Still a long way to go...

TxHoops

I think when you are angry at someone you tend to look at them in the lowest common denominator possible for criticism. A person might have absolutely nothing against women but I can think of some pretty crude terms to speak of one if I was angry at her for any reason including politics. In fact the person uttering such words might in fact be a woman. 

Does that make a person a sexist or just crude?

Obama has to be considered one of the wimpiest and weakest presidents ever. His crowning achievements in almost 8 years in office are Obamacare which appears to be a disaster and at the very least burdened the average working American which huge increases in healthcare and the killing of Bin Laden when he gave consent to the UN Navy to do the job that it was trained to do. There is a lot in between to criticize. Is it really based on his skin color for a majority of his detractors?

James White is the representative for the 19th House district in Texas. He isn't just black but graduated from historically black Prairie View A&M. White in in a district with a white population of almost 80%. This is a part of Texas where you can almost hear the banjos playing when you drive through part of Newton, Jasper, Hardin, Tyler and Polk county yet the overwhelming majority white population voted for him. Is race a factor? Maybe it was because.... he was a military veteran, believes in strong gun rights and pushed hard for and voted for open carry? 

What about Mia Love from the US House and from Salt Lake City, UT. Her district has the massive black population of.... just over 1%. Hmmm...... race didn't seem to deter her. 

Skin color in many cases is an excuse on both sides of the coin for being far or against someone. 

The notion that there is racism out there is almost stupid to bring up. Sure there is. If we could view the future 300 years from now I would be you can find that people still hate people based on skin color, religion, national origin, regional hatred, etc. It goes in all directions and many times, within the groups in question. 

In a country of more than 320 million people, will we get a bunch of crude comments? You bet. Currently about 72% of this country is white. That comes out to about 230 million white people. If on 5% are really troubled by race, that means that about 12 million people are out there to fill bulletin boards with trash. Of course we could go to 10% and make it well over 20 million and so on. 

It is to the benefit of some people to dwell on those people which may be very many in number but very small in percentage. 

Are there people that detest Obama due to race? Absolutely. Did he win an election in a country two times with a black population of only 13%? You betcha. Are there blacks that are elected on the Republican ticket in overwhelming white districts? Yes there are. 

Do a LOT of people hate Obama due to his race? I doubt it percentage wise but certainly in raw numbers as I pointed out. Also the reason that I brought up his record above is because I think he has a lot there to hate and it isn't the amount of melanin in his skin. Hillary is about to get the Democratic nomination with probably the lowest favorability rating for any Democrat nominee in history. Is it due to her sex? The only other person in the race that can match her in historically low numbers is Trump. Maybe they hate him because he is white or rich..................... 

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

This is the hidden content, please

Despite protests to the contrary, you will never convince me that a LOT of the hate in this country towards the President has a LOT to do with his skin color.  Fortunately, it's at least a minority of folks who are stuck in their sad, little minds.  

I agree with one thing completely.

You used the correct term of "a lot" instead of "alot". :)

It's sad that there are post like that, but everyone needs to realize that there is no way you can know what race the poster is.   Like the thread/link I posted stating that the KKK contributed XXXX dollars to Hillary.   Virtually everyone knows that the Klan doesn't back Hillary, so imo they did it to make her look bad.  By the same token, this article gives a black person the opportunity to put whites in a bad light.  The anonymity of the Internet is an avenue to stir the pot.   Whoever did it, whatever the race, shame on them!

On 5/8/2016 at 11:08 PM, TxHoops said:

This is the hidden content, please

Despite protests to the contrary, you will never convince me that a LOT of the hate in this country towards the President has a LOT to do with his skin color.  Fortunately, it's at least a minority of folks who are stuck in their sad, little minds.  

I don't like him because he's a communist.......skin color is irrelevant.......