SETX in my rear view

After being an Indian all my life and a graduate of 1999 and a season ticket holder for 12 yrs and not missing a game my job is transferring me to Dallas. its real unfortunate I will miss hearing Cherokee every Friday night and seeing that purple and white on the field but I have no choice at this point. My 3 boys will become Lake Dallas Falcons this year. Its going to be real tough sitting in the stands cheering on a team I know nothing about but sometimes you have to sacrifice for the ones you love the most. I will continue to post on here and cheer on my Indians. Does anyone have any info to share about the Lake Dallas area and their athletic programs most importantly football?

8 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

You're supposed to research that before you choose the school district up that way... seriously, good luck.  I'm sure they will be attending schools with outstanding facilities.

I did all the schools in that district have A rating I meant info on the athletic programs and its history...thank you it's going to be different 

1 hour ago, indianforever said:

After being an Indian all my life and a graduate of 1999 and a season ticket holder for 12 yrs and not missing a game my job is transferring me to Dallas. its real unfortunate I will miss hearing Cherokee every Friday night and seeing that purple and white on the field but I have no choice at this point. My 3 boys will become Lake Dallas Falcons this year. Its going to be real tough sitting in the stands cheering on a team I know nothing about but sometimes you have to sacrifice for the ones you love the most. I will continue to post on here and cheer on my Indians. Does anyone have any info to share about the Lake Dallas area and their athletic programs most importantly football?

They usually have a pretty damn good football team, not sure of the other sports though, if i remember correctly they won their region last year. 

sorry to see you go indianforever. i hope you and your family settle in nicely. i know the feeling of leaving an area you grew up in and how it feels on a friday afternoon around 5 and you think about what you would be doing in the months of sept-nov. maybe plan an annual visit to the MCM game. and make a weekend out of it.

23 minutes ago, pakronos said:

sorry to see you go indianforever. i hope you and your family settle in nicely. i know the feeling of leaving an area you grew up in and how it feels on a friday afternoon around 5 and you think about what you would be doing in the months of sept-nov. maybe plan an annual visit to the MCM game. and make a weekend out of it.

Thank you very much and yes I'm saving a few vacation days every year just for that game

22 hours ago, indianforever said:

How are you going to adjust to all that clean air up there?  J/K  Denton County is a beautiful area and it sounds like Lake Dallas is very strong academically and athletically.  Great selection.  As an added bonus, you are nestled up right next Lake Lewisville.  Good luck to you and yours.

Best of luck to you and your family.  It is always hard to leave "home" and start a new chapter in life.  But; it will give your kids a prospective on community and the appreciation of being part of the Southeast Texas experience.

I will never forget after relocating to Kingwood in the 90's and attending our first Kingwood Mustang football game; the youngest tugged on my shirt and said, "why no feathers and "burple"?  She also seemed quite miffed after coming home from elementary school and realizing there would be no pep rallies or singing "Chair-wa-kee".

On 7/12/2016 at 3:32 PM, indianforever said:

Mike Young is the Coach at Lake Dallas he's been their head coach since 2005 overall record 92-38, before that he was the OL coach so he's been there awhile. DCTF has them finishing 1st in 14-5A this year.