Saints @ Dallas/ DALLAS WINS!

cowboys week 13  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• New Orleans Saints
    • Dallas Cowboys

14 minutes ago, EdgeofGlory69 said:

Saints aren't even my team but I am just stating facts. Dak, a system qb will never win a super bowl, as well as everyone else on the cowboys under their ownership. HC needs to go, not enough offensive firepower to compete with saints/rams. Chiefs winning the big one 

Dak never winning a SB is an opinion, to which everyone is entitled. It is not a fact until he retires.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

That is great. Keep a nickname that the current players were infants when they received. You can call them God's Army, doesn't change anything. Dallas Cowboy Football has been irrelevant for decades and Jerrah's pocketbook getting bigger doesn't do anything for the fans. You guys are worse than democrats. Blindly follow. 

Enjoy the game tonight.

That's my point.  The America's Team nickname has been with the COWBOYS since these players were infants.  It won't change.  If DALLAS COWBOYS football is so irrelevant why are the games that they play sold out?  Why do ticket prices for out of town games triple when the COWBOYS come to town?  Why do the top TV ratings always involve a COWBOYS game?  

Oh by the way, I love the new avatar!!!

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

There are plenty of very similar articles all with the same point. I don't hate Dallas. I can't stand 85% of it's fan base. 

I would bet the farm you are an "older gentleman" who grew with Dallas teams that were actually decent, including the title years. Who was the team that was awful or mediocre at best? Who was the team that rarely made the playoffs and when they did, nobody expected to win the first round? Who was that irrelevant team in the years you were growing up ? Because that team from your generation, is the Cowboys of this generation. 

I have a son that is probably your age, according to your account name, ("Tigers2010" grad). And he's a Cowboy fan, more then likely because he grew up hearing and watching the Cowboys. But he's never truly got to experience watching a "Great" Dallas Cowboy team as did of those of my generation during the Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, and the Doomsday Defense, days, since he knew how to spell football, as you said. So I get what you're saying in some of your post. Just try to respectfully understand us die hard Cowboy fans side of it. But with that said, I have a question for for all us "die hard Cowboy fans". How many of you would say if you were to go to Vegas, would have enough faith in this seasons Cowboy team, "to bet the farm" that the Cowboys would beat the Saints tonight? I'm not talking about $20, $100, or even $1000. I'm talking about the "farm", big money? I think that's part of the point of what Tiger2010 is saying. 

1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

That's my point.  The America's Team nickname has been with the COWBOYS since these players were infants.  It won't change.  If DALLAS COWBOYS football is so irrelevant why are the games that they play sold out?  Why do ticket prices for out of town games triple when the COWBOYS come to town?  Why do the top TV ratings always involve a COWBOYS game?  

Oh by the way, I love the new avatar!!!

I think if Dallas goes another 22 years without becoming serious contenders on a regular basis this will change. The majority of people that make up the fan pool are what 25-50. Many of those were alive to see Dallas at their peak. another 20 years would mean nobody in that range was around when Dallas was good. The numbers are already proving that. younger fans 15-30 have no interest in Dallas. The older they get, the less of "America's Team" Dallas will be. Point being, they better start winning soon.

58 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I have a son that is probably your age, according to your account name, ("Tigers2010" grad). And he's a Cowboy fan, more then likely because he grew up hearing and watching the Cowboys. But he's never truly got to experience watching a "Great" Dallas Cowboy team as did of those of my generation during the Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, and the Doomsday Defense, days, since he knew how to spell football, as you said. So I get what you're saying in some of your post. Just try to respectfully understand us die hard Cowboy fans side of it. But with that said, I have a question for for all us "die hard Cowboy fans". How many of you would say if you were to go to Vegas, would have enough faith in this seasons Cowboy team, "to bet the farm" that the Cowboys would beat the Saints tonight? I'm not talking about $20, $100, or even $1000. I'm talking about the "farm", big money? I think that's part of the point of what Tiger2010 is saying. 

I really am not trying to be a jerk to you die hard guys. I get it. You guys lived through some great Dallas teams and I get it. My point is that young people are only Dallas fans if they inherited it from parents, and many of us have parents like ya'll but still decided, nah Dallas doesn't do it for me.

That is essentially what I am getting at. 

Here is where I will leave it. If both teams play their absolute best football tonight, New Orleans would win. I won't debate margin of victory in that scenario,but if both played their best game, Saints win running away. But, anything can happen. Dallas can play great and Saints play off and the ball bounces Cowboy's way and they win. 

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Here is where I will leave it. If both teams play their absolute best football tonight, New Orleans would win. I won't debate margin of victory in that scenario,but if both played their best game, Saints win running away. But, anything can happen. Dallas can play great and Saints play off and the ball bounces Cowboy's way and they win. 

16 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

With this scenario, the games would never be played. Just feed info into a computer.