Christopher Columbus statue vandalized in Houston last night

team first

17 hours ago, baddog said:

I said so what to you, but it is meant for everyone. So what if slavery happened? It's been practiced since the beginning of man. Nothing you nor I can do to change it. Absolutely nothing. They were freed. What else can be done? Seems to me the ones who love to harp on it should concentrate their energy on stopping the slave trade happening today. But alas, that would not line their pockets.

Slavery happened, get over it. Says the folks that can't let go of Colin Kapernick kneeling for the national anthem 

10 minutes ago, new tobie said:

No, they won't their own beliefs only. Everyone else's beliefs are stupid 

Why in the last year have the statues become a problem.  Some have stood for a 10O years without issues.  Guess the snowflakes that came along since ate thin skinned.  As soon as your golden child was out of office, and Hillary didn't win, then the problem started?  Again, a statue has never harmed anyone, and slavery has long been abolished in the US.  And I would almost guarantee that the idiot that desecrated the CC statement believes he fought in the Civil War.  Shows the mentality of these snowflakes.

7 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Why in the last year have the statues become a problem.  Some have stood for a 10O years without issues.  Guess the snowflakes that came along since ate thin skinned.  As soon as your golden child was out of office, and Hillary didn't win, then the problem started?  Again, a statue has never harmed anyone, and slavery has long been abolished in the US.  And I would almost guarantee that the idiot that desecrated the CC statement believes he fought in the Civil War.  Shows the mentality of these snowflakes.

Most of those statues belong in museams.. The Nfl has a hall of fame for theirs. The current bigoted, racist, bulling, disrespectful to all living presidents and to the office of the President has stired up racism. Whites are distancing themselves from this tweeting idiot. This president threatened nfl owners if they woud hire Kapernick which is none of his business. 

4 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Most of those statues belong in museams.. The Nfl has a hall of fame for theirs. The current bigoted, racist, bulling, disrespectful to all living presidents and to the office of the President has stired up racism. Whites are distancing themselves from this tweeting idiot. This president threatened nfl owners if they woud hire Kapernick which is none of his business. 

First I've heard of this.  Is this something you pulled out if thin air, or do you have a link from the interview so we can all hear him say it?  I would like to see that, to make sure this is not more of you spewing your hate.  If these statues were in museums, you and others would still be screaming about it, because y'all can't let it go.  As I've said before, some just have to have something to bit#$ about.

2 hours ago, westend1 said:

Yeah, and hitler died before you were born.  What is the point?   That things which don't personally affect you shouldn't bother someone else?

you cant erase what happened but you do have to learn to live with it. vandalizing anything will not change history for me or you. One must be able to forgive the wrongs done to you are you will never have peace. I am not a young man by any means and I went to school all the way through with black kids that had the exact same opportunities I had. Was slavery bad you bet but it was  and and everyone should  learn not to repeat it and move on. All the nonsense only divides the nation more. By the way I think the nazis and the klan are cowards just like the blm and antifa . anyone that covers their face to supposedly rally is up to no good.

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

First I've heard of this.  Is this something you pulled out if thin air, or do you have a link from the interview so we can all hear him say it?  I would like to see that, to make sure this is not more of you spewing your hate.  If these statues were in museums, you and others would still be screaming about it, because y'all can't let it go.  As I've said before, some just have to have something to bit#$ about.

This is the hidden content, please

Whatever!!!!

1 hour ago, 77 said:

you cant erase what happened but you do have to learn to live with it. vandalizing anything will not change history for me or you. One must be able to forgive the wrongs done to you are you will never have peace. I am not a young man by any means and I went to school all the way through with black kids that had the exact same opportunities I had. Was slavery bad you bet but it was  and and everyone should  learn not to repeat it and move on. All the nonsense only divides the nation more. By the way I think the nazis and the klan are cowards just like the blm and antifa . anyone that covers their face to supposedly rally is up to no good.

I can't say I disagree.   But, if you think black kids had the same opportunities as you, then you don't really understand what it is like to grow up in a bad neighborhood with part time parents.  It will take a while to overcome Jim Crow.  You and I always felt that we could work hard and achieve, because that is what we were taught.  Not everyone got those instructions 

11 minutes ago, new tobie said:

This is the hidden content, please

Whatever!!!!

I never said he didn't say it.  Just asked for link.  You got em in a wad or something.   So Trump claims he threatened owners, but he never told them in a group meeting.  Nice try!  Didn't see in the article that he that he threatened them.

7 minutes ago, westend1 said:

I can't say I disagree.   But, if you think black kids had the same opportunities as you, then you don't really understand what it is like to grow up in a bad neighborhood with part time parents.  It will take a while to overcome Jim Crow.  You and I always felt that we could work hard and achieve, because that is what we were taught.  Not everyone got those instructions 

Whose fault is that?  The white man.

8 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Those neighborhoods where not always bad, and who are you wanting to blame for part time parents ?

34 minutes ago, team first said:

Those neighborhoods where not always bad, and who are you wanting to blame for part time parents ?

The neighborhoods were bad. That's where black families were able to afford housing in the 50s and 60s.   Could the kids have done better? Of course.  But without having grown up in that environment, you have no idea how you might have turned out.  Look around at the number of kids who are losers but had a much better opportunity.  

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

I never said he didn't say it.  Just asked for link.  You got em in a wad or something.   So Trump claims he threatened owners, but he never told them in a group meeting.  Nice try!  Didn't see in the article that he that he threatened them.

I wouldn't say that Trump is a racist. A Liar, Bully, Bigot is more fitting, Trump lies when the truth would do fine.

9 minutes ago, six burg said:

Robert E Lee led an army killing other Americans. And we want a statue of this man. Christopher Columbus was prays for lying and saying that he discovered a country where other folks already existed.

Chris Columbus day is a day of from work though! Let's make Robert E Lee a day of from work.

16 minutes ago, six burg said:

Robert E Lee led an army killing other Americans. And we want a statue of this man. Christopher Columbus was prays for lying and saying that he discovered a country where other folks already existed.

You can find fault with anybody if you want to.  So, with that being said, let's just remove all statues, street names, parks, school names, and any other means people are being honored with. These groups can then find something else to complain about.  You will never appease everybody.  Maybe you can answer this question which has already been asked.  Why have the statues became an issue in the last year or two?

4 hours ago, new tobie said:

Columbus means nothing and did nothing. Would not mess with his statue though because its not my property. 

Columbus did nothing?  He opened the "New World" to Europe, and thus started the colonization of America.  Sounds like he did a lot to me.