22-5A vs 21-5A bidistrict venue prediction

Indianforever

Just my opinion, Baytown Lee isn't making the playoffs this year or next year.  Reserve Stallworth stadium for the next 2 years for the 1st round.  It's the most neutral place, that has turf and both bleachers are the same size. Play one game on Friday.  Play the other 3 on Saturday at 12, 4 and 8.  Put the 21-5A teams and fans on the West side and put the 22-5A teams and fans on the East side and lets settle this...

7 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Why would BH want to play PNG at Lamar? That's giving PNG home field advantage. Hope that's not true.

I don't understand that either, there's at least a dozen playoff caliber stadiums I would think Westeberg would prefer over traveling to Beaumont. On Maxpreps it does have Crosby playing Vidor on a Thursday though. 

5 minutes ago, fox said:

why would PNG want to play BH at  Stallworth then?

either field they play at i don't think there will be a home field advantage the way both schools travel.

He said BH contacted Lamar. I understand if PNG contacted them. I could see BH contacting Stallworth. Lamar is 10 minutes from Port Neches, about the same for Stallworth and BH. Either way, I don't care, just thought it was odd.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

He said BH contacted Lamar. I understand if PNG contacted them. I could see BH contacting Stallworth. Lamar is 10 minutes from Port Neches, about the same for Stallworth and BH. Either way, I don't care, just thought it was odd.

My only explanation would be this: Westerberg likes BIG SHINY things!  At Allen, he'd have gladly taken taken a game at AT&T even if it meant playing an Arlington team there. So why would he settle for a puny high school stadium when he can stand on the grand stage of a college stadium (yes, I know it as not that grand of a stage, but indulge me)?  This coupled with the fact that it also well known that the Barbers Hill super also has a case of the silver spoon syndrome may account for this.

20 minutes ago, Finesser said:

I just hope I'm making that trip to Jerry's World this December , even if it's not for my Titans , if any team from the area can make it I'll be there , It sucks they moved it from NRG stadium , but oh well...

ATT is the best IMO. I think we'll have at least two teams there in WOS and Newton. A bunch of us go every year if you want to join in.

1 hour ago, fox said:

why would PNG want to play BH at  Stallworth then?

either field they play at i don't think there will be a home field advantage the way both schools travel.

PNG already has 2 wins at Stallworth this year. This is a great choice for the 1st round playoff game. 

4 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Just my opinion, Baytown Lee isn't making the playoffs this year or next year.  Reserve Stallworth stadium for the next 2 years for the 1st round.  It's the most neutral place, that has turf and both bleachers are the same size. Play one game on Friday.  Play the other 3 on Saturday at 12, 4 and 8.  Put the 21-5A teams and fans on the West side and put the 22-5A teams and fans on the East side and lets settle 

25 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

My only explanation would be this: Westerberg likes BIG SHINY things!  At Allen, he'd have gladly taken taken a game at AT&T even if it meant playing an Arlington team there. So why would he settle for a puny high school stadium when he can stand on the grand stage of a college stadium (yes, I know it as not that grand of a stage, but indulge me)?  This coupled with the fact that it also well known that the Barbers Hill super also has a case of the silver spoon syndrome may account for this.

Puny? Lamar's stadium seats 16,000. Stallworth seats 16,500. Granted I'm sure Lamar's stadium is much shiner with a ton more amenities,  but being puny is not a problem with Stallworth.