Nappy and Ronald Reagan

stevenash

48 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And, of course, "da man" couldn't possibly own a lot because of good financial management and hard work.  That certainly had nothing to do with it.  Everything "the man" has was given to him at the expense of others, right?  As for proof, go back to google and find out what percentage of all tax receipts are paid by the evil rich.  Dove, I moved down here many many years ago with 300 borrowed dollars in my pocket and didn't know a soul and was criticized often because I was a Yankee.  Also had college loans that had to be paid back.  You may find this hard to believe, but I managed to survive in the early years and then had some good fortune in later years and not once did I require government assistance and not once did I tell someone who "had" that it was not fair to me, the "have not" and that they were holding me back.  From my experience, most assets are owned because they are earned.  That statement applies to a lot more people than Kobe, LeBron, and Magic.

Tell the Dakota Indians that story.

History is what it is. It happened and nothing can change that. I refuse to live my life in guilt and apologize for something I had nothing to do with. This is the greatest country history has ever seen. If anyone doesn't love this country, I'm sure there is a flight leaving tonight.

On 6/21/2016 at 2:52 PM, stevenash said:

Look up the famous "war on poverty" started by LBJ.  Then look up how much has been spent on that "war" and let me know if there are many tangible results. ( fyi- Lyndon Baines Johnson, not LeBron James)

I'm still re-reading about Reagan selling arms to Iran...hmmm!

11 minutes ago, baddog said:

History is what it is. It happened and nothing can change that. I refuse to live my life in guilt and apologize for something I had nothing to do with. This is the greatest country history has ever seen. If anyone doesn't love this country, I'm sure there is a flight leaving tonight.

The only people who whine about this country are you guys, and you're still here!!!!!!  I know it's hard but maybe you should try listening.

2 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

The only people who whine about this country are you guys, and you're still here!!!!!!  I know it's hard but maybe you should try listening.

You will always hear me whine when I see communism at the helm. Too many soldiers have died fighting communism to keep yours and my rights intact. I am not picking specifically on you. I'd say that to anyone who thinks there is a better place to live. Try Mexico....oops, those Indians were conquered by the Spaniards, as was most of Central America and South America. Throw the Portugese in there too. Try Canada...oops English and French. Try Australia.....oops, the English again. Oh the dreaded history of the world.

16 hours ago, baddog said:

You will always hear me whine when I see communism at the helm. Too many soldiers have died fighting communism to keep yours and my rights intact. I am not picking specifically on you. I'd say that to anyone who thinks there is a better place to live. Try Mexico....oops, those Indians were conquered by the Spaniards, as was most of Central America and South America. Throw the Portugese in there too. Try Canada...oops English and French. Try Australia.....oops, the English again. Oh the dreaded history of the world.

Ohhh okay, the Indians were minding their own business and...!! The difference is that this country was won (?) or taken over by force. I accept  this and accept that others are trying to take us over. Chickens coming home to roost theory.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, stevenash said:

And, of course, "da man" couldn't possibly own a lot because of good financial management and hard work.  That certainly had nothing to do with it.  Everything "the man" has was given to him at the expense of others, right?  As for proof, go back to google and find out what percentage of all tax receipts are paid by the evil rich.  Dove, I moved down here many many years ago with 300 borrowed dollars in my pocket and didn't know a soul and was criticized often because I was a Yankee.  Also had college loans that had to be paid back.  You may find this hard to believe, but I managed to survive in the early years and then had some good fortune in later years and not once did I require government assistance and not once did I tell someone who "had" that it was not fair to me, the "have not" and that they were holding me back.  From my experience, most assets are owned because they are earned.  That statement applies to a lot more people than Kobe, LeBron, and Magic.

Wait a minute Nash...you didn't use your White Privilege Card to get some free stuff????

2 minutes ago, JWB said:

Wait a minute Nash...you didn't use your White Privilege Card to get some free stuff????

:):):)   Dove, regarding your "chickens coming home to roost" theory.   If it is true,does that mean we should simply let it happen or should we try to preserve this great country?

6 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Ohhh okay, the Indians were minding their own business and...!! The difference is that this country was won (?) or taken over by force. I accept  this and accept that others are trying to take us over. Chickens coming home to roost theory.

Actually, the early settlers could have been considered refugees. They were seeking religious freedom, free healthcare and housing. They were also hell bent on killing as many Indians as they could at one time. The Indians let them in anyway by trying to show compassion. When the Indians said no to the free stuff, they kicked their arses.

Thanks for accepting history since there is nothing we can do about it.....except screw up and repeat it.