LU improvements over the next 5 years!!!!!

Got this info from another website and they got it from the Texas State University System Minutes, These Facilities have been approved if I read correctly.

Facility                                             Amount                 Date

Softball Field                                      $1.2m                   2009

Field house, (soccer, softball, baseball)   $3.5m                   2009

Cardinal Stadium Renovation                  $6.5m                   2009

Higgens Field house Renovation              $3.6m                   2009

Vincient Beck Synthetic turf                  $0.95m                  2009

Vincient Beck Renovation                      $5.0m                    2012

You can look for yourself at

http://www.tsus.edu/regents/minutes/Regular%202007%20Feb.pdf

on about page 17.

So this obviously means the return of football (& Softball) to Lamar...

To bad for either men's tennis or track!!!

FieldTurf for the entire field, Coach G has talked about this for a couple of years. If they do improve the Montagne I wish they would brick the outside so it would match the school, same for the football field. Why would you have a white building in SE Texas especially next to a battery acid plant...

its 20+ years old thats how its out of date, no video board on the scoreboard for replays, it sits next to a battery acid plant and face it it's not in the best area of town. 

It is 20 years old and one of the best BB facilities in the State. As far as being next to a plant, I see that as a non-issue. The neighborhood is the same one the University is in, so again, irrellevant. I can see by the picture you are a FP homer, but I really don't think it is a very good facility. Now as far as upgrading the MC with a better scoreboard, and other amenities, now that is a good idea. Why pay to use a facility, that is not as good as the one you own?

Guest WBFan09

so you get a new scoarboard and you brick the outside...other than that it just needs touch ups here and there like new seat covers and things like that

Hey Lazeek, that link did not work so I fixed it.

This is big news.  I guess that does mean football will be coming back.  Where do I call for season tickets!!!!

Improvement for Cardinal Stadium could be for soccer...But if they do bring back football w/ soccer, they really should invest in getting field turf there as well...

While we can't really do anything about the location, the Montagne is really one of the best in the SLC.  I do wonder about the location of the football stadium however, not much atmosphere there but where else could it be.  So if these renovations are to be completed by 2009 you would have to assume football will be announced by next spring.  A coaching staff must be selected and a year to recruit must occur to be even remotely be successful.  Big time universities are sending letters to juniors in high school.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    assfff
    Newest Member
    assfff