best centerfielders in setx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a Jr check Roebuck for HJ out, his hitting has been off somewhat but coming around. He has had 2 runners thrown out at the plate but BOTH were cut (???) a few feet in front of the plate and would have been a strike and no dought would have both been OUT. In both occassions the cut-off man was OUT of position. Watch for him next yr to excell in the OF.

Calhoun Silsbee Gets my vote!

To say Calhoun is an understatement.  Is there another centerfielder who has started all 4 years in the pie and does not have one error? 

If there is I haven't heard about them.

No errors in 4 years.  Incredible doesn't begin to describe the discipline it takes to make the right decisions that avoid fielding and throwing errors.

Calhoun hands down.

I really dont want to make any body upset . But if ranks mean how good you are. Does the ranks showing that silsbee is better than BC.  Do you take that serious. Or do you think its just a poll. Think about it.

College, National Ranks,Coaches ranks. I think they are just polls. But here in SETX. Calhoun is the best centerfielder...

That's weird, if calhoun is such a better outfielder than Dishon, then why hasn't any other college recruited him? Not saying Calhoun isn't good, I'm just saying that he will never be the centerfielder that Dishon is, and for that matter, I don't think that he is as good as Armstrong of West Brook either.Oh, and by the way, college is not a poll, it is the next step of baseball cats80. Think before you speak or don't speak at all.

I say if Calhoun has started all 4 years and no errors, GET OFF HIS BACK!!! Go try it!  I gotta say Calhoun is hands down the best! Ya'll people from BC are just ticked off because there's someonebetter than Dishon.

I am not from BC and have seen both of these young men play many times. In my opinion, and also in LSU's opinion, Dishon is the better centerfielder. If Calhoun is soooooo great, then why hasn't he signed anywhere yet. I'm sorry, but if you are the best centerfielder in all of SETX, then you would have signed to a college by now. He is obviously not as good as Dishon, or Armstrong.

It seems that the Calhoun, Dishon debate arises every year about this time. The reality of this is that both of these young men are very talented athletes in their own rights. Both bring everything they have, 100% of the time to every game they play, and are both leaders on and off the field. Sometimes being in the right place at the right time means everything. Johnny was given the opportunity to be in these places and took full advantage of it. He is a great ballplayer, and well deserving of his accomplishments. Rocky has quietly and flawlessly done his thing, year in and year out, right here on our southeast Texas ball fields, and loves every minute of it. I am Rockys father, and I am very proud of him. Rocky and Johnny are friends, and I know they have alot of respect for each other.

I'm glad to see that Bobby Armstrong has a dog in this hunt. I haven't had the opportunity to see Bobby play in a few years , but it sounds like he's doing Great. Way to go Bobby!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder