LU 63 Oregon St. 60

jake94

I actually went to Lamar's home opener.  I have no idea why...Actually, I was going to watch the BH/PNG football game.  When I got there I realized Lamar's bball team was playing too, so I decided to watch the first half of the bball game, catch the second half of the football game.  When I walked out of the Montagne Center I realized I didn't want to fight traffic or the crowd.  Plus I was starving.  So I just left.  I know...I missed a good ending.  Don't remind me.

I said all that to say this.. Weisbrod is Lamar's best player.  I knew that particular game was going to be a massacre but I was a little worried about his size (in future games).  6'6 is a little small to be playing in the paint as much as he does.  But he's a really smart player.  I could tell immediately that he was a very skilled player around the rim.

Was able to view of few of his highlights on utube. He is much quicker now, and he still has the big body frame. Just as he did in HS, he either A) uses his body size against smaller guards. B) Uses his quickness to get around a bigger/taller player. He had the Eubanks kid turning in circles. Reminded me of a move Hakeem use to have back in the day...

4 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I actually went to Lamar's home opener.  I have no idea why...Actually, I was going to watch the BH/PNG football game.  When I got there I realized Lamar's bball team was playing too, so I decided to watch the first half of the bball game, catch the second half of the football game.  When I walked out of the Montagne Center I realized I didn't want to fight traffic or the crowd.  Plus I was starving.  So I just left.  I know...I missed a good ending.  Don't remind me.

I said all that to say this.. Weisbrod is Lamar's best player.  I knew that particular game was going to be a massacre but I was a little worried about his size (in future games).  6'6 is a little small to be playing in the paint as much as he does.  But he's a really smart player.  I could tell immediately that he was a very skilled player around the rim.

That was the knock coming out of high school, despite being able to score against bigger guys in summer ball (I saw one game against Myle Turner where he was surprisingly efficient).  My concerns were alleviated his freshman year at UNO when they played A&M at CS over the Thanksgiving break.  He scored on 2 or 3 consecutive possessions from the block against a 6-10 center.  Having those wide McHale like shoulders helps.  And his moves remind me a bit of McHale as well.  If he had those 4 extra inches of height...

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

That was the knock coming out of high school, despite being able to score against bigger guys in summer ball (I saw one game against Myle Turner where he was surprisingly efficient).  My concerns were alleviated his freshman year at UNO when they played A&M at CS over the Thanksgiving break.  He scored on 2 or 3 consecutive possessions from the block against a 6-10 center.  Having those wide McHale like shoulders helps.  And his moves remind me a bit of McHale as well.  If he had those 4 extra inches of height...

He would go to the league for certain if he were 6'10.