*Silsbee Ends BC's District Win streak*

Silsbee12........before you go and declare  the district champs........you might want to wait until the season is played out.  Silsbee played a good game.........got some good hits.  But so did BC.  The biggest difference is BC did not start thier ace pitcher and Silsbee did.  Remember the first game with both aces starting in your backyard did not come out your way.  I think Schooling pitched against Jasper in the first game, will he be on the mound in the second game and if so will Jasper batters be more successful?

All of the teams in this district has some players with great skills.  The teams that perform best AS a team usually wins the ballgame.

Red1, who said anything about District champs......I'm refering to BC saying we should be nice to other teams......my poiint was to bring out things that BC fans were saying before the game.......but now that they've lost......they don't want anyone talking smack to them......so my point is LEAD BY EXAMPLE, don't talk it before the game and you won't have to hear it after, if it doesn't work out the way you want it to!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big 7th inning for the Tigers, who cares what the pitchers name was!!!

Hargrave singled,Derosette came in to run for him and Kelly reached base!!

Now Silsbee had runners on second and third with Moss up to bat!! 

Coach called a squeeze play but BC's Moore had called it for them and a pitch-out was called, runner got caught!!

Kelly was on second when Moss took a 0-2 pitch to right center field for a double that scored Kelly from second that tied the game 7-7!!

Moss on second when Calhoun hit a single between 3rd and ss that scored Moss from second to make the score 8-7 Silsbee!!

Bc walked another run in with the bases loaded, 9-7 Silsbee!!

One out, bases loaded and Stout bunts into a double play that ends the top of the 7th for Silsbee!!

BC goes down 1,2,3 and thats how the game ended!!

Great game by both teams and thats how it should be remembered!!

Red1, who said anything about District champs......I'm refering to BC saying we should be nice to other teams......my poiint was to bring out things that BC fans were saying before the game.......but now that they've lost......they don't want anyone talking smack to them......so my point is LEAD BY EXAMPLE, don't talk it before the game and you won't have to hear it after, if it doesn't work out the way you want it to!

Silsbee12.......okay I see where I took some of your post out of context...I plead temporary insanity due to lack of sleep. LOL.  Everyone talks smack......even your fans...some is done with class.......some without.

Meeks was striking out 1-2 players per inning. As soon as he began to get in a little trouble he was pulled. I think the coach should have had a little more faith in Meeks and left him in. It was the 6th inning and BC was still up by 2 when Meeks was pulled. Silsbee scored 5 runs on the other 3 pitchers in only 1 2/3 innings. I find it interesting that Silsbee's ace was behind by 4 runs and their coach left him in, showing confidence in him, and it paid off. Schooling and company never quit and played a great game but I think Meeks could have delivered a win for BC. I'm not taking anything away from Silsbee, they are very talented, but BC had them in the ropes and should have won. Could haves and should haves don't matter though. Silsbee played better than BC and they won. They showed a lot of composure and kept it together and that will serve them well in the playoffs.

As soon as Meeks was pulled, most in the stands were voicing their opinion that it was a mistake. Yeah, we are not the coach, but the only other loss BC had was against Sulphur. That was another game of musical pitchers. It was kinda, "Been there, done that, won't work". And it didn't. HFaninthestands, you weren't there for either of BC's losses. I was, and my opinion is that Meeks had proven he could pitch against Silsbee in the first 5 innings and was more than capable of delivering the game. BC was still up by 2, Meeks was still pitching well, and sometimes you have to have a little faith. Silsbee's coach did and look who won.

I think Bridge City could have had a better chance if they would have left Philip Meeks in to finish it out.

Meeks was striking out 1-2 players per inning. As soon as he began to get in a little trouble he was pulled. I think the coach should have had a little more faith in Meeks and left him in. It was the 6th inning and BC was still up by 2 when Meeks was pulled....

There was no second guessing on my part. As soon as Meeks was pulled, most in the stands were voicing their opinion that it was a mistake.....BC was still up by 2, Meeks was still pitching well, and sometimes you have to have a little faith. Silsbee's coach did and look who won.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I was a spectator at the game Friday. What else is there to do for entertainment in BC?  Looked apparent that Silsbee came to play with fire in their eyes. 

ERRORS ... thats what cost BC the game.  When a game is close or tied, throwing the ball from third over the first baseman's head is not going to help ANY pitcher on the mound.  That should be routine, guys.  Fielding the ball cleanly and making the play is something BC needs to work on.  And bunts ... what happened to small ball, moving the baserunner around? Homeruns are not the only way to score runs. 

What really incited me to respond on this thread, was all this Little League second guessing.  A few of you continue to question the coach about pulling the starting pitcher in the 6th inning.  Sounds just like the old "well if the coach would have pitched MY son, we would have won," song and dance.  Come on parents... realize that it about the team, not just one single kid.

It is unfair to say most of the stands were voicing their opinion when Meeks was pulled. That is simply not true.  Yes, he had done a nice job for 5 innings, but am I the only one who remember him HITTING the first two batters in the 6th?  Plunking two in a row with no outs is probably what made the Coach B. decide to switch to a different pitcher.  The coach may have felt the pitcher was tiring and losing momentum.  Errors, walking batters, lack of timely hitting against a great opposing pitcher... all reasons why BC lost the game, not because Meeks (or any other pitcher) was pulled. Silsbee played more aggressively and won as a team. 

If BC would have won, no one would be second guessing the coach. Finger pointing and blaming others should be left down at the Little League park. 

people with 1 post don't know how to quote three seperate posts... ::)

Why would you assume because someone does not habitually post on "this" particular forum that they are computer illiterate?  Cut, paste, html is not that difficult to master, especially if you have been in the computer business for 25 years, Son.   ;)

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I was a spectator at the game Friday. What else is there to do for entertainment in BC?  Looked apparent that Silsbee came to play with fire in their eyes. 

ERRORS ... thats what cost BC the game.  When a game is close or tied, throwing the ball from third over the first baseman's head is not going to help ANY pitcher on the mound.  That should be routine, guys.  Fielding the ball cleanly and making the play is something BC needs to work on.  And bunts ... what happened to small ball, moving the baserunner around? Homeruns are not the only way to score runs. 

What really incited me to respond on this thread, was all this Little League second guessing.  A few of you continue to question the coach about pulling the starting pitcher in the 6th inning.  Sounds just like the old "well if the coach would have pitched MY son, we would have won," song and dance.  Come on parents... realize that it about the team, not just one single kid.

It is unfair to say most of the stands were voicing their opinion when Meeks was pulled. That is simply not true.  Yes, he had done a nice job for 5 innings, but am I the only one who remember him HITTING the first two batters in the 6th?  Plunking two in a row with no outs is probably what made the Coach B. decide to switch to a different pitcher.  The coach may have felt the pitcher was tiring and losing momentum.  Errors, walking batters, lack of timely hitting against a great opposing pitcher... all reasons why BC lost the game, not because Meeks (or any other pitcher) was pulled. Silsbee played more aggressively and won as a team. 

If BC would have won, no one would be second guessing the coach. Finger pointing and blaming others should be left down at the Little League park. 

1.  I agree, small ball should be played more often. That is something Bridge City NEVER does and that falls squarely on the coach. They tried it once Tuesday and need to do it more often in order to get better at it.

2.  I am not a parent of a player, not related to a player, and am not even very close friends with a player's parents, although I do know most of them.

3. BC has pulled out some squeakers, with lots of opinions about why they ALMOST lost.

4. Meeks may have walked 2 batters in a row, but that can happen to a good pitcher. He had 10 strikeouts when he was pulled and only 3 walks (that includes the two he hit in the 5th). He should have been given the chance to pitch out of that situation.

No one is crying and saying Silsbee didn't win fair and square. This is a forum for expressing opinions. You have all expressed yours and now I have expressed mine. Everyone's opinion is valid, whether or not they agree.

I posted this question on another thread........still no answer!

What happens if BC and Jasper split, then Jasper beats Silsbee, all three have split, giving each of the top teams 2 losses........how will that be settled?

If only two have same records with a split, they have a one game playoff!

For all the people that say "the coach should have done this or shouldn't have done that" go back to school and become a coach and then you can make any decision you want...both of the coaches from these two teams have very good records so I believe whatever they say is the correct decision...no matter if it works or not.

What was the pitch count??  How did the kid react when he was asked "How do you feel".......none of this has been talked about.....We shouldn't assume a coach just say's your done cause i say so and that's final.........One coach makes a change and the other don't just means they got different info back from their pitchers and made their own choices......You guys think Bryant is still sitting around second guessing himself...NO.....He's focused on Tuesday!!  I don't get the fact that the man has lost 1 district game in 43 try's and some are ready to hang him on one or two choices he's made...........Man's doin' somthin' right!!!

Guest Cardinal12

I believe the last district loss was in 2003 against HF. Blacksher and Knight were seniors.

Your wrong Ballboyz it was HJ. Maybe you should read up on your facts before you post.

I posted this question on another thread........still no answer!

What happens if BC and Jasper split, then Jasper beats Silsbee, all three have split, giving each of the top teams 2 losses........how will that be settled?

If only two have same records with a split, they have a one game playoff!

I would guess that procedure exists at the District Exec Committee level.  You could have a 3-way playoff to determine 1-2-3 for playoff seeding.  You could also have a coin flip, draw straws, etc.  There may a 'tie breaker' that looks at score differential, runs allowed, scored between the tied teams.  Bottom line -- there is a procedure, some procedure (any procedure).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder