8 HR RULE?

curiousgeorge

2 hours ago, curiousgeorge said:

At this point I have hired Ace Ventura to get to the bottom of this. Ron Burgundy is doing an expose on cheating coaches, and once again forums are about as useful as used toilet paper. 

Well, exactly what did you expect?

If you truly want to get a resolution to the problem, have you consulted the coach?  After all he is the one that is running these workouts that you are concerned about.  And I am quite sure that once you talk to him, he will be able to show you how his workout schedule, as oldschool2 just explained, falls within the parameters of the 8 hour rule.

That is and should have been your first move, rather than going straight to a public message board or, as you suggested earlier, going straight to the UIL.  These moves are not the actions of a concerned parent but rather a troublemaker.

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, exactly what did you expect?

If you truly want to get a resolution to the problem, have you consulted the coach?  After all he is the one that is running these workouts that you are concerned about.  And I am quite sure that once you talk to him, he will be able to show you how his workout schedule, as oldschool2 just explained, falls within the parameters of the 8 hour rule.

That is and should have been your first move, rather than going straight to a public message board or, as you suggested earlier, going straight to the UIL.  These moves are not the actions of a concerned parent but rather a troublemaker.

Some people have what I call a backwards laddar.  Instead of starting at the bottom rung (coach) and then working their way up, they go strait to the top rung.

Backwards laddar.

Anything over a 1.5 hour practice is absurd and pointless.

1-stretch

2-specialty

3-individual

4-individual

5-inside run

6-inside run

7-pass skell 

8-pass skell

9-team

10-team

11-specialty 

12-condition 

*thats a 1 hour practice(each number represents a 5 minute segment)that pretty much covers every phase of the game offensively or defensively.  You could throw in an extra 30 minutes if need be. Now obviously if you're at a smaller school with kids going both ways then you'd need that extra 30 minutes