Hmmmm

TxHoops

13 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Close.  How could Gates, Buffett, and Jobs all be Democrats since we are all "libtards" and "morons"?  (I am NOT quoting you there by the way.)

I fully understand that you are not crediting me with making the libtard and moron insults.  Once again, I suggest to you that party affiliation has little to nothing to do with the work ethic, ingenuity, and business success of anyone.  I listen to Warren Buffet frequently and will tell you that while he may favor "making sure his tax rate is higher than that of his secretary", ( and the basic reason it is lower is because the bulk of his personal wealth comes via capital gains and the attendant lower rate)  he will also tell you how ineffective the government is in running businesses.  I cant prove this, but I suspect that he is a moral liberal and fiscal conservative but chooses to wear the Democrat label.  I want to ask you a question and respectfully ask that you answer it as honestly as possible.  If a close friend of yours was about to open up a business and he had whittled down his location to two states, would you advise him to begin in the state with higher taxes and more regulation or the one with lower taxes and less regulation?  If you and I both open businesses locally, how does being a democrat insure that you will be more successful than me?

21 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I fully understand that you are not crediting me with making the libtard and moron insults.  Once again, I suggest to you that party affiliation has little to nothing to do with the work ethic, ingenuity, and business success of anyone.  I listen to Warren Buffet frequently and will tell you that while he may favor "making sure his tax rate is higher than that of his secretary", ( and the basic reason it is lower is because the bulk of his personal wealth comes via capital gains and the attendant lower rate)  he will also tell you how ineffective the government is in running businesses.  I cant prove this, but I suspect that he is a moral liberal and fiscal conservative but chooses to wear the Democrat label.  I want to ask you a question and respectfully ask that you answer it as honestly as possible.  If a close friend of yours was about to open up a business and he had whittled down his location to two states, would you advise him to begin in the state with higher taxes and more regulation or the one with lower taxes and less regulation?  If you and I both open businesses locally, how does being a democrat insure that you will be more successful than me?

Honestly it would depend on much more than tax rates.  And he would not pay a high tax rate under my theory but would pay a higher one the more successful he was.  

But how would being a republican make you more successful than me?  Of course that alone does not determine someone's success.  At least not monetarily.   How the government operates does have a bearing as we both would acknowledge   

34 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Honestly it would depend on much more than tax rates.  And he would not pay a high tax rate under my theory but would pay a higher one the more successful he was.  

But how would being a republican make you more successful than me?  Of course that alone does not determine someone's success.  At least not monetarily.   How the government operates does have a bearing as we both would acknowledge   

The assumption is that all conditions are equal except tax rates and regulation. To stay in business, you need to be profitable ( unless you are the Federal Government)  Do you think that as you earn more, knowing you are about to move into a higher marginal bracket, is an incentive or disincentive to produce more?  I  dont believe I stated that being a Republican would make me more successful than you.  Thank you for confirming that Mr. Gates is not the richest man in American because he is a Democrat.  

41 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The assumption is that all conditions are equal except tax rates and regulation. To stay in business, you need to be profitable ( unless you are the Federal Government)  Do you think that as you earn more, knowing you are about to move into a higher marginal bracket, is an incentive or disincentive to produce more?  I  dont believe I stated that being a Republican would make me more successful than you.  Thank you for confirming that Mr. Gates is not the richest man in American because he is a Democrat.  

Correct.  He's a democrat because he's one of the most intelligent men in the world ;)

50 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The assumption is that all conditions are equal except tax rates and regulation. To stay in business, you need to be profitable ( unless you are the Federal Government)  Do you think that as you earn more, knowing you are about to move into a higher marginal bracket, is an incentive or disincentive to produce more?  I  dont believe I stated that being a Republican would make me more successful than you.  Thank you for confirming that Mr. Gates is not the richest man in American because he is a Democrat.  

Hasn't seemed to be a hindrance to Google, Apple, etc...amazingly the more money they make, the more they stay put in a state with higher tax rates.  

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Hasn't seemed to be a hindrance to Google, Apple, etc...amazingly the more money they make, the more they stay put in a state with higher tax rates.  

My error.  I should have stated more clearly that I was referring to you or me starting a business ( perhaps a sub chapter  S )on a local basis.  But since you brought it up, over 2/3 of Apples gigantic cash hoard sits overseas.  Rather than bring it home and have it taxed, they elected to borrow money through a bond offering stateside.   Maybe Apple is not as much a "democrat" as you think it is.  After all, if they had the level of "social conscience" that the Dems would have us believe they all have, they would bring that money back and smile as they gave a goodly portion of it to our benevolent/efficient Federal government.

10 hours ago, stevenash said:

Bill Maher?  Certainly someone I would want to consult when it comes to financial matters!!!!!!!

Just a side bar here.  I wouldn't want to consult Bill Maher on 1 ply or 2 ply toilet paper.  Now I'll get my uneducated (clean -2 ply) behind out of this discussion :)