Silsbee greatest team ever

15 hours ago, Bmt_4now said:

Don't know what game ur talking about, but Silsbee and  Lincoln bumblebees played at the  Montagne in 1995 the biggest  crowd ever at Lamar  Montagne Center!

1995. Silsbee vs PA Lincoln.  The winner went on to state in Austin.  They did not have a regional tournament then.  I think that came the next year.  Silsbee had Damien Bush.  I only saw him play one game ever, and this was the game.  PA Lincoln had Steve Jackson.  It was his junior year.  The next year he transferred to Oak Hill Academy.  The rest of his career is history, nba history at that.  That is the game I saw and attended.  

Now, maybe they played in Beaumont at the Montagne earlier that season.  i don't know.  The game I saw was in deer park tx.  

Silsbee played Lamar Consolidated at Deer Park that year before the Lincoln game. I was on the team and we didn't play Lincoln at Deer Park. We played them 3 times. Once in Lincoln, once in Silsbee, and once in Beaumont in the playoffs. Silsbee beat Lincoln in 1995/96 in the Montage Center after being down by as much as 20 points. 

I saw one game and it was Silsbee vs PA Lincoln.  The game started at 7pm and i made it in time to see the game.  I was working the same type of schedule I work now.  If that game was played in Beaumont I could not get there on time.  I sat in the stands next to Herb Sapp.  

Silsbee never played Lincoln in Deer Park. Silsbee played Lincoln back in 1988/89 in Port Neches in the playoffs. Silsbee played Lincoln at Westbrook in the playoffs in 1993. They played Lincoln in the playoffs back to back years at Lamar 95 and 96. Besides that we played them in Silsbee and Lincoln almost every year. I know in 1992 and 1994 we beat them in Loncoln. 

On March 16, 2016 at 9:41 AM, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee never played Lincoln in Deer Park. Silsbee played Lincoln back in 1988/89 in Port Neches in the playoffs. Silsbee played Lincoln at Westbrook in the playoffs in 1993. They played Lincoln in the playoffs back to back years at Lamar 95 and 96. Besides that we played them in Silsbee and Lincoln almost every year. I know in 1992 and 1994 we beat them in Loncoln. 

Somewhere there are archives and microfiche to back me up. I will do some research when I get the chance.  I know where I was.  I know what game I saw.

Lincoln and Silsbee was played at Montagne.... It was a good game.... My brother played on that team...If Irvin Earl Spearman hadn't got into trouble he would have been one of the best.. He was a freshman starting on varsity playing against Lincoln (Solomon Jones).. The whole 94 team was the best I seen growing up.... That Year Setx was hoops.. WestBrook , Lincoln, Silsbee, and Kountze.. Bush was a Baller 33 on bee hive that year

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, Kountzer said:

I saw one game and it was Silsbee vs PA Lincoln.  The game started at 7pm and i made it in time to see the game.  I was working the same type of schedule I work now.  If that game was played in Beaumont I could not get there on time.  I sat in the stands next to Herb Sapp.  

6 hours ago, desethion said:

Lincoln and Silsbee was played at Montagne.... It was a good game.... My brother played on that team...If Irvin Earl Spearman hadn't got into trouble he would have been one of the best.. He was a freshman starting on varsity playing against Lincoln (Solomon Jones).. The whole 94 team was the best I seen growing up.... That Year Setx was hoops.. WestBrook , Lincoln, Silsbee, and Kountze.. Bush was a Baller 33 on bee hive that year

Silsbee played Lamar Consolidated in Deer Park that year Lamar had a star guard by the name of Virgil Cobbin who went on to play for the University of St Louis. Elvin Earl Spearman was a great ball player you definitely are correct and the year was 94-95 so it would have been class of 95 we were loaded you had Damian Bush, Aldrick Henry, Tyrell Davis, Donyell Allen, Russell Whitmore, Willie Jones, Damian Taylor and a few more guys that was a good team the game between us  and Lincoln in the Montagne was the state championship game believe everyone knew that coming into the  game and they had played twice already with each team winning on the other home court

Silsbee had a guard who never really panned out. I think he went by the name Capic or something like that. He played maybe one year and I think transfered or left school. I think if Silsbee had Elvin Earl Spearman back in 1995, they would be state champs. He was a long 6'3 wing and very very athletic and could play lock down defense. I remember Spearman transferring to Buna and averaging about 25ppg before being dismissed from the team. 

Will Silsbee ever run out of Spearmans?  Probably not.  As for the rest, next time I am in that area, and I have the time, I am going to drive by the Montagne Center so I can see what it looks like.  I don't know.  I don't know what Lamar Consolidated looks like either. 

I know how Damien Bush played.  He was good.   Silsbee had two big, stout post guys.  I've never seen Silsbee posts with that kind of height and size, before or since.  I know how Steve Jackson played when he was a jr at Lincoln.  He was mostly playing post.  The fact that he later transitioned in to a three pt shooting small forward is a testimony to his versatility, and skill. 

I don't know who Silsbee's head coach was in '95, but if he agreed (which he didn't cause it never happened) to play a regional final against Lincoln at the Montagne center, then....he needed a kick in the butt.  That's like playing in Lincoln's back yard.   Which  is why they played at the neutral sight of Deer Park High School.

Joe Sigler was head coach. Ira Brooks and John Burris assistants. Again I was at the game. It was just as many PA fans as there were Silsbee fans. The reason Butte and Sigler agreed to play at Lamar University is because the ticket demand was out of control. Lincoln Keith Harris was 6'7 and was a darn good post. Lincoln 1st play of the game they threw a alley oops to Harris off the opening tip for a dunk! 

I was at that game. So I guess it was at the Montagne Center.  I definitely don't remember the stadium. It was a closer game than 68 62. Silsbee started putting up desperate shots in the final minutes. Somebody shot a long corner shot that missed.  That was probably the only Silsbee game I went to in the 90s.