JV Crosby Coogs vs JV Dayton Broncos

Bronco94

37 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It was in Dayton, heard the refs there were very favorable for the Broncos. 

Crosby didn't cheat they made more plays.  It was a good football game.  It was two teams with tons of pride.  Both teams played hard and the refs were not favorable.  I know coach freeman we spoke before the game.  He hadn't seen my son since pee-wee league.  Good job coogs.  good job broncos on to next week

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

So if Dayton's JV loses to Crosby do you still feel like Dayton will be back in full force competing for district championships again next year at the varsity level? I'm just wondering since most of the young studs are already on varsity getting experience at other schools and Dayton is loaded with seniors but still 2-5 playing against them.  

I still think they will compete next year.  My son plays summer ball with a lot of the kids in the district.  They aren't much better than a lot of the sophmores on our jv.  The varsity coach just decided to throw the kids in the fire early this year.  I would much rather my son stay on jv and get reps than get moved up and have to split time.  Its called player development which is something Dayton hadn't done in years.  Well now its back and Im excited about it.  Good luck to Crosby on the rest of the season.  No hard feelings here.  I can take a loss. My son has eaten dinner and iced his hand.  Now he is doing homework lol on to next week

55 minutes ago, Coach Klien said:

Wish the refs would have made some tackles or stopped the pass. With that being said the refs are favorable to most home teams as you will probably see tomorrow night. And once again i hope they ( the refs) can defend the pass or tackle.

Not nice coach lol.  the boys played hard

I agree with you bud, it was s good game, of course I would have rather won this one, but we gotta hold our heads up high. My son came home with ice on his right arm and right hand, but other than that we gonna be alright. Got two more ball games, nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats to the Coogs, congrats to the Broncos.

2 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

I agree with you bud, it was s good game, of course I would have rather won this one, but we gotta hold our heads up high. My son came home with ice on his right arm and right hand, but other than that we gonna be alright. Got two more ball games, nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats to the Coogs, congrats to the Broncos.

Hope everything is okay with his arm.

3 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

He played extremely well tonight. 

52 minutes ago, Bronco1983 said:

I still think they will compete next year.  My son plays summer ball with a lot of the kids in the district.  They aren't much better than a lot of the sophmores on our jv.  The varsity coach just decided to throw the kids in the fire early this year.  I would much rather my son stay on jv and get reps than get moved up and have to split time.  Its called player development which is something Dayton hadn't done in years.  Well now its back and Im excited about it.  Good luck to Crosby on the rest of the season.  No hard feelings here.  I can take a loss. My son has eaten dinner and iced his hand.  Now he is doing homework lol on to next week

I know you just moved back but you'll see Dayton's jv records are often better than their varsity ones. You son and his teammates should enjoy the winning while they can. Dayton has a lot of good kids now but they're still 2-5, they're going to have less next year and it's going to get even tougher as they lose enrollment to the top teams in the district. Hard to see the offense and defense both worse than last year and think there's some player development going on. Good luck to Dayton too, after tomorrow of course. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I know you just moved back but you'll see Dayton's jv records are often better than their varsity ones. You son and his teammates should enjoy the winning while they can. Dayton has a lot of good kids now but they're still 2-5, they're going to have less next year and it's going to get even tougher as they lose enrollment to the top teams in the district. Hard to see the offense and defense both worse than last year and think there's some player development going on. Good luck to Dayton too, after tomorrow of course. 

Just picking on one part here, since you've mentioned it several times now. Are you saying we're losing the enrollment race so to speak, or losing actual players to other teams in the district? Just curious.

As far as player/depth development goes, when there hasn't been been a big focus on that in a couple decades, I assume it's going to take more than 8 months to start seeing some real fruit there. We'll see though.

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

No disrespect boss but we will have to agree to disagree.  So you telling me the kids on JV wont get better lol.  They will be fine and I promise you they wont be 2-5 next year.  I talked to coach freeman before the game.  you guys are going to be good, but so will we

4 minutes ago, dayton said:

Just picking on one part here, since you've mentioned it several times now. Are you saying we're losing the enrollment race so to speak, or losing actual players to other teams in the district? Just curious.

As far as player/depth development goes, when there hasn't been been a big focus on that in a couple decades, I assume it's going to take more than 8 months to start seeing some real fruit there. We'll see though.

Losing enrollment to the other teams as in other schools are growing much faster than Dayton and will theoretically have larger pools of talent to choose from going forward. For instance, Porter and NC already have decent players at their current enrollments which is 200-300 kids greater than Dayton's. In a couple of realignments their enrollment will be 500-600 kids greater than Dayton's and they should be even better teams, similar situations for Crosby and BH. By 2020 six of the nine teams in the district will most likely have enrollments over 2000 and BH will be 1800+. 

29 minutes ago, Bronco1983 said:

No disrespect boss but we will have to agree to disagree.  So you telling me the kids on JV wont get better lol.  They will be fine and I promise you they wont be 2-5 next year.  I talked to coach freeman before the game.  you guys are going to be good, but so will we

Like your buddy Bronco94 it's good to have faith. Kids get better everywhere though, you'll see what I mean when those jv kids play against kids next year that were already on varsity. 

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Losing enrollment to the other teams as in other schools are growing much faster than Dayton and will theoretically have larger pools of talent to choose from going forward. For instance, Porter and NC already have decent players at their current enrollments which is 200-300 kids greater than Dayton's. In a couple of realignments their enrollment will be 500-600 kids greater than Dayton's and they should be even better teams, similar situations for Crosby and BH. By 2020 six of the nine teams in the district will most likely have enrollments over 2000 and BH will be 1800+. 

Heck, our elementary schools are busting the seems. 2020 is when you should start seeing a noticeable increase at BH.

Y'all will just have to wait and see. And 14.2 your stats well that's just what they are stats, and believe me, you can't take them to the bank. Yalls JV was physical that's for sure but as far as seeing talent and finesse, that wasn't seen. But we are taking the loss and moving on, and tonight we will see and hear how our varsity was better prepared than yours and whatever else you come up with. I do hope and pray for an injury free good sportsmanship ball game, but, that doesn't mean we won't punch back when punched at. As always Go Broncos!!!!!