Best Singles and Doubles Players;Boys and Girls

Guest sportsfan-89

Don't count Salina out against Minnick or Deavers. I've played both the guys and Salina is my cousin and I hit with her on the weekends.  Now shes hitting just as good as them

As for Smith and Colley: those kids can play tennis. Give them some time to get it together. And I'd rather take those two rednecks than some rich country club kid.

Dude what are you talking about..........? Are you allright? Oh! I get it your one of the rednecks that everyone was making fun of, and now your upset........ Well all I can say is suck it up you redneck :'(

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude what are you talking about..........? Are you allright? Oh! I get it your one of the rednecks that everyone was making fun of, and now your upset........ Well all I can say is suck it up you redneck :'(

One more time "under where" and you are going to be on the outside looking in if you know what I mean.

Ok, let's add some facts to the arguement using current USTA rankings.

Guys

Matt Deaver    SC18    #126    13-13 record

Grant Lopez      SC14    #88      15-28

"Bug" Luttrell    SC14    #114    7-8

Lain Herr          SC14    #134      4-5

Brad Legato      C18      #77      9-18

Matt Minick      C18      #162    1-11  ouch!

Sagar Desai      C16      #93      8-3

Kenton Boone    C16      #107    9-16

Honorable mention-

Clement Wehner - needs 1 more point to be C18

Scott Carnley- former C16 who aged up recently

Jude Layne- doesn't play usta

Tyler Word- doesn't play usta

Obviously Deaver is the best on the list. pretty tight bunch after that.

Girls

Salina Aranda    SC18    #31    34-25

Jessica Phelps    C18      #16    12-17

Regan Hollier      C16      #194    1-5

Sarah Pfister      C14      #41    10-11

Strong at the top, but not much depth.

Aranda is probably the 2nd best girl to come out of the Golden Triangle in the last 10 years. I would put Tara Shelander at #1, but it is pretty close.

On the guys side, Andrew Danos (top 30 SC18) by a landslide. Nobody else close.

Wow thats pretty bad record for Minick in my opinion. Its really funny though, he has played 18 super champs before and has beaten them, but he can't win in champs 18. And he is at least 1 of the 3 best players in this area. I know Minick and his family pretty well, I will have to ask him about that and get back to yall. As it looks in the records Deaver is clearly the winner.

I went and watched the 1 match Minick won at the Woodlands Clay Court Open.  They didn't play on clay because it was onl superchamps who got to play, but he got destroyed in the first set and then his opponent started hurling all over the court.  He was sick and Minick still barely won in the 3rd set.

OMG....Look who he has to play against.  Nobody, only players there are is Deavers, "BUG", Sagar, and Boone.  Besides that there is no one else to give him a fight, so ya you say he is good for this area, but not for state.  He doubt he makes it out of regionals, but there is some slim chance, but I know for a fact he wont place second in state

Um..i wouldn't leave out the doubles team from kirbyville, whitmire and landry. they have won every single tournament they played since the beginning of the season. they beat orangefield in the finals every time and beat westbrook...i would give them a little more credit

Um..i wouldn't leave out the doubles team from kirbyville, whitmire and landry. they have won every single tournament they played since the beginning of the season. they beat orangefield in the finals every time and beat westbrook...i would give them a little more credit

You say that they won every tournament they played in, well they must be playing in like 1A tournaments or like in C division.  They haven't won a tournament I have been in yet and I played in all the Beaumont tournaments in the A division.  I give them credit if you are true to your word.

Question: Does one wear glasses and had a hurt left hand.  The other one is a bigger fellow?

And look at this, Minick beats Legato everytime they play. And Legato has a better record then Minick. Somethings not right, he told me that he has two or three matches that he had withdrawed from due to injury. But still I'm just telling you what i was told.

Brad Legato is a descent player and it would be one of those things where one beats the other and then the othere wins the next time.  Still not that good in the whole grand of things.

Brad Legato is a descent player and it would be one of those things where one beats the other and then the othere wins the next time.  Still not that good in the whole grand of things.

I don't know who you are talking to, but Minick is 5 times the player Legato is. You can ask anyone. You must be getting all your information from Legato, because thats not right at all. I don't think Minick will get second in state, but dont say he can't make it to state. He should have went last year. He was up 4-1 in the third set of his match to make it to state. And even though he lost this shows that he can make it. And for Travis Conn(sense thats the only guy i know on that list of yours) he and Minick have played several time and they have split a few times. Don't bash Minick, hes a good guy and a great tennis player and i would hate for him to come on here and see this. You obviously dont know Minick, he is a really good friend of mine. So why dont you get your facts straight before bashing him.

Don't count Salina out against Minnick or Deavers. I've played both the guys and Salina is my cousin and I hit with her on the weekends.  Now shes hitting just as good as them

As for Smith and Colley: those kids can play tennis. Give them some time to get it together. And I'd rather take those two rednecks than some rich country club kid.

For all of yall Buna rednecks who are talkin crap on the Warren team, if yall think that yall are so good, wait till tomorrow at the district tourney. Word and Carnley is going to whip yall like a red headed step child. Warren will dominate the 2A district tourney!

I don't know who you are talking to, but Minick is 5 times the player Legato is. You can ask anyone. You must be getting all your information from Legato, because thats not right at all. I don't think Minick will get second in state, but dont say he can't make it to state. He should have went last year. He was up 4-1 in the third set of his match to make it to state. And even though he lost this shows that he can make it. And for Travis Conn(sense thats the only guy i know on that list of yours) he and Minick have played several time and they have split a few times. Don't bash Minick, hes a good guy and a great tennis player and i would hate for him to come on here and see this. You obviously dont know Minick, he is a really good friend of mine. So why dont you get your facts straight before bashing him.

You think Minick is all big and bad.  Well if you say he is so good that he should of went to state last year and he was up 4-1 and the third set.  Well a good player would of finished it off, but a mediocre one loses. And Minick is a mediocre player. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder