Center 76 Silsbee 74/FINAL

WOSgrad

WOS won' beat Silsbee I'm sure of that. Yates does look good but better than Silsbee right now?? Maybe. Remember Silsbee is built for February with all that talent. Don't expect 15-16 years old to always have complete focus in December like they will in Feb and March. Yates has beat Silsbee twice in the playoffs before and we all know we won last year new season new teams. My money would still be on those Tigers. 

5 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Most people on here think Silsbee are the God’s of basketball. They’re still beatable as we seen tonight. 

Silsbee fans, like a lot of fans, will think & say whatever.  Can't account for them.  One title in 50 years does not make Silsbee basketball gods.  We like the sport though.  Love it.  

8 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

If that’s meant toward me I’m a north shore man .was I bragging about silsbee losing to north shore nope? ...bruh I watch all teams and call it like it is ..and since u bringing up Yates ...I’m assuming u want my assessment  on Yates vs silsbee ...silsbee is capable of beating them but Yates would have to play a bad game ...lol ...kill the excuses bruh ..take ur lick 

Yates definitely would control the inside. But I think Silsbee starting five is better and would have to have a bad game for Yates to win. The game will definitely be a good one. 

Actually might be a blessing in disguise.  Can’t chalk this one up to losing to a bigger school.  Good teaching moment for Coach Sig and staff.  Can’t look past anyone.  Every team isn’t going to concede that it’s Yates vs Silsbee for State.   Tigers will be fine.  They just need to trust the process and be coachable.  

Well, that'll probably be it for the No. 1 ranking.  And that's a little disappointing.  If we had won this one and showed well at the Dallas tournament we would have kept it till our last game.  I sure hope we get to play Center gain.  That would be a fabulous rematch.  And on a neutral court with everything on the line.

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Actually might be a blessing in disguise.  Can’t chalk one up to a bigger team.  Good teaching moment for Coach Sig and staff.  Can’t look past anyone.  Every team isn’t going to concede that it’s Yates vs Silsbee for State.   Tigers will be fine.  They just need to trust the process and be coachable.  

Thanks.  You articulated my thoughts on the situation.

7 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Well, that'll probably be it for the No. 1 ranking.  And that's a little disappointing.  If we had won this one and showed well at the Dallas tournament we would have kept it till our last game.  I sure hope we get to play Center gain.  That would be a fabulous rematch.  And on a neutral court with everything on the line.

Who cares about being #1 now. It's about the last person being #1 in March. 

4 minutes ago, DXTR said:

Yates definitely would control the inside. But I think Silsbee starting five is better and would have to have a bad game for Yates to win. The game will definitely be a good one. 

Yates plays off dunks ...those blow out wins for Yates are with running clock..they could’ve put up at least 150 on Wheatley with ease 

People need to rememer you have a enter new bench and these kids from football still learnng how to play. I talk to a Silsbee coach at the Cypress tourney and he said he expects the team to be playing at its best by the 2nd week of January. Alor of these kids have never played together unlike last year and year before. They will be fine. They may need to go just 8 deep. 

13 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

WOS won' beat Silsbee I'm sure of that. Yates does look good but better than Silsbee right now?? Maybe. Remember Silsbee is built for February with all that talent. Don't expect 15-16 years old to always have complete focus in December like they will in Feb and March. Yates has beat Silsbee twice in the playoffs before and we all know we won last year new season new teams. My money would still be on those Tigers. 

WOS is still in football season also. Never said anything about us beating y’all. You seem to be in your feelings because i said y’all were beatable ? SMH. Any who the tigers are still my favorite to win it all but it won’t be near as easy as last year. 

10 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Yates plays off dunks ...those blow out wins for Yates are with running clock..they could’ve put up at least 150 on Wheatley with ease 

Good guard play that beats the press is how to beat Yates. Silsbee has that. Hopefully we get to see this game. 

10 minutes ago, no-look said:

For some reason the words "weak and Wheatley " just don't go together. 

No it doesn’t ...but these private, and prep schools have all but killed competive inner city school basketball...I remember a time where Westbury Christian and strake were the only two good private school programs..hell I remember when it was just strake ...now the privates are better than the publics...times have changed 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Actually might be a blessing in disguise.  Can’t chalk this one up to losing to a bigger school.  Good teaching moment for Coach Sig and staff.  Can’t look past anyone.  Every team isn’t going to concede that it’s Yates vs Silsbee for State.   Tigers will be fine.  They just need to trust the process and be coachable.  

My thoughts exactly.  Losing a 2 pt road game to a good team at this point means very little to Silsbee, not that we want to lose any.   Now on the opposite side this win may mean a whole lot to Center.  Could be a strong learning point or even rally cry for my Tigers.  I have been saying since day one, you won’t see this Tiger team at full throttle until after the first of the year.  

As far as us being basketball gods, no anyone can be beat on any night.  It’s how you respond when it happens that makes you Champions!

One of the things that makes basketball so much fun is that it really only takes a few people to play the sport. I think it is realistic that two top notch players and a few role players who can do their job can win a state championship in 4A. Not many teams have ten or more players like Silsbee did last year. There are more than twice the number of basketball schools in this state that there are in football. Right now there are probably about ten teams that can win a state championship. There are at least ten who can beat anyone else in the state on any given night. 

It is pretty hard to repeat in basketball. This team has a chance but they must figure out how to play with six to eight players instead of ten or more. They must also figure out a way to replace Willie Jones. There are not many teams have a player of that caliber to come off the bench. 

I have seen a number of small schools (2A and 3A) that could play with or beat a team like Silsbee but it is hard for them to string together the six or seven wins that are required to advance all the way to the state finals.