(((Cowboys vs Packers)))

What are yall's thoughts? I believe we can win in GB if continue to play like we have been. We have 10 players listed as questionable for tomorrow, but GB may not have much of a running game with their two main backs injured. I believe Mo can shutdown Nelson, we just need to get to Rodgers early and often! Go Cowboys!!!

Cowboys look really good again today so far.  I still maintain that Romo is the better qb if healthy, but barring a major setback dak has earned the right to see this season out.  He's been so good because the Cowboys have been so balanced, but he manages the game really well and he's starting to make some tougher throws as well.  

Cowboys kicked that Packer arse today. Dak and Zeke are just amazing. I can't think of enough superlatives to describe them. The whole team is playing like a machine and I think it is because you have two rookies taking the NFL by storm. Winning is infectious. Fourth straight game that Zeke has 130 yards rushing. No other rookie has done that. Dak set the rookie record for completed passes without an INT. Only thing I still see that we need to improve on is pass rush. Rogers was back there pitching a tent and roasting weiners. Could have lit a cigarette if he wanted. All in all a very competitive game. Dak and Zeke fear no one. Dak was asked pregame what he thought of Lambeau field. He said it was cool but that he had played in LSU and Alabama.......two tough places to play.

Herm Edwards made a good point in the post game comments. This team is young and really doesn't know Romo as the QB; he really hasn't been the full time starter since 2014. Dakota is consistent and this has the entire team playing at a high level because he is the only starter for more than two games in a row any of them really know. The rest of the components were there...they just needed leadership. Dakota does that.

To me, this was the game that swayed my mind about Dek keeping the starting spot. The past two weeks Dallas has played two pretty good defenses and the offense has handled the job. But going to Green Bay and beating them like they did was surprising. Last year we hurried Romo back and he got hurt again, this year Romo can get 100% healed before he comes back. At some point Romo will have to play, will it be a start or come in and finish a game. I think he needs to start so you can see him play and let him get game speed. Then bring Dek in the rest of the game.  Let Romo start two or three games and each game increase the time he plays, then evaluate and make a decision. JMO! Go Cowboys!!!   

10 hours ago, STiger85 said:

To me, this was the game that swayed my mind about Dek keeping the starting spot. The past two weeks Dallas has played two pretty good defenses and the offense has handled the job. But going to Green Bay and beating them like they did was surprising. Last year we hurried Romo back and he got hurt again, this year Romo can get 100% healed before he comes back. At some point Romo will have to play, will it be a start or come in and finish a game. I think he needs to start so you can see him play and let him get game speed. Then bring Dek in the rest of the game.  Let Romo start two or three games and each game increase the time he plays, then evaluate and make a decision. JMO! Go Cowboys!!!   

I agree somewhat because i have been a Romo fan and always taken his side in lots of the losses, even some of his late game INTs. I would say that he shouldn't' have been put in the position to throw because earlier failed plays should have put us ahead. But now, he has become a very fragile QB and opposing teams know that. He can still make the throws but he is very limited in his mobility.

Dak is not just keeping the ship afloat, he is winning games even the experts didn't think he could win, and he did it with punctuation. Backup QBs are counted on to have us at 3-3, maybe even 4-2, but we're 5-1 and if not for Williams' brain fart against the Giants, we could be 6-0. Dak also runs some plays that Romo just cant do, like the read option.

I wouldn't want to be the one to make this decision, but every player comes to a point in their career when they have to pass the reins to a younger guy. Sad but true. 

Side note: Zeke had 157 yards against the #1 rated run defense who was averaging giving up only 42 ypg. Awesome!!

I think its a little too early to choose. A lot depends on how long it takes for Romo to actually return healthy without rushing it, and how well Dak continues. All too often the whole game was on Romo's shoulders. He may do better with a balanced game plan and Zeke helping to tote the load. With that being said, if Dak continues to play well and Romo's recovery takes him deep into the season Dak should keep the job.