Nederland 21 Santa Fe 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

Sante Fe passing stats-26-38. 230 yds,1 int  8.8 yds avg. completion. 1 completion of 30 yds, the rest we’re short quick routes under 10 yards. Qb was solid in the short passing game , just not much open in the deep routes all nite. Sante Fe defense was solid, looked like Nederland O-line wore them down in 4th.  

Gotta give props to the Indians never gave up after playing in the dirt pit .our guys new name is the dirty dogs now. I love grassfields for sure over turf any day. The new jerseys was a fresh change and looked sharper before they were dirty lol! Good luck to both teams the rest of the way good game guys.

3 hours ago, KF89 said:

Sante Fe passing stats-26-38. 230 yds,1 int  8.8 yds avg. completion. 1 completion of 30 yds, the rest we’re short quick routes under 10 yards. Qb was solid in the short passing game , just not much open in the deep routes all nite. Sante Fe defense was solid, looked like Nederland O-line wore them down in 4th.  

That’s the way I saw it  

Short and quick would be an understatement. It seemed like more than half of his passes were to the wideout either standing on the line or taking one or two steps. Maybe that was what was available or maybe they were trying to get the corners to come in a bit so they could throw deeper or some other strategy. Whatever the purpose, they didn’t have much downfield. 

Santa Fe didn’t have much of a run game so maybe their coach is using what they have. At least in this game, the passing was their run game. Instead of handing off to a running back at the line for a few yards (which they weren’t getting), they would toss it to the wide receiver at the line for a few yards.  In effect a long handoff. 

Not the best looking in my opinion neither,I think gold on gold will be better but that isn’t our decision nor who really cares what you or I think,it’s about the kids and getting those new gold jerseys fired them up.they talked about it since last year and were super surprised and excited when they went in to locker room last night after warming up and they were all laid out,whatever motivates the kids is fine with me..Coaches just giving the kids an option and combination each week like other local kids get,plus this is montes show now so he needs to change up somethings maybe even if it is a tradition!!!Who cares what you wear dogs just keep fighting!!!!Good Luck Boys!!!!

2 hours ago, chorizo said:

Not the best looking in my opinion neither,I think gold on gold will be better but that isn’t our decision nor who really cares what you or I think,it’s about the kids and getting those new gold jerseys fired them up.they talked about it since last year and were super surprised and excited when they went in to locker room last night after warming up and they were all laid out,whatever motivates the kids is fine with me..Coaches just giving the kids an option and combination each week like other local kids get,plus this is montes show now so he needs to change up somethings maybe even if it is a tradition!!!Who cares what you wear dogs just keep fighting!!!!Good Luck Boys!!!!

Actually I’m a fan of the new uniforms they remind me of the Nederland uniforms back in the 1950s Gold shirts and black pants