Lamar Baseball

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I think the HC overmanages.  Against UH the starter  Cody Williams is crusing.  Hey lets lift him with a 3-0 lead to get some other guys some work in the top of the 3rd.  A four run Cougar 3rd ensued that changed the momentum of the game.  Colin Delhomme can mash though.  Great hitters in that group, but what wrong with Michael Ambort.  BTW the Owls are in town next Tuesday.  Can't wait. 

Sometimes I think the HC overmanages.  Against UH the starter  Cody Williams is crusing.  Hey lets lift him with a 3-0 lead to get some other guys some work in the top of the 3rd.  A four run Cougar 3rd ensued that changed the momentum of the game.  Colin Delhomme can mash though.  Great hitters in that group, but what wrong with Michael Ambort.  BTW the Owls are in town next Tuesday.  Can't wait. 

That's what mid-week games are for. Sure you would like to win them but the 8-1 conference mark is much more important. G has to use a lot of pitchers in these games to get them work because are weekend guys usually go the distance or at least 7 innings. You can walk in the dugout before the games and see a list of what pitchers will be on the mound and how many innings they will throw.

I can totally understand the mid-week idea and Wayne Graham does the same thing at Rice until he gets his mid-week starter set.  I just wonder if the game plan is to stick with who is hot to win the game and gain "points" toward an at-large bid if they do not win the SLC.  BTW - this weekend really hurt there chances of an at-large if they don't win the conference tournament.

Considering these things

(5-5) in last 10 games

0 Big RPI wins, close a few times the Ok St, KSt, UH, ULL wins would've been big

22 wins with 20 regular season games left.

Lamar will most likely need an amazing run such as winning 18 of 20 with wins over Rice and ULL to get back in consideration for an at large. Without that I think the only way in is to win the SLC Tournament which this team can certainly do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami