Whatever you think of Trump

stevenash

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Just tell us exactly what happened to make your business decline about 2 years ago .

This is the hidden content, please

I didn’t say anything about decline. I was talking profitability. Though I will say construction activity outside petrochemical has slowed considerably in our region.

UT alum- please enlighten me- I am repeating a question asked earlier ( to which you did not respond)

But you are STATING that your business does better under democratic administrations.  What characteristics of those administrations do you feel are responsible for that improved business performance.   I have a haunting hunch that this has more with what you "want it to be" as opposed to what it is.  And, by the way, removed many barriers erected against the business community.  That has MUCH to do with the ability of a business(s)  to flourish.    If I am understanding you correctly, your business was at the top of its game but has been in decline for the past two years, correct?

4 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I didn’t say anything about decline. I was talking profitability. Though I will say construction activity outside petrochemical has slowed considerably in our region.

I will VERY STRONGLY take issue with this in light of all of the rebuilding from Hurricane Harvey.  Please provide some stats to substantiate your "perception".

I am also surprised that you would say a business is not in decline if its profitability is.

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I will VERY STRONGLY take issue with this in light of all of the rebuilding from Hurricane Harvey.  Please provide some stats to substantiate your "perception".

I am also surprised that you would say a business is not in decline if its profitability is.

I have commercial construction customers telling me this. They are not seeing projects coming as in past. Harvey is an outlier. A lot of insurance and FEMA money poured in here to enable that burst.

46 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I have commercial construction customers telling me this. They are not seeing projects coming as in past. Harvey is an outlier. A lot of insurance and FEMA money poured in here to enable that burst.

So the "drop" of which you speak is only a drop from the Fema burst and not from the norm?

2 hours ago, UT alum said:
2 hours ago, stevenash said:

So the "drop" of which you speak is only a drop from the Fema burst and not from the norm?

Reuter’s just reported today’s market drop is a result of waning confidence fueled in part by a .6% drop in construction spending in December. Still strongly disagree?

10 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Why am I not surprised by that response. Just like Fearless Leader. If they don’t agree with you, get rid of them.

Wow, that is what you read, or misinterpreted. I'll let LumRaiderFan respond, but I must say, I'm pretty sure everyone else read the comment to mean "fire him" for incompetence, not because he disagrees with you. 

9 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Wow, that is what you read, or misinterpreted. I'll let LumRaiderFan respond, but I must say, I'm pretty sure everyone else read to comment to mean "fire him" for incompetence, not because he disagrees with you. 

Exactly right, thought it was pretty clear.

Notice that as well as being offended, he snuck in a Trump shot.

TDS

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Reuter’s just reported today’s market drop is a result of waning confidence fueled in part by a .6% drop in construction spending in December. Still strongly disagree?

Yes I do.   By the way, if you think Reuters has a magical wand not available to anyone else, go ahead and accept their word for it.  There are ZERO people on this earth who can singularly and accurately explain market gains or losses, go ahead.   I just listened to someone else  on CNBC business news state that it is attributable to lack of patience on the China trade deal and the strong dollar.  Market has gone straight up for 10 weeks and, as has ALWAYS been the case, it is in the process of correcting some excesses.  If your Reuters theory is correct, then let me suggest that the 30%+ gain in the market since Nov 8, 2016 is a pretty impressive accomplishment for the current administration, right?

And one more item:  On the one-year anniversary of Donald Trump’s win in the U.S. presidential race, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is showing its biggest post-Election Day gain in more than 70 years.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Wow, that is what you read, or misinterpreted. I'll let LumRaiderFan respond, but I must say, I'm pretty sure everyone else read the comment to mean "fire him" for incompetence, not because he disagrees with you. 

He has a very successful practice spanning 35+ years and says this tax law was about as hastily done as Obamacare was. Probably didn’t even read it. The 1040 is postcard sized as promised, but the schedules which have to be attached have multiplied almost exponentially. Their software company has yet to get it all encoded it’s so screwed up.

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Yes I do.   By the way, if you think Reuters has a magical wand not available to anyone else, go ahead and accept their word for it.  There are ZERO people on this earth who can singularly and accurately explain market gains or losses, go ahead.   I just listened to someone else  on CNBC business news state that it is attributable to lack of patience on the China trade deal and the strong dollar.  Market has gone straight up for 10 weeks and, as has ALWAYS been the case, it is in the process of correcting some excesses.  If your Reuters theory is correct, then let me suggest that the 30%+ gain in the market since Nov 8, 2016 is a pretty impressive accomplishment for the current administration, right?

And one more item:  On the one-year anniversary of Donald Trump’s win in the U.S. presidential race, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is showing its biggest post-Election Day gain in more than 70 years.

I cited the article mainly to demonstrate that construction spending is in fact dropping, related to an earlier post.

21 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I cited the article mainly to demonstrate that construction spending is in fact dropping, related to an earlier post.

Dropping as compared to last month, last year, 5 years ago?  total construction spending in the U.S was 1.57% higher in December of 2018 than it was in December of 2017.

36 minutes ago, UT alum said:

He has a very successful practice spanning 35+ years and says this tax law was about as hastily done as Obamacare was. Probably didn’t even read it. The 1040 is postcard sized as promised, but the schedules which have to be attached have multiplied almost exponentially. Their software company has yet to get it all encoded it’s so screwed up.

That doesn't bolster your argument one bit.

40 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Definitely fire him!

46 minutes ago, UT alum said:

You implied he was incompetent.

Again, your analytical skills are atrocious. I had to spoon feed you what LumRaiderFan implied...and what most, if not all, others on this board readily interpreted. You seem to be the only one that is lost, evidenced by your proclamation that Trump fires everyone that doesn't agree with him. Do you hear the laughter?