West Orange-Stark at Port Neches-Groves/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

That is not at all how he became the starting QB lol. 

He was named the starting QB before the first game of his sophomore year. The starter moved on the summer and the next man up was removed from the team the Thursday before the first Friday game. JD was then named the starter for the first game as a sophomore. 

Correct me if I am wrong TD

That's not exactly how it went. He kicked extra points his freshman year when the playoffs started. That summer Dillon Sterling Cole moved to Houston and the day before the first game of the season the number 1 QB was removed from the team. So, he was number 3 going into his sophomore season and ended up starting the season. Really had nothing to do with injuries or PNG. Would've been a good story.

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

That is not at all how he became the starting QB lol. 

He was named the starting QB before the first game of his sophomore year. The starter moved on the summer and the next man up was removed from the team the Thursday before the first Friday game. JD was then named the starter for the first game as a sophomore. 

Correct me if I am wrong TD

That is how I remember it, too.

6 minutes ago, td said:

That's not exactly how it went. He kicked extra points his freshman year when the playoffs started. That summer Dillon Sterling Cole moved to Houston and the day before the first game of the season the number 1 QB was removed from the team. So, he was number 3 going into his sophomore season and ended up starting the season. Really had nothing to do with injuries or PNG. Would've been a good story.

I remember a QB injury and JD coming in as a freshman. Did he not play the rest of that season? I remember posters on here saying we lost to the third string QB.