Liberty Vs. HJ Predictions

setxnative96

I feel as if HJ will find a way to slow down the Liberty back that everyone has seen this year and is running the ball like a grown man. Stack the box and force them to throw which is still not their forte! HJ has 4 returning DBs and should be able to make some big plays if they can force bad throws. I will take HJ in a close one for the WIN!!!!!!

I've now seen the HJ vs Jasper film, the HJ vs LCM film, and I went and saw the WOS game in HJ this past Friday, so I only have a few games of HJ's to work with to make my prediction, but i'll stick with my prediction that we beat HJ worse than we beat OF. OF's McGee had 217 rushing yards and 2 TD's against us, without him that game would have been even worse than 42-27. With that being said HJ doesn't have a McGee. #1 is pretty good, but it looks like #29 and #12 get the bulk of the carries and neither of them look as athletic as McGee to me. Without an offensive standout it's gunna be tough for the Hawks to keep up with the Panthers. A few weeks ago I was coming on here and predicting a score and so far they've all been fairly lopsided predictions and I've been ridiculed for it so for the past few weeks I held back and didn't make a score prediction or an analysis of why I thought we we were going to win  since they were being taken offensive (although all those predictions played out and we are 8-0) so I decided I would do it this week. OF was a more scrappy team overall than HJ, but HJ was a more a athletic team overall outside of OF's McGee. With all of that being said, I don't think HJ has enough scrap in them on defense to handle Liberty's Alex Brown, Tyris Williams and KK Antoine. I wish I had the official stats of all 3 of these guys.At 5'11 215 Alex is leading the charge this year now with well over 1000 yards i'll get the stats later. KK has been lighting in up with multiple 100+ yard and 2 TD performances. And the big Tryis Williams at 6'2 230 being looked at by D1 schools for Linebacker, can carry the ball as well. The Panther back field will be too much for the HJ defense to stop for 4 quarters. I could see HJ breaking a couple early, #1 and #12 are decent ball carriers, but as the game wears on the panthers will wear HJ out. I predict 42-21 Liberty. 

To make it a lil more interesting for those who didn't see my previous post about rivalries. Liberty leads the all time series between the Panthers and the Hawks 22-13-2 with 2 playoff games between the 2 teams with that series tied at 1-1. This is of course including the games dating back to when HJ was just Sour Lake HS and not HJHS. 

On 10/16/2016 at 10:54 PM, kicker said:

HJ wins. No score projections but Liberty will turn back into Liberty Friday night.

This is the hidden content, please

Just a little bit of Liberty being Liberty. This is what Liberty looks like, this is what we usually look like, it's just amazing what a little coaching can do. Coach Taylor is building a program. Taylor is from Liberty, it took exactly that for us to be successful, someone who knows the ins and outs of the town and the politics behind it all. We never get bonds passed we never get our facilities upgraded, we never go and pay a lot of money for a good HC, but bringing in this home town guy was the perfect move. He knows what he has and doesn't have and knows what to expect from the community. No complaints, just getting the job done with what he have finally, and we always have talent, now we have coaches that know what to do with that talent.

41 minutes ago, griff said:

It's hard to imagine HJ scoring 21 on Liberty while running that barnyard offense.  

you are right, but Tarkington scored 14 on us with that barnyard offense.. I think it's more of when we are up by a few scores they get those TD's in garbage time so if this actually ends up being a close game, you could expect a 28-21 type game because of the styles of offense, those 56-21 scores are coming from fans who are predicting a blow out, we get up 35-0 and let off the gas and they score 2 or 3 making it 56-21. If this game isn't a blowout, the score wont look that high it would look closer to our Shepherd game score 20 something to 20 something, but if we do get up by quite a few early, that's where I see it being 42-21 and other fans saying things like 56-21 and so on and so forth.. but if it's a close game you won't see a 56-45 type of score board with these offenses youll something in the 20's from each side

On 10/17/2016 at 5:12 AM, ThunderCat said:

I feel as if HJ will find a way to slow down the Liberty back that everyone has seen this year and is running the ball like a grown man. Stack the box and force them to throw which is still not their forte! HJ has 4 returning DBs and should be able to make some big plays if they can force bad throws. I will take HJ in a close one for the WIN!!!!!!

I think Liberty may have improved much passing the ball JJ Slack went 8/11 3tds with well over 150 yards.