Happy Fathers Day

nappyroots

Happy fathers day to all the fathers. One thing about fathers is we have more of an opportunity to change the world than anyone else. Some of the things that may not be right in todays society can be fixed by showing love to our children and teaching them to respect parents, themselves and other people. our kids need to know that everyone serves a special purpose in this world that we live in today, everyone is born for a reason. Even the fathers that may have fell short of their responsibilities in the past can start all over today.

14 hours ago, nappyroots said:

Happy fathers day to all the fathers. One thing about fathers is we have more of an opportunity to change the world than anyone else. Some of the things that may not be right in todays society can be fixed by showing love to our children and teaching them to respect parents, themselves and other people. our kids need to know that everyone serves a special purpose in this world that we live in today, everyone is born for a reason. Even the fathers that may have fell short of their responsibilities in the past can start all over today.

It is never too late!

great post

I lost a son 10 years ago, he was 18. Father's day is a little rough for me because of it. However, I am still the proud father of my youngest son. Both turned out to be great kids (no drugs, drinking, showed respect to people). Everyone says how good a job I did raising them and I tell them it is easier when they are just good to begin with. Sorry to be a bummer on a day when lots of fathers are celebrating. I will celebrate too by going out to eat and I will be cheerful, but I will never forget the wonderful time I had with my son, Matt, while he was here.

Tell your kids you love them everyday. You never know what life has in store.

On June 18, 2016 at 4:35 PM, nappyroots said:

Great post nap!   Looking back at my life, it dawned on me that with all the education we're given, there's virtually none involved with raising our children.  And it's the most important job we have!   You need to start correcting them when they're little.  When they crawl to an electrical outlet and reach, gently slap their hand and tell them no.  A few spankings as needed as they start walking.  If you ever spank your kid, and don't regret having to do it, you probably should stop.  Combine the punishment with plenty of love, and as baddog says, tell your children you love them frequently.  My son & his family came over Sat.  He's a 47 yr old, 6'2", 250 bear (7yrs in the Marines), and the first thing we do is bear hug each other.  That's all the Father's Day gift I want.

23 hours ago, baddog said:

I lost a son 10 years ago, he was 18. Father's day is a little rough for me because of it. However, I am still the proud father of my youngest son. Both turned out to be great kids (no drugs, drinking, showed respect to people). Everyone says how good a job I did raising them and I tell them it is easier when they are just good to begin with. Sorry to be a bummer on a day when lots of fathers are celebrating. I will celebrate too by going out to eat and I will be cheerful, but I will never forget the wonderful time I had with my son, Matt, while he was here.

Tell your kids you love them everyday. You never know what life has in store.

My sincerest sympathy on your loss baddog!