"Making of a Murderer" Conviction Overturned

TxHoops

I don't know how many of you have seen Netflix's Making of a Murderer but a huge ruling came out yesterday involving the case.  Brendan Dassey, the nephew of Steve Avery, was convicted of participating in the sexual assault and murder of Teresa Halbach and sentenced to life in prison.  Yesterday, a federal court judge overturned the conviction based on finding his confession to be involuntary under the 5th and 14th Amendments.  I found the series to be greatly slanted in Mr. Avery's favor and found the shows producers left some key evidence out.  But I was appalled at the Dassey kids confession from the beginning and more particularly the role his initial court-appointed attorney played (or didn't play) in it.  Below is an excellent look at the federal judge's ruling:

This is the hidden content, please

On August 13, 2016 at 0:40 PM, TxHoops said:

I don't know how many of you have seen Netflix's Making of a Murderer but a huge ruling came out yesterday involving the case.  Brendan Dassey, the nephew of Steve Avery, was convicted of participating in the sexual assault and murder of Teresa Halbach and sentenced to life in prison.  Yesterday, a federal court judge overturned the conviction based on finding his confession to be involuntary under the 5th and 14th Amendments.  I found the series to be greatly slanted in Mr. Avery's favor and found the shows producers left some key evidence out.  But I was appalled at the Dassey kids confession from the beginning and more particularly the role his initial court-appointed attorney played (or didn't play) in it.  Below is an excellent look at the federal judge's ruling:

This is the hidden content, please

Free Steven Avery!