Confederate Status War Comes to Dallas

Hagar

3 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I have no problem with these statues as long as they are on PRIVATE / NOT PUBLIC land. Celebrate your southern heroes in the comfort of your "home."

Just curious, are you okay with statues of former slave owners, such as George Washington, or Thomas Jefferson being on public land?

5 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Traitors!!

You do realize that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were involved in the Revolutionary War and not the Civil War, right?  If so, why do you call them traitors?  Yes, they could be considered traitors to England, but as BS Wildcats pointed out, if not for their foresight, we'd not be living in the greatest country the world has ever known.

13 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I meant the men from the south and their statues are traitors. Sorry for not being clearer. 

But yes, now that you bring it up, Geo. Washington & those guys were considered traitors as well by the British govt.

If one spot in history could be changed, then nothing afterwards would come to pass. Everything would change. We are where we are because of our history and in spite of it.

Traitors if you will, but when people are so sick of the way their country treats them, they leave and start their own. What a novel idea.

56 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I meant the men from the south and their statues are traitors. Sorry for not being clearer. 

But yes, now that you bring it up, Geo. Washington & those guys were considered traitors as well by the British govt.

Still 2 talk for you to comprehend. 

Hopefully you can reach up and understand it one day 

LU 

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

People leave their countries everyday to come to America. Are they traitors?

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Okay, no problem.  We all get a little rum-dum reading these post.  But my question to you was, do you have a problem with statues of Washington & Jefferson being on public land.

12 hours ago, new tobie said:

Im still not proud.

Is there another country you prefer?  Where you would live that you would be proud?  Mexico?  Canada?  England?  

I'd guess Venezuela, since it's government is what the democrats want for America.  

On 7/25/2017 at 2:12 PM, BS Wildcats said:

Yet, without their foresight, you would not live in the greatest nation of all.  Maybe you are like Michelle Obama, and just in the last eight years became a proud American.

Let me get this straight... foresight meaning the traitors from the South who fought against the greatest nation of all? Or you meant something else? 

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Nope! Not all.  You do realize you had men fighting against their own country, right? Traitors!

You couldn't be more wrong. These people LEFT their country. The country they left decided to make it their own. It led to taxation without representation. They were attacked. That is self defense....stand your ground.

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Let me get this straight... foresight meaning the traitors from the South who fought against the greatest nation of all? Or you meant something else? 

Let me straighten it out for you.  Foresight, meaning Washington, Franklin, Adams, Revere, and Jefferson along with others, that were looking for a better life.  Without them being traitors to England, there would be no United States.  In case you are not clear, this happened a hundred years or so before the Civil War.  You must be getting your wars mixed up.

15 hours ago, baddog said:

You couldn't be more wrong. These people LEFT their country. The country they left decided to make it their own. It led to taxation without representation. They were attacked. That is self defense....stand your ground.

Whoaaa! Which war are you referring to?

14 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Let me straighten it out for you.  Foresight, meaning Washington, Franklin, Adams, Revere, and Jefferson along with others, that were looking for a better life.  Without them being traitors to England, there would be no United States.  In case you are not clear, this happened a hundred years or so before the Civil War.  You must be getting your wars mixed up.

Listen, my prime  concern during that time was the fact that Crispus Attucks was in front of the mob and was shot to death , and for what? The dude was a runaway slave. Unless one of yall ancestors pushed him.

15 hours ago, baddog said:

Hmmm, I'm referring to the Civil War.