy, Chris King and Jarvis on the mound in Friday's opener while Robinson pitched Walker for the first five innings and Weiss for the last two frames.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics