**BH 11 Vidor 3 Final/Game 3..BH Advances**

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BH89-2, I might be mistaken, but in the Huffman -PNG game thread didn't you call the Vidor team losers? Vidor don't let some bitter people try to spoil your kids great year,enjoy it ya'll earned it!

thankyou coach..

I couldnt be more proud of the vidor team..I wont let some jealous person who barks like a dog,then calls himself a dog ruin anything.

the LCM and Bh game will be a good one. (if LCM can get past Lamar cons.)

tell me again what yalls record was in basketball??

I would be mad too big dog after all that barking at sandersons for the coin flip when we played yall.You won that  and that was about the only thing yall did that weekend.

yall made fools of of yourselves barking like mutts in a restaurant and then got spanked the next day!! So if thats why you are mad I am sorry.

You would think that Setx teams would get behind other setx teams who made it to the playoffs.I can't help it if Vidor beat yall in the 3 major sports this year..Oh i think yall might have won the debate competition!!! ;D

Hey pal, don't talk about anyone getting spanked after you lose 11-3. You have no right. You can't just be satisfied with your season run, you have to try and dish it out to the Dogs. Isn't it weird how success breeds contempt? I have read too many of your posts for you to have anything to say to anyone about class or anything else. Too bad Vidor has fans like you. I know lots of people from Vidor and none of them give me any crapola like you try to dish. I was actually pulling for our district teams to advance, but people like you make it very difficult. You attitude makes it kinda bitter-sweet.

About what I expected from you.  We'll see if this teams builds on what it did this year, or goes another 41 years till they get to the playoffs.  I doubt Kyle will be there very long, when something opens up at home he will be back.

Actually, I played for Coach Green and he specifically said that he doesn't like Nederland ISD. Not trying to start anything but if he leaves, it will not be to Nederland. He told me the reason but that is his business. But you never know with the coaching changes like they are.

you need to go back and read what your brother little dog wrote first before you get on here talking to me.

I dont care what you think about me..I was on here congratulating Bh on a good series of baseball.and that jealous punk got on here dogging vidor.go back to sandersons and practice yalls bark..because yalls bark is alot worse then the bite!!!

I hope you read all 1,000 of my posts.because about 900 of them are responses from ignorant people like you and "dog breath" over in Nederland.

Barking is what we do. If it bothers you, then it is working. Maybe you all could start saying "AARGH!!". Laugh if you will, but it just might work. Ignorant doesn't begin to describe me. People whose team got beat 10-0 and 11-3 within a week's time and talk about other teams getting spanked.....well where is the ignorance?

I addressed the situation without once calling you a name. I can now see what level I am dealing with here.

Barking is what we do. If it bothers you, then it is working. Maybe you all could start saying "AARGH!!". Laugh if you will, but it just might work. Ignorant doesn't begin to describe me. People whose team got beat 10-0 and 11-3 within a week's time and talk about other teams getting spanked.....well where is the ignorance?

I addressed the situation without once calling you a name. I can now see what level I am dealing with here.

this is a Vidor /BH thread about a playoff game.but people form Nederland who was sitting home all weekend with no playoff game to go to wants to hi jack it and turn it into something else.

is it that boring in   Nederland?

I am sure there is a bone or something yall can chew on to entertain yall..

I am gone I have other setx teams to root for..Congrats to Bh and congrats to the Pirates for a great season.Excellent job by the pirate coaching staff,and we will see yall next year.things can only get better in Vidor.New field,new attitude and new hitting facilities.I look forward to seeing yall next year.

and for "dog breath' and "weiner dog" go practice yalls bark because it didnt help yall in anything this year!! ;D

Send a boy to do a man's job. LOL!!! What will you be doing with your weekends now?

I hi-jacked nothing. I was responding to your statement of our getting spanked.

They will sit at home and still talk about winning in football for the first time in years.

That was thier superbowl.

Oh, actually they won one game and then sat at home.

tell me again what yalls record was in basketball??

I would be mad too big dog after all that barking at sandersons for the coin flip when we played yall.You won that  and that was about the only thing yall did that weekend.

yall made fools of of yourselves barking like mutts in a restaurant and then got spanked the next day!! So if thats why you are mad I am sorry.

You would think that Setx teams would get behind other setx teams who made it to the playoffs.I can't help it if Vidor beat yall in the 3 major sports this year..Oh i think yall might have won the debate competition!!! ;D

Hmmm, you were up by three games and fell apart and had to play a playoff game, Ned went 9-1 in the second half of the season to get to the playoff game.

Guest etbu

Great job Pirates on a great season this year. I saw game two and was impressed with your team and the pitcher you guys had throwing. You'all have alot to build on and good luck next year.  ;D

Great job Pirates on a great season this year. I saw game two and was impressed with your team and the pitcher you guys had throwing. You'all have alot to build on and good luck next year.  ;D

thankyou ETBU..

we are excited with all the kids coming back.we arent losing alot of people.

PirateFan.

Tell your baseballers they gave us all we could handle and all we wanted. Many comments were made in the stands from the BH side about how much class, heart, and sportsmanship ya'll played with. Vidor had a good season. Hope you guys build on it next year.

Good luck !

PirateFan.

Tell your baseballers they gave us all we could handle and all we wanted. Many comments were made in the stands from the BH side about how much class, heart, and sportsmanship ya'll played with. Vidor had a good season. Hope you guys build on it next year.

Good luck !

same here.Yall are a very well coached team with a load of talent.every time yall would put in a new pitcher I was like "dang how many kids do they have that can throw the ball?"

And the kid who hit all the homers. was killing us. We Appreciate the comments and good luck to yall,  we will be following how well you guys do!

PirateFan.

Good luck !

I personally heard those comments, and enjoyed the games.

same here.Yall are a very well coached team with a load of talent.every time yall would put in a new pitcher I was like "dang how many kids do they have that can throw the ball?"

And the kid who hit all the homers. was killing us. We Appreciate the comments and good luck to yall,  we will be following how well you guys do!

I agree, I was thinking, walk this guy!

Hmmm, you were up by three games and fell apart and had to play a playoff game, Ned went 9-1 in the second half of the season to get to the playoff game.

I love this... you forgot we beat you guys 9-0! Give me a break!

They will sit at home and still talk about winning in football for the first time in years.

That was thier superbowl.

Oh, actually they won one game and then sat at home.

Bring on the football trash talk! Remember last year right?

thankyou coach..

I couldnt be more proud of the vidor team..I wont let some jealous person who barks like a dog,then calls himself a dog ruin anything.

the LCM and Bh game will be a good one. (if LCM can get past Lamar cons.)

I agree the two homerun hitters going head to head will be cool!

BH handles Vidor in 3 games to advance

By Michael Pineda

Baytown Sun 

Published May 6, 2007

Barbers Hill slammed the door on a potential Vidor rally with six runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to win the decisive third game of their Class 4A bi-district series, 11-3. The Pirates trailed 5-0 going into the top of the sixth but closed the gap to 5-3, only to see the Eagles score six runs on only one hit as the Vidor defense collapsed.

Vidor had forced a third game by rallying from a 4-0 deficit to win 7-5 in the first contest of the day.

“I knew we were going to win it,†BH senior catcher Cameron Campbell said. “It didn’t matter if it took one game or two.â€

Campbell led a revitalized Barbers Hill offense that scored 16 runs on the day. The senior was 4-6 with three home runs and five RBI’s in the two games played.

“The bats came alive today and it was good to see,†BH head coach Gil Stalbaum said. “I king of expected it because traditionally we have hit well in the playoffs.â€

The difference in the third game was the pitching depth of the Eagles. In the final game Hunter Silva took the mound and went the distance, giving up three earned runs and eight hits while striking out five. Silva got torched for all three runs in the sixth inning on four hits but battled through it.

Vidor was forced to use three pitchers in the game and all had their struggles. The Pirate defense had been outstanding for most of the series, but committed three errors in the sixth inning as the game slipped away.

“This team has been a momentum team whether it be good or bad,†Vidor head coach Kyle Green said. “It’s been like a roller coaster, we go up and down, but that’s baseball.â€

The first game of the day was a roller coaster for the Pirates as Barbers Hill jumped out to a quick 4-0 lead. Tony Carmona led off with a walk and scored when Derek Hulsey unloaded a shot over the left field wall. With one out in the inning Campbell hit his first home run of the day to make the score 3-0, and a heads-up running play by courtesy runner Jay Burditt on an error made the score 4-0.

The Pirates answered with a run in the top of the second off of Barbers Hill starter Kendall Thamm. Thamm had his struggles on the day and they began to show when Taylor Rochibau drew a walk and advanced to second on a single by Brad Croat. A wild pitch moved the runners up a base and a groundout by Jake Guidry scored a run.

Thamm’s day came to an end in the fourth inning as the Vidor offense scored six runs. Thamm gave up a single and a double to start the inning. The double by Croat scored Rochibau. With no outs Thamm struck out Guidry on a ball that hit the ground. Rather than go to first with the ball, Campbell tried to pick off Croat who broke for third. Croat reached safely to give Vidor runners on first and second with no outs.

“It was the wrong thing to do,†Campbell said. “I saw him going for third and I just thought that I had a chance to get him.â€

With one out Thamm walked Derik Kilmer in the nine hole, which resulted in Stalbaum bringing in reliever Johnathan Kelley. Kelley logged a strikeout but then allowed three runs on a single, wild pitch and a walk to give Vidor a 5-4 lead. A two –run single by Jay Nixon made the score 7-4.

Vidor starter Rochibau settled down after the early Barbers Hill eruption and kept Vidor in the game. The only other blemish on his outing was a solo home run by Campbell in the bottom of the fifth to make the score 7-5. Rochibau went 6 1/3 innings before giving way to Nixon who logged two outs for the save. On the day Rochibau gave up five runs, four of which were earned. The junior gave up five hits and struck out six while walking three.

“This team has showed a lot of character and a lot of heart this year,†Green said. “We haven’t lost a day game all year long and we did not lose two in a row.â€

With the season on the line, Stalbaum turned to Silva. Silva did not have a regular spot in the rotation once district play started but showed little rust. VJ Bunner led off with a single but was doubled up on a line drive by Robichau. Will Fontnow singled and Nixon reached on an error but Silva put the rally to rest with a strikeout. Over the course of the first five innings Silva would only give up one hit.

“I was ready to pitch,†Silva said. “I just kept going. I had a defense that would back me up and I knew that.â€

The offense spotted with Silva with a lead in the bottom half of the inning when Campbell hit his third home run of the day, a two run shot off of Vidor starter Nixon.

“After the second or third home run I knew it was going to be a good day,†Campbell said.

Nixon would last until the third inning when the Eagles tightened the screws with their hitting. Hulsey and Colby Townley led the inning off with singles. With runners on first and third, Campbell hit a grounder through the gap for a 3-0 lead. A walk given up to Ross Hales ended the day for Nixon as Trae Hester came on in relief. Hester was unable to hold the Eagles off as two more runs scored on wild pitches.

With the season on the line Vidor pulled it together and rallied for three runs in the sixth. Croat led off with a double to the gap. With one out in the inning Rochibau doubled Croat in and then came home moments later on a single by Fontnow. A single by Nixon advanced Fontnow to third from where he scored on a fielder’s choice. Silva struck out Hester to end the inning.

“Hunter threw extremely well,†Stalbaum said. “He threw a lot of strikes and kept challenging them even when they had their big inning. They are everything we thought they were.â€

The sixth inning proved to be the high point and the low point of the game for Vidor as the defense and pitching fell apart. Carmona reached on a walk and advanced when Hester threw a Hulsey grounder into left field attempting to make a play on Carmona at second. Townley sacrificed Hulsey to second but an error on the play allowed Carmona to score.

Vidor went to the bullpen and brought out Justin Rhodes who walked Campbell and then gave up an RBI double to Hales.

Barbers Hill would go on to score three more runs without a hit thanks to two more errors and a walk. With the score 11-3, Silva closed the game out in the seventh by giving up a hit to Chad Kennon, who was stranded at second.

“They (Barbers Hill) swing the bats real well, they’re a great team,†Green said. “You have to tip your hat to them. With the pitching they have, they will go far.â€

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder