PNG Fans Got a question for ya

pakronos

2 hours ago, JSnipes said:

I am :) Being in this profession for 11 years I have seen AD's at numerous schools come in and dismiss a lot of the traditions of that school. It doesn't enrage me, but it does make me wonder, "why do that?" Being a native of Groves, it just doesn't seem right to have any color than Purple or White be a dominate color. Can you imagine the Indian Spirit with gray and white or gray and purple instead of purple and white? I remember learning how to play the fight song on the recorder in 5th grade. It was the first thing we learned how to play and it was a test grade. That song talks about the purple and white, not the purple and gray. I understand wanting to put your own stamp on a program that immolates who you are, but not at the sake of offending the traditions of a school/program. I have added things to programs that I have worked in hopes to build a program around the five pillars that I believe in, but I have always kept any tradition that belonged to a school. To many the gray may not be a big deal, but to a lot of the community it is. I no longer live in the school district and very rarely get to catch a game. However, I do miss seeing the purple on purple and white on white when I do get to watch one. I don't know coach personally and always hear good things about him. I'm just no fan of the gray even though it does look good in the color scheme department. 

DUDE........ THIS GUY SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT........ UNLESS YOU GROW UP AS AN INDIAN... YOU JUST DONT GET IT...... SOME THINK THEY DO...... BUT THEY DON'T....... THE RAH RAHS AND THE MOMMAS LOVE IT..... THE TRANSPLANTS LOVE IT.... BUT IF YOU SUITED UP IN THE PURPLE AND WHITE........... Its just different..... It is easy for folks that grew up elsewhere and moved in and act as if they know.... But unless you learned cherokee your first week of Kindergarten (most sooner)........ Some just wont get it.... Change is good... But for tradition its not.... If the newbies and transplants knew about the times we had, they would understand.. I surely don't hold it against them.... But its just a thing I guess... There is a meaning to bleeding purple..... And it starts when your about 2 ish......... And by the time you graduate, well your just a pro at it................. I say it 100 times.... Last I heard it was always be faithful... To purple and white......... 

NDN Nation... No offense to you.. We have a truce............. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Never understood why some men get so hung up on uni's. That to me is a woman thing.

Because some men have style lol :) I like the way the new uniforms look, but it doesn't mean I have to be 100% smiles over it replacing the Purple and White.

Ashley, I can see the baseball uniforms being gray on the road. Gray uniforms is just a huge part of baseball. I do remember those gray basketball uniforms. I just felt like for me growing up the purple and white symbolized PNG just at the Star did the Cowboys (obviously on a much smaller level...I hate the Cowboys btw...Oilers fan). I can't imagine a Cowboys or WOS helmet with a different decal. For me growing up and everyone else in my world the purple and white was the same thing. I have actually had a few people who did not grow up in PNG nor ever work there ask me, "what's the deal with the gray?" Maybe it was used in football back before I started paying attention in 1988-89. I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

DUDE........ THIS GUY SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT........ UNLESS YOU GROW UP AS AN INDIAN... YOU JUST DONT GET IT...... SOME THINK THEY DO...... BUT THEY DON'T....... THE RAH RAHS AND THE MOMMAS LOVE IT..... THE TRANSPLANTS LOVE IT.... BUT IF YOU SUITED UP IN THE PURPLE AND WHITE........... Its just different..... It is easy for folks that grew up elsewhere and moved in and act as if they know.... But unless you learned cherokee your first week of Kindergarten (most sooner)........ Some just wont get it.... Change is good... But for tradition its not.... If the newbies and transplants knew about the times we had, they would understand.. I surely don't hold it against them.... But its just a thing I guess... There is a meaning to bleeding purple..... And it starts when your about 2 ish......... And by the time you graduate, well your just a pro at it................. I say it 100 times.... Last I heard it was always be faithful... To purple and white......... 

NDN Nation... No offense to you.. We have a truce............. 

I'm too honest to be President. :)

2 minutes ago, JSnipes said:

Because some men have style lol :) I like the way the new uniforms look, but it doesn't mean I have to be 100% smiles over it replacing the Purple and White.

Ashley, I can see the baseball uniforms being gray on the road. Gray uniforms is just a huge part of baseball. I do remember those gray basketball uniforms. I just felt like for me growing up the purple and white symbolized PNG just at the Star did the Cowboys (obviously on a much smaller level...I hate the Cowboys btw...Oilers fan). I can't imagine a Cowboys or WOS helmet with a different decal. For me growing up and everyone else in my world the purple and white was the same thing. I have actually had a few people who did not grow up in PNG nor ever work there ask me, "what's the deal with the gray?" Maybe it was used in football back before I started paying attention in 1988-89. I don't know. 

PNG had gray uniforms in the 50's I believe 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Dont let NDNation see this lol

Yeah... Once she sees my post, she is  going to go off.. Her husband, the kids, all that... Just let her know I was not talking about her, she gets a pass...................... If she gets on the "The kids love the gray" topic, we are all in trouble.............................:)

NDN Nation........ I will Let you buy me a water at the game tonight!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Yeah... Once she sees my post, she is  going to go off.. Her husband, the kids, all that... Just let her know I was not talking about her, she gets a pass...................... If she gets on the "The kids love the gray" topic, we are all in trouble.............................:)

NDN Nation........ I will Let you buy me a water at the game tonight!!!!!!!!!

I honestly get your point. Now understand mine...there are old timers, football alumni...etc...that don't give a flip what the players play in. You're on here posting in LARGE screaming language about some grey uniforms. Need I say more? But I'm gonna let you make it, because whether you're a born and bred Indian or a Transplant...we're all one big happy family. You better thank us transplants or the pickings would be getting a little sparse.

I'm not buying you water.