SETX Arming Teachers

Tigers2010

22 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Only cause they cant afford Police - example PNG, Ned, BC, etc... all use off duty cops.  PNG partners with the city for a 79%/21% cost split

I laughed my a$% off at the statement that no one will know who is armed.  There are no secrets you can bet your a$$ the ones armed will tell their wife then she'll tell her sister then she'll tell her husband, etc.......

I am sure all parents will feel relieved  to know they get 80 hours training - as opposed to 15 - 20 years in the field

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY

My hats off to Orangefield.  In lieu of not having enough law enforcement available, arming teachers, as bad as it may sound to some, is the one deterrent to school shootings smaller districts can do immediately.  And if there is a shooting at a smaller school, dialing 911 may result in a 30 minute wait before law enforcement arrives.  In High Islands case, could be even longer.  It's not the best solution, but it's the only one that can be done now.