College educated voters

westend1

Hillary Clinton's recent surge in the polls is being fueled in part by a demographic that President Obama lost handily four years ago — white, college-educated voters.

"In over a half-century, no Democratic presidential candidate has carried white voters with a college degree," said Michelle Diggles, a senior political analyst with the center-left think tank Third Way, who described the split between the white working class and whites with a college degree as "the most underreported story of this year."

GOP nominee Donald Trump is hoping that white working-class voters can fuel his own victory. But his climb becomes doubly harder as he is far behind Clinton in the demographic bloc that is usually reliably Republican.

In the last presidential election, Barack Obama lost the college-educated white voters by 14 points. But now Clinton is winning this same group by about 8.7 points, according to an average of the most recent NBC/Wall Street Journal, CNN/ORC and ABC/Washington Postpolls.

49 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Very good possibility.  Especially when it comes to this country's seeming preference for symbolism over substance.

I know you didn't just try to attribute "substance" to Trump.  Was it the "it's going to be terrific" or "I'm hearing things" that you found to be the most substantive?  

I found the tax proposal to be substantive.  But, then again, many confine themselves to selective hearing when it comes to the candidates.  In spite of his very pathetic manner of expressing himself,  I am experiencing "The Audacity of Hope".  AT least he hasnt blamed any of his business failures on a video.

14 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I found the tax proposal to be substantive.  But, then again, many confine themselves to selective hearing when it comes to the candidates.  In spite of his very pathetic manner of expressing himself,  I am experiencing "The Audacity of Hope".  AT least he hasnt blamed any of his business failures on a video.

A very noble experience.

As Andy Dufresne said, "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."  

I would like to join you in your optimism...

...while canceling out your vote of course ;)

14 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I am no Trump fan but tell me how Clinton will "absolutely" be better for the country than Trump.

And don't use her disastrous record as experience that somehow makes her better for the country.

he thinks Hillary will be better and you think Trump will be better, you both have that right. More than half the country thought Obama would be better twice, same for GW Bush. Its why we vote. Thats the reason why i am i think congress should have voted on a supreme court justice. I don't care what was done in the past. Garland couldn't have won with the republican majority, but they would have done their job and voted. Case Closed. I go to work 5 days a week and do the job that im being paid to do. If i refuse I must find a new job. I don't have the luxury of saying what was done in the past.

4 minutes ago, new tobie said:

he thinks Hillary will be better and you think Trump will be better, you both have that right. More than half the country thought Obama would be better twice, same for GW Bush. Its why we vote. Thats the reason why i am i think congress should have voted on a supreme court justice. I don't care what was done in the past. Garland couldn't have won with the republican majority, but they would have done their job and voted. Case Closed. I go to work 5 days a week and do the job that im being paid to do. If i refuse I must find a new job. I don't have the luxury of saying what was done in the past.

Then you are essentially saying you have had enough of the "establishment".   You might want to consider someone who has no loyalty/ties to the establishment.

16 minutes ago, new tobie said:

lol...you are constantly bringing up the past, but only when you think it helps your argument. 

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Then you are essentially saying you have had enough of the "establishment".   You might want to consider someone who has no loyalty/ties to the establishment.

Trump has loyalties to trump. If i were republican i would have voted for John Kasich. Im not voting for Hillary, but no way in .....would i vote for trump either. trumps is CRAZY.

14 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You are the one that said you don't care about what happened in the past...I simply pointed out your posts prove otherwise.

I said that i didn't care about birth certificates and emails. i care deeply about the past. you guys care about the thugs of today but not the ones of the past that burned, raped, hung,shot enslaved and committed acts of hatred all week and went to church on sunday

11 minutes ago, new tobie said:

I said that i didn't care about birth certificates and emails. i care deeply about the past. you guys care about the thugs of today but not the ones of the past that burned, raped, hung,shot enslaved and committed acts of hatred all week and went to church on sunday

There is nothing that can be today about the thugs of the past.  And yes, their actions were atrocious.

2 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

There is nothing that can be today about the thugs of the past.  And yes, their actions were atrocious.

we can't keep guns away from thugs, they have no power without them. remember when gangs would just fight one another. guns have changed the game. especially the ones that shoot 50 rounds at a time

3 hours ago, new tobie said:

Why do you care so deeply about the past?  Is it so you can use the past to justify the present?  There goes that fair mindedness and objectivity again.  Should we be more concerned about 911 or direct our attention to trying to prevent it from happening again?