NCAA Tourney Thread- Sweet 16/Elite 8

PhatMack19

3 hours ago, OldTimer said:

Decent year for the Aggie's - things appear to be set for at least a couple of years to come.

Just hate to see it end against the Sooners 

I appear to be one of the few who think A&M will be better next year.  I think they could be a final four team year after next, assuming Davis is still around.  The best thing is they are going to have ready made offense next year at the point.  It will hide any coaching deficiencies to a large degree, if you are in the camp that there are some (which I still kind of feel, despite the SEC coach of the year award).  Gilder, Hogg, and Davis all with a year under their belts, and arguably the most talented players on the team, just young.  Just wish Thomas hadn't transferred.  Still think that was foolish on his part. 

Regardless, if you are an Aggie and love basketball, it is a long awaited turnaround for you. 

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I appear to be one of the few who think A&M will be better next year.  I think they could be a final four team year after next, assuming Davis is still around.  The best thing is they are going to have ready made offense next year at the point.  It will hide any coaching deficiencies to a large degree, if you are in the camp that there are some (which I still kind of feel, despite the SEC coach of the year award).  Gilder, Hogg, and Davis all with a year under their belts, and arguably the most talented players on the team, just young.  Just wish Thomas hadn't transferred.  Still think that was foolish on his part. 

Regardless, if you are an Aggie and love basketball, it is a long awaited turnaround for you. 

I think they can be good next year again.  The young guys can replace House and Jones offensively.  Caruso is the one guy that I don't think any team in the country could replace.   He does so much that doesn't end up on the stat sheet and those guys are hard  to come by.  

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I think they can be good next year again.  The young guys can replace House and Jones offensively.  Caruso is the one guy that I don't think any team in the country could replace.   He does so much that doesn't end up on the stat sheet and those guys are hard  to come by.  

I really like Caruso too.  But you are getting a kid with so much more game who also has so many intangibles.  He's a leader, a dog, and handles the ball, sees the floor, and distributes the ball probably unlike anyone whose put on an Aggie uniform. 

I don't care what anyone says, that Miami team last night was pathetic.  The way they started off the game, I knew they were going to lose. This team was out coached, out played, out hustled, and I went on the Miami message board and told them all how the coach should took heat for this game. The fans were bashing me back and forth, and I didn't give a crap. Dissapointing on how they ended the season.

3 hours ago, baddog said:

I agree about Caruso......so many intangibles.

Does getting beat soundly hurt as much as a last second prayer? Personally, I would rather have it handed to me. It is easier to figure out what not to do next time.

Getting blown out is way better. I wasn't even mad by the time the game was over.  Having your heart ripped out as the buzzer sounds is definately worse.