Bergdahl dishonorably discharged, no jail time after emotional trial

LumRaiderFan

Wow, I have no Military experience & didn't sacrifice myself or Family to protect our Country. What a very unfortunate situation. Looks like he got a break on sentencing. Sure hope he doesn't take a knee at a Paid Patriotic Sporting Event. Let's see how much hateful responses to this news as there has been towards NFL players whom most were never Sworn into Service. Let the bashing begin!!! Burn his uniform, derogatory names, death threats. Oh wait, he didn't take a knee.  Phone lines are open

I still don't think the guy should be denigrated. He didn't sentence himself, I just hope we can keep things in perspective. Clearly this is an injustice on the grounds of Patriotism. Certainly this doesn't help the stance many have against NFL players. At least none of them deserted. All I'm saying is.......... What's the difference. I want to hear from NFL owners, Mr Trump certainly called him an SOB sponsors of Patriotic displays at games should pull ads. Come on!!! Now that we see this is All BS let's just leave meaningless Football where it is, and let the Military continue to protect the many things we take for granted. Unfortunately this wasn't the approach towards the NFL players. 

And let me give special KUDOS to the fans, players, owners etc in their overwhelming demonstration of respect for this country during the National Anthem at game 7 of the world series with the anthem being sung by 4 fine police officers.  After all, it only took about a minute and those that perhaps, disagree to some extent, have 23 hours and 59 other minutes in their day to come up with a time and place to  articulate/demonstrate their concerns for societal ills without intruding on that moment of pride for America.

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And let me give special KUDOS to the fans, players, owners etc in their overwhelming demonstration of respect for this country during the National Anthem at game 7 of the world series with the anthem being sung by 4 fine police officers.  After all, it only took about a minute and those that perhaps, disagree to some extent, have 23 hours and 59 other minutes in their day to come up with a time and place to  articulate/demonstrate their concerns for societal ills without intruding on that moment of pride for America.

Kinda like going to church every sunday after doing wrong monday thru sat. Doesn't make them no better than anyone else. the klan stood for the anthem, then went and hung black guys and raped their wifes and children.

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I have seen pictures of memebers of congress not standing for the anthem. Your anthem crap is bs, and i have always stood. If i decided not to, nobody can stop me. 

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

It has no use in everyday life. Playing the Anthem at games is a ploy for fake Patriotism. Yeah good everyone stood, does that put them in any worse light than the Soldier who deserted if they knelt or sat?? Come on!!! Like I said I can't have it both ways. Did you do any Kap or NFL player bashing Nash??

5 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

It has no use in everyday life. Playing the Anthem at games is a ploy for fake Patriotism. Yeah good everyone stood, does that put them in any worse light than the Soldier who deserted if they knelt or sat?? Come on!!! Like I said I can't have it both ways. Did you do any Kap or NFL player bashing Nash??

Sure he did, what Kap did was worse than what Dylan Roof did according to the responses on this board!

25 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Good post, Nash, and I agree.

17 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Yes, I have done plenty.  And I disagree with your evaluation of the Anthem and believe that a couple of hundred years of practicing it by most members of this great nation validates my contention.

13 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Sure he did, what Kap did was worse than what Dylan Roof did according to the responses on this board!

Nash, trying to give you benefit of doubt here. You screaming Foul on some things & remaining silent or neutral on others raises my brow. Is there any validity to what Tobie is saying?? I've been reading posts on here for years. Not taking sides, just asking questions 

I don't answer that one because, in Tobies words, " according to responses on this board" calls for an interpretation and quantification by Tobie.  From my perspective, Tobie is not what one might call a critical thinker, hence I don't give a lot of credibility to many of his conclusions.  What Dylan Roof did was considerably more harmful than what Colin Kaepernick did and it does not require a brain surgeon to arrive at that conclusion.

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I don't answer that one because, in Tobies words, " according to responses on this board" calls for an interpretation and quantification by Tobie.  From my perspective, Tobie is not what one might call a critical thinker, hence I don't give a lot of credibility to many of his conclusions.  What Dylan Roof did was considerably more harmful than what Colin Kaepernick did and it does not require a brain surgeon to arrive at that conclusion.

I wouldn't ever put those 2 together and I hear you. If you were vocal against Kap & NFL, where's the venom towards the deserter? Certainly his act was more hainous than those in entertainment. I'm not going to bash the guy, but I can't stop it towards NFL nor him. Just curious to see how there's a difference. 

Before I answer you latest question, let me edit what I just stated about Tobie.  If you had not come on here to ask for my input, subsequent to Tobies "claim" I or one of the other "bad guys" on the board would have said  " Tobie, show me where anybody on this board STATED that what Kaepernick did was worse than what Dylan Roof did.  I already know the answer to that one but offering Tobie the opportunity to understand he is not dealing in facts but in Hyperbole.  At that point, there would have been either total silence from  him or some reference to Rosa Parks.  I have made a multitude of comments about Mr. Berghdahl since he became news and even more comments about how I felt he had been coddled by the previous administration.  Unfortunately, in this society, professional athletes get more attention than the military or any other group of normal folk.  I have always been troubled by the pedestal that athletes and movie stars have been put on with constant reinforcement from the media.  Therefore, I am likely a lot more vocal about Jane Fonda supporting the enemy or Colin Kaepernick doing what he did. I still maintain my personal feeling/suspicion that someone "got to kaepernick or he would have been "demonstrating" much sooner that when he did.

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Before I answer you latest question, let me edit what I just stated about Tobie.  If you had not come on here to ask for my input, subsequent to Tobies "claim" I or one of the other "bad guys" on the board would have said  " Tobie, show me where anybody on this board STATED that what Kaepernick did was worse than what Dylan Roof did.  I already know the answer to that one but offering Tobie the opportunity to understand he is not dealing in facts but in Hyperbole.  At that point, there would have been either total silence from  him or some reference to Rosa Parks.  I have made a multitude of comments about Mr. Berghdahl since he became news and even more comments about how I felt he had been coddled by the previous administration.  Unfortunately, in this society, professional athletes get more attention than the military or any other group of normal folk.  I have always been troubled by the pedestal that athletes and movie stars have been put on with constant reinforcement from the media.  Therefore, I am likely a lot more vocal about Jane Fonda supporting the enemy or Colin Kaepernick doing what he did. I still maintain my personal feeling/suspicion that someone "got to kaepernick or he would have been "demonstrating" much sooner that when he did.

Im looking at the things you guys talk about for weeks and the things you barely mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Anthem hasn't been played at sporting events for 100 yrs. You can kill that noise Bruh

Bigcam2903 , you probably know by now that the folks on this board only think one way, and thats it. They will not agree with nothing that you can say. They will not call each other out on anything, no matter how absurd and unless the black man is against Obama or he is a republican, he is wrong.

4 minutes ago, six burg said:

Bigcam2903 , you probably know by now that the folks on this board only think one way, and thats it. They will not agree with nothing that you can say. They will not call each other out on anything, no matter how absurd and unless the black man is against Obama or he is a republican, he is wrong.

And there is a mirror image for many from the other perspective.

10 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Im looking at the things you guys talk about for weeks and the things you barely mentioned.

Tobie, the topics talked about the most are the topics brought up by the media the most.  Before you run to google to get the answer, I can tell you that you have talked in great volumes about Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown and never said a word about Kate Steinle.   That's because you don't know about her and that is most probably because while the media talked volumes and volumes and volumes about Brown/Martin, it had very little to say about Steinle and it doesn't require much thought to understand that the media was playing politics.