Who has the fastest serve?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you get extra points for losing a close match? Nobody in local high school tennis has beaten him yet and I still don't expect it to happen around here. He practices with a lot higher caliber of players throughout the week than what he plays in tourneys. That gives him and edge. Also, the fact that nobody has beaten him in local HS yet gives him all the confidence in the world. Somebody will have to step up to break the pecking order. But, I see no reason to talk trash about a close loss. A loss is a loss!

aeropro7: If he doesnt get beat this year.....then he WILL get beat next year.

Why? Are you the one that's going to beat him? Deaver's not going to lose to anyone that plays in our tournaments because people talk to much smack about Deaver losing. Deaver has one off day and everyone starts getting thier hopes up about beating him. 

Maybe it will be me. I've been practicing pretty hard and have a winning record in SUPER 16s. I almost did it a month ago. I don't see why i can't do it

Why? Are you the one that's going to beat him? Deaver's not going to lose to anyone that plays in our tournaments because people talk to much smack about Deaver losing. Deaver has one off day and everyone starts getting thier hopes up about beating him. 

Maybe it will be me. I've been practicing pretty hard and have a winning record in SUPER 16s. I almost did it a month ago. I don't see why i can't do it

omg you are hilarious. you will never beat deaver and nobody will beat him in the local HS tourneys. so please dont get your hopes up.  ;)

Guest dogs334

bug almost beat him yes....

but will he ever actually DO it?

not likely at all in my opinion.

and grant?? grant is a REALLY strong

player for a freshman along with

lain. BUT, grant tried so hard. didnt

seem like deaver was givin it much

at all and pretty much just smiled at the points

grant won. deaver has good sportsmanship too. grant was cussing loudly pretty much the entire

game and nobody told him anything except his dad saying shh... but thats about it. as far as him beating him NOT LIKELY

either even though he HAS hit with him so much. but since the topic is the fastest serve, i want to go back to this buna

kid that claimed to have the 100 something mph serve.... it SUCKS. bottom line. goes everywhere BUT the service box. rarely it will hit a lucky line. everyone that has been watching hs tennis knows about this goofy kid. he was talking about lessons earlier on the thread. he needs to go BACK to those lessons. quick. and he has a horrible attitude! he thinks he is great. HA!

omg you are hilarious. you will never beat deaver and nobody will beat him in the local HS tourneys. so please dont get your hopes up.  ;)

You can tell that I will never beat Deavers all you want. But I know alot more about where i am compared to mathew than you do. So if my goal is to beat mathew next year, don't laugh at me for that.

who knows anyone can lose at any moment even matthew. hes a great player and a nice guy but you can tell he doesnt care as much at high school tournaments so anyone can catch him off guard. its just who has the potential to actually take him out....

Guest dogs334

although, high school tournament?

im pretty sure that regional team tennis is

a high school tournament where deaver lost 6-1, 6-1

right ??? thats what i understand of it anyway

if deaver sees him in the regional tournament

u think he will win round two?

bug, i'm sorry but you're not going to beat deaver. i've taken lessons on the court beside deaver and he does nothing but give it his all and has a good attitude about it the whole time. even though you're working hard, he's working just as hard. it's a goal, but don't get cocky about it till you say you've beat deaver.

easy as that.

Guest dogs334

its my goal to be an oil tycoon within the next three years. its possible

yes but not crazy for ppl to tell me i have no chance.

not very far-fetched at ALL for them to say.

kinda like bug beating deaver. not likely

grant won. deaver has good sportsmanship too. grant was cussing loudly pretty much the entire

game and nobody told him anything except his dad saying shh... but thats about it. as far as him beating him NOT LIKELY

either even though he HAS hit with him so much. but since the topic is the fastest serve, i want to go back to this buna

kid that claimed to have the 100 something mph serve.... it SUCKS. bottom line. goes everywhere BUT the service box. rarely it will hit a lucky line. everyone that has been watching hs tennis knows about this goofy kid. he was talking about lessons earlier on the thread. he needs to go BACK to those lessons. quick. and he has a horrible attitude! he thinks he is great. HA!

Look this is my first year to ever play. If ive ever talked trash to you on the court then thats my bad. I get frustrated easily.As far as my serve, the Lamar coach said that i serve 110-115 so i think ill beleive him. Also, the serves that are out arent but about two or three feet outside the box. Anybody on the internet can say they serve 120 mph but no one knows because no one radar guns serves around here. Im headed to region and thats all that matters. 

Look this is my first year to ever play. If ive ever talked trash to you on the court then thats my bad. I get frustrated easily.As far as my serve, the Lamar coach said that i serve 110-115 so i think ill beleive him. Also, the serves that are out arent but about two or three feet outside the box. Anybody on the internet can say they serve 120 mph but no one knows because no one radar guns serves around here. Im headed to region and thats all that matters. 

Ok maybe you do serve a 110, but look how many times you make it.....I counted 2 out of 12 times that you made your "110" serve in....thats less than 15%....which sucks.  Also who cares if it is an inch out or a mile out...you still didn't make the serve so whats it matter. 

Ya your going to regionals, but look how week our district is.........but again congradulations.

Ok maybe you do serve a 110, but look how many times you make it.....I counted 2 out of 12 times that you made your "110" serve in....thats less than 15%....which sucks.  Also who cares if it is an inch out or a mile out...you still didn't make the serve so whats it matter. 

Ya your going to regionals, but look how week our district is.........but again congradulations.

You are probably from Warren but youre right. Im basically a freshman though at tennis when you factor in my experience. When we played the championship match and for second place against Warren on Thursday I hurt my neck serving so i really didnt have that many serves in. I usually dont ever serve that bad but for those two matches i had bad serve percentage. Oh well I serve harder than the kids who have taken private lessons since they were five or six years old and I have never had a private lesson. I play tennis to pass the time not to prove myself. My bad if I had a bad attitude at the Kirbyville tournament and our District tournament. Im still learning to let bad calls and unforced errors go.

You are probably from Warren but youre right. Im basically a freshman though at tennis when you factor in my experience. When we played the championship match and for second place against Warren on Thursday I hurt my neck serving so i really didnt have that many serves in. I usually dont ever serve that bad but for those two matches i had bad serve percentage. Oh well I serve harder than the kids who have taken private lessons since they were five or six years old and I have never had a private lesson. I play tennis to pass the time not to prove myself. My bad if I had a bad attitude at the Kirbyville tournament and our District tournament. Im still learning to let bad calls and unforced errors go.

if you hurt your neck serving then you must be doing some crazy david copperfield crap cause i have never heard of anybody hurting their neck on a serve. that just sounds like an uncoordinated tennis . hope your neck gets to feeling better jeffrey cause you will need it in "regions" lol....its regionals .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu