22-5A after week 6

pakronos

So far, we pretty much know the fate of Nederland. As much as I can't stand them, I feel bad and kinda empty about the brake beating last night. It's gonna be full of excuses in the future of why they lost. Wish they were healthy then the beating would have been better. It kinda sucks not to see them in the playoffs...then again bragging on making the playoffs and winning DC makes them staying home sweeter.

Well I said it last week that central is about to go on a run with possibly upsetting png and making the playoffs. They will beat the dogs in a close contest. 

Otherwise, the top teams did what they were suppose to do. Next week, we have two big games in the district. Png vs vidor and central vs nederland. One to position for DC rights....the other a playoff game atmosphere...

Livingston isn't good, but will certainly get to 4 wins with Lee and Ozen still on the schedule. I guess they are still in contention if 4 wins is the key number to get to... I think PAM will beat PNG, PNG will edge Vidor. I actually think Vidor due to their style might play PAM the closest, but I don't think they can stop their passing game. PAM should run the table in district and has the talent to make a little noise I think.

It's entirely plausible for Ned to win out and end up 6-2.  The Central game is a toss-up in my eyes and MCM is always unpredictable so a win over PNG isn't out of the question either.  I wouldn't count them out by any means and I don't have ties to any of the schools.  Just an outsider looking in that know the histories.   

6 minutes ago, Goblin said:

It's entirely plausible for Ned to win out and end up 6-2.  The Central game is a toss-up in my eyes and MCM is always unpredictable so a win over PNG isn't out of the question either.  I wouldn't count them out by any means and I don't even have ties to any of the schools.  Just an outsider looking in.

We are 1-3 after the forfeit. If we finish 6-2 in district, then Neumann truly is amazing. lol I'm a realist. We will be scrapping for 4th place which would be impressive I guess given the circumstances...

12 minutes ago, Goblin said:

It's entirely plausible for Ned to win out and end up 6-2.  The Central game is a toss-up in my eyes and MCM is always unpredictable so a win over PNG isn't out of the question either.  I wouldn't count them out by any means and I don't have ties to any of the schools.  Just an outsider looking in that know the histories.   

The best can end up is 5-3 in district.

Until history is proven otherwise PNG will beat Vidor. Its just one of those situations where one team owns another. For some reason Vidor plays up to teams like Nederland and Central but seems to get beat by PNG every year even when they are favored. I'm not saying it cant happen and I am definitely not sleeping on Vidor, just stating its a mental block Vidor has when playing PNG. Kinda of like the last 20+ years against Nederland for PNG. Still think it finishes like this:

1.) PAM

2.) PNG

3.) Vidor

4.) Ned/Cent

38 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Livingston isn't good, but will certainly get to 4 wins with Lee and Ozen still on the schedule. I guess they are still in contention if 4 wins is the key number to get to... I think PAM will beat PNG, PNG will edge Vidor. I actually think Vidor due to their style might play PAM the closest, but I don't think they can stop their passing game. PAM should run the table in district and has the talent to make a little noise I think.

4 wins doesn't GUARANTEE a team a playoff spot, 5 does...

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

So far, we pretty much know the fate of Nederland. As much as I can't stand them, I feel bad and kinda empty about the brake beating last night. It's gonna be full of excuses in the future of why they lost. Wish they were healthy then the beating would have been better. It kinda sucks not to see them in the playoffs...then again bragging on making the playoffs and winning DC makes them staying home sweeter.

Well I said it last week that central is about to go on a run with possibly upsetting png and making the playoffs. They will beat the dogs in a close contest. 

Otherwise, the top teams did what they were suppose to do. Next week, we have two big games in the district. Png vs vidor and central vs nederland. One to position for DC rights....the other a playoff game atmosphere...

Even though i wasn't impressed overall, the Jaguars did what they were supposed to do last night.  Still some things to clean up but something to build on going forward.  Everyone counted them out after lossing to Vidor and Memorial but we have found out that they are both at the top of the district.  Jags run the table from this point on with maybe the exception of PN-G giving them 5 district wins... 

16 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Until history is proven otherwise PNG will beat Vidor. Its just one of those situations where one team owns another. For some reason Vidor plays up to teams like Nederland and Central but seems to get beat by PNG every year even when they are favored. I'm not saying it cant happen and I am definitely not sleeping on Vidor, just stating its a mental block Vidor has when playing PNG. Kinda of like the last 20+ years against Nederland for PNG. Still think it finishes like this:

1.) PAM

2.) PNG

3.) Vidor

4.) Ned/Cent

History was proven wrong a week ago in Bulldog stadium. 35 years worth of it. Just sayin'.

5 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Gotta get to 4 before you can get to 5. 4 wins has you in the discussion for playoffs, but you are correct that 5 would seal it. I think there is an above average chance that fourth place is 4-4. Agree or disagree?

Since elementary school, 4 comes before 5.  One of the posters was saying 4 is the magical number, it's not.  It has you in the discussion...

PA-M  8-0, going undefeated playing Porter

PN-G  7-1, loosing to PA-M playing Barbers Hill 

Vidor  6-2, loosing to PN-G and PA-M playing Crosby 

Central  5-3, loosing to Vidor, PA-M and PN-G playing New Caney

This is how i see it ending.

14 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Since elementary school, 4 comes before 5.  One of the posters was saying 4 is the magical number, it's not.  It has you in the discussion...

Correct on the five victories to get into the playoffs. I agree with your four teams. I had sorta thought Lumberton would make some noise but their defense is suspect.

15 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

I agree with your take. I like our chances against everyone except Memorial. I know we can score on them, do not know if we can stop them from scoring

18 minutes ago, robanadana said:

History was proven wrong a week ago in Bulldog stadium. 35 years worth of it. Just sayin'.

I agree and that was a huge win for yall but even when yall don't beat Nederland yalls games are still very competitive. Look, like I said earlier im not saying Vidor wont win just stating something Ive witnessed over the years of these two teams playing. its just IMO. Should be a hell of game

6 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

I agree and that was a huge win for yall but even when yall don't beat Nederland yalls games are still very competitive. Look, like I said earlier im not saying Vidor wont win just stating something Ive witnessed over the years of these two teams playing. its just IMO. Should be a hell of game

Get there early or you won't get in, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

Believe me no one can stand PA either. Wonderful city, 55K residents and they have as much students with a city of 18K. 

4 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Top finishers in each district do not play each other. We would face crosby if they went D1

12 minutes ago, bulldawg64 said:

Yes amazing a once 3 school town now one school only 5 a   Hmmmm   Need a recount maybe  never know should be looked into

Yep a 4a that had 800 students, another with about 1100 and a 2a with about 300 or so high school kids mixed with middle school kids... and one hige freshman class of 700 students they needed thier own school...and I heard a rumor people saying memorial fudged numbers...whatever just cause LN and those trash mutts got caught, don't mean everyone guilty