Is This Necessary?

Englebert

When I say is this necessary, I mean do I need to know the sexual orientation of a superhero? If my house is burning down, do I need to know the sexual orientation of the fireman saving my house? If I'm drowning, do I need to know the sexual orientation of my rescuer? If I'm watching an action movie, do I need to know the sexual orientation of the hero? So my question is, why does Hollywood think I need to know the sexual orientation of a superhero? Is her preference pertinent to the plot of the movie? If so, fine. But an action movie in which sex scenes are 99.9% of the time gratuitous. I grew up not knowing the sexual orientation of any superhero, much less any hero. Why does Hollywood find the need to force this down my throat?

This is the hidden content, please

I have no problem with the sexual orientation of the character or the sexual orientation of the actor. My question is, why am I forced to know? And related to a recent topic on here, is the motivation for this revelation a product of general information, or is it injected as a sole purpose of pissing off a certain group of people?

8 hours ago, Englebert said:

When I say is this necessary, I mean do I need to know the sexual orientation of a superhero? If my house is burning down, do I need to know the sexual orientation of the fireman saving my house? If I'm drowning, do I need to know the sexual orientation of my rescuer? If I'm watching an action movie, do I need to know the sexual orientation of the hero? So my question is, why does Hollywood think I need to know the sexual orientation of a superhero? Is her preference pertinent to the plot of the movie? If so, fine. But an action movie in which sex scenes are 99.9% of the time gratuitous. I grew up not knowing the sexual orientation of any superhero, much less any hero. Why does Hollywood find the need to force this down my throat?

This is the hidden content, please

I have no problem with the sexual orientation of the character or the sexual orientation of the actor. My question is, why am I forced to know? And related to a recent topic on here, is the motivation for this revelation a product of general information, or is it injected as a sole purpose of pissing off a certain group of people?

That’s a durn good question.  My guess, it has a twofold purposes.  First, it gives all the liberals a warm & fuzzy feeling of how inclusive they are.  And Second, it pisses off a certain group of people.

My Dad worked a short time in the circus when he was 10 (his Dad had died).   He told me stories about geeks, in a cage, biting the heads off of chickens.  A regular freak show.  You know, when I see most of these Leftist groups in their costumes, and vagina’s on their heads, I think about those geeks.

Hmmmm...i have a female cousin who is gay. She says that the thought of being with a man makes her ill. I am an avid reader, I am having a hard time finding books that don't have gay couples. I am not gay, I can't relate, so I don't want to read about it. I don't know if that makes me insensitive.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Hmmmm...i have a female cousin who is gay. She says that the thought of being with a man makes her ill. I am an avid reader, I am having a hard time finding books that don't have gay couples. I am not gay, I can't relate, so I don't want to read about it. I don't know if that makes me insensitive.

You are also NOT Big Girl.

I have a gay cousin also. Does that make me special? She doesn't flaunt it in people's face. She also doesn't say, “Hi, I'm Jane and I'm gay.” We have come to a crossroad in this country where libs are saying let it all hang out. Even freedom has its limitations, don't you think? I feel that if someone thinks they can flaunt homosexuality in front of me, especially on national tv, and I don't like it, I have every right in the world to be insensitive. I cannot be put on a guilt trip for not denying my true feelings.

I stand by my earlier post. What country could be more easily defeated than fairyland?

21 minutes ago, baddog said:

You are also NOT Big Girl.

I have a gay cousin also. Does that make me special? She doesn't flaunt it in people's face. She also doesn't say, “Hi, I'm Jane and I'm gay.” We have come to a crossroad in this country where libs are saying let it all hang out. Even freedom has its limitations, don't you think? I feel that if someone thinks they can flaunt homosexuality in front of me, especially on national tv, and I don't like it, I have every right in the world to be insensitive. I cannot be put on a guilt trip for not denying my true feelings.

I stand by my earlier post. What country could be more easily defeated than fairyland?

Tt