Lumberton at Vidor predictions...

mytwocents-28

10 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

28 by halftime won't happen.

500 yards?? So y'all are 400 yards better this year, or we are 400 yards worse? Which one?

L-train....seems you have to keep posting to reassure yourself.  I'm not worried about this game.  

HF and Baytown Lee....some tough games there for ya.

16 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Sure... still didn't answer the question though. Are y'all that much better or we that much worse? 

Never seen either one play, but going by the records this year, Vidor is a heckuva lot better.  But, as Vidor mostly plays Ned tough, even tho they lose most of the time, Ltown seems to get up for Vidor.  Combine that with Vidor being at their most vulnerable after the Ned victory, this game should be closer than most think.  Being at the Boneyard should help Vidor, since them Raiders are spoiled with the new turf.  Bummer. :) 

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

Sure... still didn't answer the question though. Are y'all that much better or we that much worse? 

I think it's a combination of both. Vidor has some people they didn't have last year. Lumberton lost some. Vidor's offense is light years better and I think Lumberton defense is not as good. But that's just my opinion. We will find out tonight.

2 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

I think it's a combination of both. Vidor has some people they didn't have last year. Lumberton lost some. Vidor's offense is light years better and I think Lumberton defense is not as good. But that's just my opinion. We will find out tonight.

Thats a pretty good opinion. From seeing Vidor play this year I would agree with you on them being better, even though they scored less points on a Nederland team that is weaker this year than they did on a Nederland team that won DC last year. I figured y'all would beat them worse

2 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Just watched the Polk County YouTube post of your game highlights with Livingston.  Pretty sure we can double up our 265 on the ground last year, without having to call the UIL...

I'm pretty sure it wasn't 265 on the ground last year, but I could be wrong. Someone else would have to verify that. Y'all only scored 13 points and pretty much went backwards or nowhere in the first half so that would be pretty hard to believe.

And remember your judging off of one game where we played horribly. Should I go watch tape from yalls game with Barbers Hill and judge you off of that?? 

8 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't 265 on the ground last year, but I could be wrong. Someone else would have to verify that. Y'all only scored 13 points and pretty much went backwards or nowhere in the first half so that would be pretty hard to believe.

And remember your judging off of one game where we played horribly. Should I go watch tape from yalls game with Barbers Hill and judge you off of that?? 

Total yards 265 450
First downs 12 17
Rushes/Yds 44/265 44/425
Average rush 6.02 9.66
Comp/Atts 1/6/1 1/11/0
Pass yards 0 25
Comp pct 16.67 9.09
Punts 3 5
Punting Yards 127 142
Punting Average 42.33 28.4
Fumbles/Lost 3/2 1/1
Penalties-yards 5-45

11-

Chron.com

53 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:
Total yards 265 450
First downs 12 17
Rushes/Yds 44/265 44/425
Average rush 6.02 9.66
Comp/Atts 1/6/1 1/11/0
Pass yards 0 25
Comp pct 16.67 9.09
Punts 3 5
Punting Yards 127 142
Punting Average 42.33 28.4
Fumbles/Lost 3/2 1/1
Penalties-yards 5-45

11-

Chron.com

Like I said I could be wrong. That's what I get for trying to go off memory. Maybe it was we held y'all to less than 100 yards in the first half, that may be what I was thinking.

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Like I said I could be wrong. That's what I get for trying to go off memory. Maybe it was we held y'all to less than 100 yards in the first half, that may be what I was thinking.

The chron.com high school sports section has most box scores going back to 08'.

I forgot we scored 83 on Baytown Lee last year.  That game might get nastier this year.