Tarkington/Hamshire-Fannett at Livingston/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

24 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, I think most folks that may head to the games do not head to the practices.

Dove is the recrui….. Err…. Talent coordinator there, Dove knows all. :)

If I had to take a guess I'd say Tarkington probably had a better showing than the other two squads. 

Livingston looked the best of all 3 teams. It was 3-1 between them and HF. I think 2-1 Livingston vs. Tarkington. Tarkington scored a defensive touchdown. Tarkington vs. HF was 1-0 Tarkington. Livingston has some talent and threw deep a lot but they will struggle against teams in their classification. HF only had 6 or 7 who have ever played on varsity so a lot of coaching and correction going on. Line needs to come together quick and secondary/linebackers struggled with Livingston. I only saw the live part of the scrimmage.

4 minutes ago, Crawford72 said:

Livingston looked the best of all 3 teams. It was 3-1 between them and HF. I think 2-1 Livingston vs. Tarkington. Tarkington scored a defensive touchdown. Tarkington vs. HF was 1-0 Tarkington. Livingston has some talent and threw deep a lot but they will struggle against teams in their classification. HF only had 6 or 7 who have ever played on varsity so a lot of coaching and correction going on. Line needs to come together quick and secondary/linebackers struggled with Livingston. I only saw the live part of the scrimmage.

Wait, Livingston throwing the pigskin again?  Thought that was a lost art up there….. What kinda offensive formations were they in? 

HF ran an entirely new offense and defense. More passing in one scrimmage than you would see in 5 games last year. Defense has some potential as they learn the new concepts. Spacek and White will lead the team on offense. Paine looked good at receiver. 3 sophomores and 3 freshman on varsity last night

Livingston stayed in their run formation just about every play. Slot t type offense. QB scored on a 50+ yard run on a good read by him and bad read by HF. Both TD passes were over 40 yards. Run to set up the pass and went deep almost every time. A few intermediate passes. Saw them run two outside receivers deep and wingback up the seam deep at least 5 times. Their QB has a good arm and some speed and #15 and i think 2 were pretty good. Had a good dlineman and linebacker. Too many going both ways though to be competitive in 5A.

The conditioning program in the summer was more intense and had a higher participation than the last 4 years. They are also running and lifting during two a days. Not all the standing around at practice like before. Why don't you two find another dead horse to beat or better yet go find the previous coach at his 1A school since you are so concerned about him. Previous O line coach is doing fine at a 5A so it didn't kill his career like some thought it would

Hi.  Maybe you don't know me.  Allow me to introduce myself.  I'm that one guy.  The one that says things on my mind and don't care how people react.

Unfortunately I don't think I will let it go.  I defend ALL coaches to the max.  Some of the HF parents (not all) made up a rediculous story that could've cost jobs.  Of course the coach is fine.  The allegations were investigated and proven to be false.

As for HF.  Could barely score in a scrimmage vs Tarkington or Livingston...you get what you ask for.  I'm here to be the reminder.

Controlled portion of scrimmage....

HF offense vs Tarkington defense first 12 plays of scrimmage. 

Play number 1-70 yard touchdown run. 

Scored 2 other touchdowns in the first 12 plays of the scrimmage. That's 3 td's in 12 plays for the first group.

second group struggled offensively. 

During live portion HF had 4 possessions. Struggled on first 2. Scored on the 3rd and ended then scrimmage on the 14 going in with a couple of throws into the end zone. 

Defense played well vs Tarkington. Struggled a bit vs Livingston. Overall a good showing for a young group and new staff.