21-5A Outlook

Cougar14.2

Very surprisingly results for week 1. All three favorites lose, all six hopefuls win or tie. 

Crosby loses by 14, Dayton loses by 7, Kingwood Park probably falls out of playoff talk with a 32 point loss to Magnolia. 

Porter ties(cancellation), Splendora wins by 23, Humble wins by 24, New Caney wins by 28, Caney Creek wins by 33 and Barbers Hill wins by 34. 

Post week 1 predictions

1. Crosby

2. Humble

3. New Caney

4. Dayton

5. Barbers Hill

6. Kingwood Park

7. Porter

8. Caney Creek 

9. Splendora 

11 minutes ago, Octfeb said:

Its gonna suck for Crosby if BH makes the top 4. I think its a toss up for DC between Crosby and Dayton. Dayton coming out on top though after its all said and done of course!

April, if we're being honest Dayton probably has the hardest schedule in the district behind Kingwood Park. You're about to play Nederland and Splendora and get no looks, then y'all are @Humble, Home to New Caney then @Barbers Hill. Humble and New Caney will probably both be undefeated also.

Dayton either solidifies their place the first five weeks of the season or they might end up having a play-in game with BH the last game of the year. 

Well I know coach will have all the kinks worked out by Friday, I'm sure Nederland will want revenge from their last game, and I know coach nations and the Broncos will take that in consideration in preparation this week. We have a good coach, good team, and a great work ethic. Let's get ready to go to work Broncos and let's take care of Nederland Thursday night and then again Friday night, BRONCO STYLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Well I know coach will have all the kinks worked out by Friday, I'm sure Nederland will want revenge from their last game, and I know coach nations and the Broncos will take that in consideration in preparation this week. We have a good coach, good team, and a great work ethic. Let's get ready to go to work Broncos and let's take care of Nederland Thursday night and then again Friday night, BRONCO STYLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me." Stuart Smiley

8 minutes ago, indianforever said:

I think Crosby fans will be keeping a close eye on the BH games

Your district is so bad this year it's hard to judge by playing anyone from over there. Vidor is probably equal to what KP is going to be in 21-5A this year. We'll see how they look against that level of competition but they actually open district play @Crosby in two weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Your district is so bad this year it's hard to judge by playing anyone from over there. Vidor is probably equal to what KP is going to be in 21-5A this year. We'll see how they look against that level of competition but they actually open district play @Crosby in two weeks. 

What do you think BH/KP score will be?  Just a guess

49 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

C'mon man, if Dayton doesn't beat Ned by at least 28 I would seriously be worried. This is the worst team I've seen Ned put on the field in recent memory. Maybe they improve week two but I still think Dayton should win by four scores minimum. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

April, if we're being honest Dayton probably has the hardest schedule in the district behind Kingwood Park. You're about to play Nederland and Splendora and get no looks, then y'all are @Humble, Home to New Caney then @Barbers Hill. Humble and New Caney will probably both be undefeated also.

Dayton either solidifies their place the first five weeks of the season or they might end up having a play-in game with BH the last game of the year. 

No elaboration on the possibility Crosby might go D1 if BH finds their way in the top 4? Just what may or may not happen with Dayton huh? Got it!

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

What do you think BH/KP score will be?  Just a guess

IDK man, hard to tell because KP looked so bad. Magnolia is picked to win their district but I thought KP would look better than that. I don't think Vidor tested BH's defense enough to be able to get a good read on them.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

C'mon man, if Dayton doesn't beat Ned by at least 28 I would seriously be worried. This is the worst team I've seen Ned put on the field in recent memory. Maybe they improve week two but I still think Dayton should win by four scores minimum. 

For once, we agree, or maybe twice!!

25 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If Crosby goes D1 they get Png. Toss up game cause Johnson will go off. Both defenses will be meh. Long time to see. 

That game would be an epic beat-down if Crosby stays healthy. IDK how the record is going to end up but this is probably Riordan's best team at Crosby. Make of that what you will. 

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That game would be an epic beat-down if Crosby stays healthy. IDK how the record is going to end up but this is probably Riordan's best team at Crosby. Make of that what you will. 

If every team a coach had stays healthy every team would be his best team. 2 years ago Crosby folk said it was his best team, a year ago before Grace got hurt that was his best team. Its a cliche`. We have had our "best teams" for 6 years straight, I dont see no state title trophys, only 1 state semifinal trophy fwiw over here. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If every team a coach had stays healthy every team would be his best team. 2 years ago Crosby folk said it was his best team, a year ago before Grace got hurt that was his best team. Its a cliche`. We have had our "best teams" for 6 years straight, I dont see no state title trophys, only 1 state semifinal trophy fwiw over here. 

I understand what your saying but look at it for a second. Two years ago was Riordan's second year which was the Twins senior year. Offense was on pace to go into the record books but we had defensive issues and gave up 56 in a second round game.

Year after that was when we had the deepest team which is why people were saying it was the best. That year the record showed it and we signed 10 kids, which was the most for us, so that technically was his best team to date.

Last season we were better than the previous year but we ended up running into Ridge Point which is why I say I don't know if the record will necessarily reflect us being better this year. We can go D2 and be the favorite to win the region or go D1 and get Manvel. Difference could be a 10-2 or 14-2 record but it wouldn't change how good the team is. 

At the risk of alienating my peeps in Coog Town, i don't think this is Rio's best team. Skill position wise maybe, but line play not so much, will be our weakness all year.  There are still to many athletes walking the halls of CHS not playing football don't get me wrong it's getting better but we're not there yet.  Prime example #30 played his first game ever against Manvel, he will definitely be a defensive strength this year. 

16 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I understand what your saying but look at it for a second. Two years ago was Riordan's second year which was the Twins senior year. Offense was on pace to go into the record books but we had defensive issues and gave up 56 in a second round game.

Year after that was when we had the deepest team which is why people were saying it was the best. That year the record showed it and we signed 10 kids, which was the most for us, so that technically was his best team to date.

Last season we were better than the previous year but we ended up running into Ridge Point which is why I say I don't know if the record will necessarily reflect us being better this year. We can go D2 and be the favorite to win the region or go D1 and get Manvel. Difference could be a 10-2 or 14-2 record but it wouldn't change how good the team is. 

I hear ya. 

Kids still got to win the games. You never know who will show up on Friday nights with high school teams. BH couldve hung 60 points on Vidor. I still think our weakness will be the secondary against passing teams ie. Crosby. Remember, we use run an offense almost exactly like Vidor, so it was easy for our Defense to defend. One thing for sure, you will probably have to score alot to beat BH this year. I'll wait till after week 3 to evaluate if we will be a playoff contender.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

True statement about staying healthy. 

I do believe last year's team was Rio's best at that point. But honestly believe this one can be better. O-Line not so big but more high end skill talent than I've ever seen. Austin Walter still the best Cougar back I've ever seen imo. He'll stay there on my list until someone produces on the field. Grace and Williams are amazing but haven't surpassed Walter yet imo. However, there is high end offensive and defensive talent all over the field for Crosby this year.

But yes. I agree. Everyone is full of optimism at the start of each year. As true fans should be.