Sept. 28 Central*=LOSE

Oct. 5 @ Port Neches-Groves*=LOSE

Oct. 12 Ozen*????--WHAT THE HECK--WIN

Oct. 19 Dayton*=LOSE

Oct. 26 @ Nederland*=LOSE

Nov. 2 Lumberton*=WIN

Nov. 9 @ Vidor*=WIN

LC-M will go 5-5

I know they'll  probably make a run at it Coop, but ya gotta be careful this early. I remember some bad things that happened to some of those teams last year that were over confident on this board. Just keepin it real.

It seems that Year 3 of the Moody regime should procduce a district, if not state champion.  After all, he was 5-5 last year. He has a great program if left alone, he will definitely be there when the chips are down.  Coach Moody is the best thing to happen to LCM since David Williams went 36-11 in his first four years(32-8 in regular season).  I figure since DW couldn't even coach, this guy should be ready to win state!

i think the key for them to be in the thick of the playoff race is to beat either

pn-g or nederland.  if they can beat both of them they will probably get in.  it will be a tough task though, because both games are on the road at 2 of the toughest places to play in the district.  just an early prediction:

1. dayton

2. central

3. nederland/lc-m/pn-g

Totally agree...they will compete for a spot, but they have to beat PNG, Ned or both to get in. Ozen's year will make a big impact as well on how far they get. If Ozen isn't all the way back this year, they will at least be far enough along under Rison to play spoiler for a playoff contender.

i think the key for them to be in the thick of the playoff race is to beat either

pn-g or nederland.  if they can beat both of them they will probably get in.  it will be a tough task though, because both games are on the road at 2 of the toughest places to play in the district.  just an early prediction:

1. dayton

2. central

3. nederland/lc-m/pn-g

I completely agree with you... I think they will have to win both of these games to ensure a playoff spot... LC-M hasnt proven to me that they can win the big game... People always wonder why the Mid-County teams seem to always be in the playoffs... Its not cause we have extraordinary athletes by any means, we do have great coaches but so does LC-M... what it all boils down to is this: NED/PN-G finds a way to win... just ask LC-M... I thought Nederland's playoff streak was going to end when we were losing to LC-M late in the game, but they found a way to win late in the game, down two scores...  Until they can prove that ability.. im sticking to my guns... No Orange County in the playoffs this time...

1. Central

2. Dayton

3. Ned/PNG  (Winner of MCM gets third spot)

Guest 87CRU79

Like what was previously stated, LCM will have to beat at least both of the MC teams to get a chance to make a run. And by some off chance that they accomplish this feat, I do not see a state championship in their play-off future....stranger things have happened though.

We will take DW anyday of the week. He has helped out in Deweyville big time and all the young men RESPECT him very much. We really hope that he is asked to come back and help again this year. Come on sweat in the bucket get him back up here!!!!!  ;)

We will take DW anyday of the week. He has helped out in Deweyville big time and all the young men RESPECT him very much. We really hope that he is asked to come back and help again this year. Come on sweat in the bucket get him back up here!!!!!  ;)

I just ran into a friend of mine who has been working 3 jobs.. One fulltime day job and 2 partime night jobs. He applied for a new job that pays very well, and then called DW to see if he knew the guy. Coach Williams did not, but offered to give him a call anyway. After making several attempts to reach the man without success he drove down to the business to meet him and put in a good word for his former player.

I completely agree with you... I think they will have to win both of these games to ensure a playoff spot... LC-M hasnt proven to me that they can win the big game... People always wonder why the Mid-County teams seem to always be in the playoffs... Its not cause we have extraordinary athletes by any means, we do have great coaches but so does LC-M... what it all boils down to is this: NED/PN-G finds a way to win... just ask LC-M... I thought Nederland's playoff streak was going to end when we were losing to LC-M late in the game, but they found a way to win late in the game, down two scores...  Until they can prove that ability.. im sticking to my guns... No Orange County in the playoffs this time...

i agree, hopefully LC-M can win the big games and get into the playoffs, i think they gained a little respect last year, hopefully they can build on that, get into the playoffs, and maybe begin a tradition of excellance at LC-M

It seems that Year 3 of the Moody regime should procduce a district, if not state champion.  After all, he was 5-5 last year. He has a great program if left alone, he will definitely be there when the chips are down.  Coach Moody is the best thing to happen to LCM since David Williams went 36-11 in his first four years(32-8 in regular season).  I figure since DW couldn't even coach, this guy should be ready to win state!

Are you are a flipping idiot? DW is the only HC to EVER lead LC-M to the playoffs. He is a wonderful man, was a great coach and is very loyal to his players, his staff, his team and his community.

The man you state can't coach doesn't need the headache anymore of running a athletic program as he is very wise with his money and made some very good investments. The man has more money than you or I probably ever will.

Now back to the topic of LC-M making the playoffs. I think they are prime for a run at the district title and as a alum of the North Orange school district I'd be very proud of the Bears if they earned a playoff spot.

However a run at the State Championship may be premature.

It is a shame that adults do not understand sarcasm anymore!  I Am closer to DW than anyone on this board and I think he is one of the three greatest men I have ever met. He is also the best FB Coach I have ever seen, bar none.  Unfortunately, the community had a very short memory and the "he can't coach" came from them, not me.  DW gave LCM 33 years of faithful service and he did not even get a "thank you" when he left.  They should name the stadium after him!  Then this new coach comes in and wins 8 games in two years and they think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I was merely comparing the records of each man's first two years, 8-12 for the current coach, 20-3 for DW. You do the math!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder