Licenses- Hunters Ed. on License Question Answered

TPWD requires that everyone born after a certain date must take a Hunters Safety course (which I completely agree with) and keep this permit with them along with their current hunting license while hunting.  You can buy the hunting license without showing proof of the permit - but you must have the permit while hunting.  Wouldn't it be much easier to just show the permit one time while buying the license - then put it away in a safe place until the next year.  My son has lost one in the three years (which TPWD replaced).  Bronco and TVC - whadaya think?

I have asked that question before. Currently that information is kept in 2 separate data bases. I believe they are working on that and at some point it will be merged.

Not sure when but, that would be helpful.

Currently when a Game Warden checks to see if someone does have their license it doesn't show wether or not they have had the course. Also, your Hunter Education certification is good nation wide and all others states HE card is accepted here. Hopefully some of this was usefull info.. :)

It is stupid not to have it printed on the license and too easy to do. You could even program it to print on every license. It could say "NOT REQUIRED" for us old codgers and say something like "HUNTER EDUCATION MET" for those born after the required date. That way all licenses would readily state if you are legal or not. It sure doesn't seem to be a problem putting that information on driver's licenses when a person is under 21.

Well maybe they will get it worked out - it's just a pain keepin up with it.  I took the class along with my son a few years ago (even though I'm an old codger too) and really enjoyed it.  The guy did a nice job keeping everyones attention.

Well maybe they will get it worked out - it's just a pain keepin up with it.  I took the class along with my son a few years ago (even though I'm an old codger too) and really enjoyed it.  The guy did a nice job keeping everyones attention.

It does seem like it should be pretty easy. They ask the HIP certification questions when you buy your license why can't they just verify Hunter Ed. certification. ???

Gringo - where did you take the class at?

I took it over in Porter a few years ago so that I could hunt out of state - I cant remember the guys name - but he put on a good show.  I had kinda been dreading it because it is a long two day program - but he held the class outside and made it very interesting - it was a very broad program that covered everything from safety to ethics - gators to high fences - and I got to do it with my son.

I took it over in Porter a few years ago so that I could hunt out of state - I cant remember the guys name - but he put on a good show.  I had kinda been dreading it because it is a long two day program - but he held the class outside and made it very interesting - it was a very broad program that covered everything from safety to ethics - gators to high fences - and I got to do it with my son.

I believe that would be a feller named Duke Walton, maybe.

My license shows my hunter education on it. I was told by a game warden I did not need to carry it with me.

My brother's does not show his. It must depend on where you buy your license and whether the person working the computer knows what they are doing.

My license says Hunter Ed Req. right under my address.

What, specifically does it say on yours and where?

Like this:

Licenseexample.jpg

Gram ma ma may be right.

OK, now this is strange -

I took the class with my son and bought both licenses at the same time and place, but -

mine says :

HE#791855

HIP Certified

my son's says:

Hunter Ed req

HIP Certified

I checked last years tags and they were the same as this year.  Thats crazy - the system is already in place if they have put my HE# on the tags for the last two years.  I'm not even required (by age) to have it and I do have it - he is required (by age) and does not have it on his tags

Gram ma ma may be right.

OK, now this is strange -

I took the class with my son and bought both licenses at the same time and place, but -

mine says :

HE#791855

HIP Certified

my son's says:

Hunter Ed req

HIP Certified

I checked last years tags and they were the same as this year.  Thats crazy - the system is already in place if they have put my HE# on the tags for the last two years.  I'm not even required (by age) to have it and I do have it - he is required (by age) and does not have it on his tags

Thats crazy.... My 16 yr old son has

Hunter Ed req

HIP Certified

I will try to find out some real info on this. I called a local wardens office the other day before I posted the info about the data bases. I will call THe hunters Ed folks in Austin tomorrow. It could be clerk or issuee error that the number doesn't show up.

I actually got a warning from the Game Wardin the last split of dove season.I had no idea that you had to have the hunters ed lic. if you were on private land.O well he would have given me a ticket if he didnt know I was a senior.As He handed me the warning he said "Here is your graduation present." gave me a little chuckle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thats crazy.... My 16 yr old son has

Hunter Ed req

HIP Certified

I will try to find out some real info on this. I called a local wardens office the other day before I posted the info about the data bases. I will call THe hunters Ed folks in Austin tomorrow. It could be clerk or issuee error that the number doesn't show up.

TPWD explanation:

I spoke to the license sales in Austin about the Hunter Ed being on some hunting licenses and not others.  They told me the reason for that is because the address on their Hunters Ed does not match the address on their hunting license but you can contact Austin to have that changed so it will appear on the hunting license.  That number is 512-389-4820 or you can call the 1800-792-1112 and have them transfer you to the license sales.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami