Nederland's next qb?

Any idea who the front runners will be to start at QB for Nederland this season? I assume Simmons and Nguyen will be in the backfield. Perkins, Fisher, Johnson, Garrett, and a Mayfield give experience returning at WR and i've heard the line should be pretty solid....

I'm ready for football season to be here!

8 hours ago, NeDeRlAnD b-DoG fAn said:

Any idea who the front runners will be to start at QB for Nederland this season? I assume Simmons and Nguyen will be in the backfield. Perkins, Fisher, Johnson, Garrett, and a Mayfield give experience returning at WR and i've heard the line should be pretty solid....

I'm ready for football season to be here!

I talked to a former coach on the staff a few weeks ago and he indicated that Mayfield was the front runner last he had heard. Also said the offense would be more similar to what we ran with Sage Seay at QB if that was the case. We are deep at WR and RB and you even forgot to mention the very talented Leleux who played fullback last year and was our 2nd leading rusher behind Krautz! Ned has a big experienced OLine and will be just fine regardless of who the QB is. I think it'll be Mayfield and I think he will have a very good season. Also, remember this name ... Wistner... I think he will shine on defense for the Dogs this season. Played quite a bit as a soph last year and brings a ton of intensity!

9 hours ago, jake94 said:

I talked to a former coach on the staff a few weeks ago and he indicated that Mayfield was the front runner last he had heard. Also said the offense would be more similar to what we ran with Sage Seay at QB if that was the case. We are deep at WR and RB and you even forgot to mention the very talented Leleux who played fullback last year and was our 2nd leading rusher behind Krautz! Ned has a big experienced OLine and will be just fine regardless of who the QB is. I think it'll be Mayfield and I think he will have a very good season. Also, remember this name ... Wistner... I think he will shine on defense for the Dogs this season. Played quite a bit as a soph last year and brings a ton of intensity!

I remember the size Ned had at the 9th grade level a few yrs ago,real good size kiddos back then,saw them vs Liv and it was a rout Reba didn't like:)