2008 realignment

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in another thread a while back........

The uil is a strange creature. Seems like nothing they do makes any sense, especially when it comes to realignment. But nobody can argue that that first year right after realignment is the most exciting because of all the new matchups and new rivalries that are born. With that being said, the most sense to me would be something like this.....

22-4A

Ozen

PNG

Nederland

Vidor

Lumberton

LCM

Central

Barbers Hill

22-3A

Hamshire-Fannett

Hardin-Jefferson

Liberty

Cleveland

Tarkington

Splendora

Shepherd

Coldspring

21-3A

Bridge City

Orangefield

WO-S

Jasper

Silsbee

Kirbyville

2A and 1A would pretty much stay the same unless like mentioned before Kountze and Buna may move up. Then add them to 21-3A. Then 2A may be...

24-2A

Anahuac

East Chambers

Deweyville

Hardin

Warren

Newton

Woodville (may stay in the northern 2A district)

Nobody knows what will happen, the only thing we can be sure of is that it will very interesting!!! Can you imagine if Kirbyville moved to 2A.  :o

If #1 moves up a division and #3 moves down, that will be counterset by #4 and #5 staying in the same district unless they increase or decrease the size of the district.  ;D

To sum up the above post by bobcatfan4life, no one has a clue at this point and the UIL is always good for a surprise or two.

Looking at Bobcat's list.....has there ever been a time when the northern schools (Jasper, Silsbee)have not been aligned with the western schools?  I remember about 10 years ago the UIL placed Jasper and Silsbee with New Caney.  That was crazy to expect Jasper to have that far of a drive.  Three hours each way on a school night is excessive.

I would also think they would keep the district even in terms of members.

..................I remember about 10 years ago the UIL placed Jasper and Silsbee with New Caney.  That was crazy to expect Jasper to have that far of a drive.  Three hours each way on a school night is excessive.

Therein lies the point. No one has a clue what the UIL will do and they almost always leave people scratching their head trying to figure out how they came up with the alignments.

;D Huffman is still growing right?

In the lower grades but we are graduating something like 265 or 270 and bringing in a much smaller class. Right now next year we should be around 945 to 950 so will be close.

Plus we are voting on a twelve million dollar stadium on May 12 which will include new turf and a eight lane track WITH A  HUGE NEW WEIGHT ROOM.  8)

Yea they think over here we go down but I don't know about that. I would actually rather stay up bc of the close drives that we now have. Never a dull moment with the UIL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086