I heard a rumor!

Raiders94

I don't know if this is true, but I heard that this is the last year that BISD will let students and or parents chose the school that they want to go to. From what I understand next year they will have to go to the school zone that they live in. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

7 minutes ago, The Icon said:

That would throw a wrench in Toby's recruiting process 

Actually it might end up helping him a little. You know if that rezoning rumor is true: kinda eerie timing with a certain coaching hire that has taken place in another sport. 

2 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Might WB drop down?

It just depends on the zone boundaries.  West Brook will take a hit in my opinion.  I don't know if it will be enough for them to drop.  I think Ozen will be the greatest benefactor.  If divided properly, Beaumont should have 3 5A high schools.  Could you imagine that district...

Beaumont Central

Beaumont Ozen

Beaumont West Brook

Lumberton

Nederland

Port Arthur Memorial 

Port Neches-Groves

Vidor

4 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

It just depends on the zone boundaries.  West Brook will take a hit in my opinion.  I don't know if it will be enough for them to drop.  I think Ozen will be the greatest benefactor.  If divided properly, Beaumont should have 3 5A high schools.  Could you imagine that district...

Beaumont Central

Beaumont Ozen

Beaumont West Brook

Lumberton

Nederland

Port Arthur Memorial 

Port Neches-Groves

Vidor

That only means that it will be three Beaumont teams fighting for second

6 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Beaumont Central

Beaumont Ozen

Beaumont West Brook

Lumberton

Nederland

Port Arthur Memorial 

Port Neches-Groves

Vidor

That would bring back memories of District 22-5A in the 80's:

Beaumont French

Beaumont Charlton-Pollard

Beaumont West Brook

West Orange-Stark (instead of Lumberton)

Nederland

Port Arthur Jefferson

Port Neches-Groves

Vidor

2 hours ago, MAYFIELD said:

That only means that it will be three Beaumont teams fighting for second

Nah, Memorial--WB--and--Central battling for 1st place and seeding, the rest battling for 4th place. At least Mid-County Madness would be even bigger with greater meaning: a potential playoff spot on the line. 

WB won"t drop down. If you look back at their enrollment history, WB's numbers have been consistent. When Ozen opened Central took an enrollment hit. And, every since Ozen started having issues, Central has gotten a boost in enrollment. If anything WB will continue to be a small 6A with Central and Ozen balancing out as medium sized 5A schools. Plus enforcing a zoning policy is fine, but quality of education will make parents like me take my kid to whichever school is offering the best education.