*Bridge City 10 vs. HF 8 Final/Tuesday*

Guest coach

No actually my son was in a football game last year and there was a late hit on him..yes I was mad but he got a flag on him and the coach went up in him yelling and pulled him out of the game..He was in trouble with is coach,but what do you recommend with this young man?? Ban him form Baseball?? what would YOU want to do with this kid??

Since yall have the answers lets hear it..

Apparently it wasn't your kid that was thrown at.  If someone threw a ball on purpose that could have at least badly injured possibly killed one of your children I suspect you would feel different.

I want to hear what all thse adults bashing on this kid what should we do with him???

since yall wont let it go lets hear the punishment yall recommend..

Give him the same punishment if yalls kid did the same thing and lets hear what yall come up with..

Hey Coach, I bet if it was their kid that screwed up they would have a more forgiving attitude. I wonder how many of them forgive their kids when they are caught drinking?  Do they ground them, or let them go out with their friends again? Or what if they get in a wreck or are caught speeding? How long do they ban them from driving? I personally know of some parents that shrugged it off and their kids are driving around the next day. My point is, when it is someone else's kid they think differently than when it is their own. No one is saying that he won't or shouldn't be held accountable. Just don't make the kid out to be the devil. You are all acting like the kid himself has gotten on here and said he did nothing wrong. He admitted he messed up. Let the coach handle it.

Guest coach

Thankyou Frogger..I wasnt there and I am not even from BC, but I do know kids are kids.

3amagic apparently dont like Bc,from all his past posts.Bottom line is a kid made a public mistake and he is sorry.Let the coach handle it and be done with it.

Before too many of you bash the catcher for not being mature or experienced enough, you should know he is only 14 yrs old.  Why BC has no more catchers stepping up to the plate (so to say) is a mystery.

I don't think anyone is trying to let "this one slide" but let's wait and see how Coach Bryant handles it before chopping off Stringer's pitching hand.

Other than the incident in the top of the first inning, it was a well played game by both teams.

Before too many of you bash the catcher for not being mature or experienced enough, you should know he is only 14 yrs old.  Why BC has no more catchers stepping up to the plate (so to say) is a mystery.

I don't think anyone is trying to let "this one slide" but let's wait and see how Coach Bryant handles it before chopping off Stringer's pitching hand.

Other than the incident in the top of the first inning, it was a well played game by both teams.

I don't think anybody was bashing the catcher at all!  The point they were trying to make IS that he is 14 years old and doing a good job considering his age and inexperience (at the varsity level).  However, the question at hand is why isn't Warner catching instead, being that he is a Sr. with alot more experience at the Varsity level.  Freshmen can certainly be outstanding and Matt Hicks has definitely proven that, but for the most part 14/15 year old kids who stand out in 14U select ball have an entirely different scenario at the Varsity level.  It isn't anything at all against the little catcher, it was simply a question posed as to why we aren't using the more "experienced" catcher.  I think OF put that exact question on the board last week when they blew up the 7th inning with a freshman catcher knowing there were three upperclassmen on the field that are all very good and have more experience.  

Guest kosmo

Man, 3Amagic, and HFfaninstands will not let this thing die.  I tell you what, you guys go pull him out of government class right now, go up to the football press box, and throw him off of it.  That sounds like the only thing to do to quit the whining you two are doing.  Or just get the UIL to reverse the score and let you guys be victorious.  I have a feeling, if HF had not blown the big lead, this would be back page news.  If you want to find out if there was any intent or malice, then you need to talk to the player himself.  I don't think there was any, but I am not at liberty to say too much, because I was not there.    Bashing him on this board does nothing to get answers as to what actually happened.    I can see both sides of the argument. From BC's standpoint,  Stringer was PROBABLY not thinking straight because he saw the runner running toward the plate, with no catcher, and his coach screaming at him.  He lost his head.  HF fans could see that Stringer was throwing at the player because he was mad, that the player was running for home.  But until you talk to the player or coach, try to reserve judgement, and not have him drawn and quartered in the town square.

ttt

not letting this one slide below boring predictions

It is pretty sad when adults want to make a kid a criminal for a mistake. Yes, he was wrong. Yes, he will be penalized. But to say he was "angry" or "trying to hurt the runner deliberately" is wrong as well. How do you know for a fact what he was feeling or intending? Was he been stomping and screaming and throwing his hat or glove down beforehand? Did he look at the runner and say "Take that!" No. Everything and everyone was calm before that and he calmly left the field. It was a moment of confusion and reaction. And I guarantee if it had been YOUR child you would be a lot more forgiving. Let the coach handle it!

Apparently, hfaninthestands, 3amagic and a few others on this thread never do something without thinking, never make mistakes, and therefore are entitled to be as judgemental as they want. Also, they can read minds and determine exactly what others are feeling and intending. Nice trick, where can I learn it?

Guest Orangeboy

This is why I have never posted before. People don't always read the post! I said this kid was a good player, but anyone who has watched these games has to admit that he drops a lot of balls and doesn't see the ball well. I am sure he has a lot of respect for the game, that doesn't change the mistakes. All I'm saying is he is not quite ready to handle the postition full time as starter. I am not forgetting the episode with the pitcher but it has been talked to death, your not going to agree so it needs to be dropped. And I don't blame the catcher for all the pitches that hit the dirt, but he has to be able to stop them. That is what a catcher does. A wild pitch will get by them occasionally, but not on a regular basis. That will come with experience.

Evidently Coach Bryant likes what the kid brings and is willing to throw him in there to get the experience.  Robertson is a very hard worker and Casey his helping him grow and mature as a catcher. Jackson had many of these same problems when he was coming up. He will be that much better in the future.

For those of you that actually know Jeff you know that he would NEVER, and I mean NEVER intentionally try to injure someone. For those of you that were not there you have no right to persecute him because you don't know what happened. I was right by the fence next to the BC dugout when this occured so this IS what happened. Runner at third and the catcher comes out of his stance and begins walking over to the BC dugout, without calling timeout. He did this against Silsbee to change gloves so I assume that's what he was doing here. Jeff steps off the mound and Bryant asks the catcher, who is halfway to the dugout, if he called timeout. Bryant then asks the home plate umpire if time was called and he tells him no. At that point the runner at third takes off home. Bryant yells at Jeff to throw him out and the catcher starts to home. Runner slides and Jeff throws (when I say throws I don't mean wound up and hurled it as fast as he can) it was a quick flick down towards the plate where the catcher would have been with his glove to catch and tag him out. The catcher did not make it there and the ball hits at the runners feet and rolls to the backstop. That's it. END OF STORY. Jeff is my cousin, but we are as close as brothers and I'm telling you this was a reaction and not a throw intended to hurt anybody. He did come over and tell me that he was very embarrassed and he couldn't believe he had thrown the ball and the catcher wasn't there. Think about it, it was already like 3-0 HF and you have a runner running home, a coach yelling at you to throw him out and all of this is happening so fast the only thought in your mind is trying not to let another run score so you throw it hoping the catcher will be there. You people have blown this way out of proportion. He feels bad enough as it is and you are doing nothing but making it worse. He's not a freakin criminal.

MANY POSTS IN THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN EITHER EDITED OR DELETED. YOU SHOULDN'T NEED AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY.